“Look for other options”

Patong Paradee Resort
Ranked #290 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This my recent experience at patong paradee in brief , failed to pick up at airport the room was small and the hotel had no hot water for a shower. The main thing problem though was the bed I like a firm matress but this one was like prison hard . The ac blows directly on the bed , even though it's at the end of patong it's still noisy .Finally the woman on the desk was just unpleasent and unhelpful .Its hard to find a positive regarding our stay maybe the square pressed sandwich ham for breakfast maybe...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jamie M

Reviewed 17 September 2012

FIrst night of 7 they told us they couldn't give us the room we booked - which was a room shown to us in a picture when we signed the contract with the travel agency, of a room with a window with view, a balcony with view, and two double/queen/king size beds. Myself and my male friend, not partner, were given a musty smelling, mould filled, tiny room with one queen size bed.
Upon our indication that this was not the room we had contracted for, we were told our room had been sold for the night, they were fully booked (later found out that was crap) and we would have to stay there until the next day. The next day we were given a room with a window and balcony that looked onto an enclosed wall and two single beds. Again we indicated that was not what we contracted for and they refused to change it. The staff (with the exception of one lovely female manager) were unhelpful and unfriendly - especially the night manager who needs a lesson in hotel etiquette, and the room was unclean and generally poor standard. This hotel touts itself as three star, but in actuality, it should be one star. Please, all Australian and English speaking people, do yourselves a favour if you're considering staying at the Paradee, and run a mile to some other cheaper, but much better appointed hotel. There are plenty of options in Patong and the Paradee should only be desperation accommodation if nothing else is available.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but the Patong Paraee
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harvey W
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was in Phuket in July 2012. And checked in Patong paradee resort for 3 days. Importantly the hotel rooms and bathroom are clean. Room rates are affordable. Also walkable distance from the patong beach and main patong area. Even the staff is helpful. Great place to stay, value for money.

Room Tip: Hotel have two wing for rooms. One with balcony and one without balcony. Having the same sq area of...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJ_Ind
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I did not expect anything great - just an average, clean hotel with nice and helpful staff would be enough. Unfortunately my expectations were to high. The room was ok, with fresh bottled water every day, quite comfortable bed and internet (on the top floor - so they improved it since January), although I have no idea why was it called deluxe as in my opinion it looked similar to the others rooms (which I saw through the open door while beeing cleaned). However the bathroom was auwful - it smelled like sewage, drains were blocked and the water was yellowish - that was absolutely disgusting! I complained about that twice and they did nothing to repair that. Staff was rude, unfriendly and could not speak english (the only helpful person was a Russian girl at the reception desk - I think the only one that could speak english and was nice). The breakfast was nothing special - thai dishes were not good at all and I think they serve for breakfast what they did not sell the day before (as there is a restaurant also - I do not recommend it - there is much nicer place 1 minute walk towards the beach, selling also ice creams), so I used to eat only fruits - if you have choice not to book a breakfast just do it as for 2 pounds they ask for it you can have a really nice breakfast somewhere else. I would also like to mention that the swimming pool is really small and there is no sun afternoon and that they charged me more that they write on their website for the airport transport

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Me137
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed overnight at Patong Paradee in January. just the right distance from the heart of action! good hospitality! will go there again!

Room Tip: Chose the top floors! Good view...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SubbuJois
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Graet location, just off the main drag. Good clean room. But the bed was terribly hard. Staff were helpful and wifi worked well. Good safe place to crash each night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 9 January 2012

They first gave me a room with NO Windows... Though, they say on agoda's website that "all the rooms have a private balcony"...

• Stayed: December 2011