“Excellent location... Very good service... Great value..!”

Patong Paradee Resort
Ranked #288 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I need to start by putting this review into perspective... As a person who has stayed in places from "campgrounds" in third world countries to the Burj Al Arab in Dubai and some even better, in 42 different countries (my travel map does not show all my destinations) I have the ability to evaluate things at different levels and at different price ranges while keeping things realistic... Most people may not understand the value vs. what they have paid... In other words was that $3000 USD per night suite worth all that money or what did I get for my $28 USD per night (low season rate) for 5 nights here at Patong Paradee Resort..?

The answer to that question is I got a lot more than what I paid for... Back in February this year I stayed at one of the more popular hotels in Patong and paid almost 3 x's more the price... This was without breakfast and substandard service for the price I paid or even substandard at $28 USD ...So, at $28 USD, I got a lot... To include an excellent location, breakfast, a very clean and good room and very good service..!

The location is perfect for those that want to be close to everything but not in the middle of it all... Patong is a location that has it all and is very convenient as just about everything is within walking distance... The beach is about 2.5 km long... The area that has most of what you will do is about 2000m x 800 m... Patong Paradee Resort is located about 220 m from the beach at the very south end of the beach... This is the quieter end and puts you a 5-20 minute walk from most points of interest to include Jungceylon Shopping Center and Bangla Road where most of the night life is... The area in the center of Patong is extremely noisy from about anytime after it gets dark till morning... So, if you like it quiet or are traveling with family this is something to keep in mind..!

The hotel it self was built in 2 different phases that we will call old and new, built on 2 sides (in the shape of an "L") of a small but very clean and nice swimming pool... All of the common areas were clean... The lobby is an open air type with staff on hand 24/7...

I will speak about the "Deluxe Rooms" as this is the type of room that I had as well as 2 other people traveling with me in another "Deluxe Room"... These are located in the new phase of the hotel which has an elevator/lift to all floors... The room was very clean and everything worked properly... The bathroom was a good size and was fairly modern with the wall between the bathroom and bedroom being mostly glass with louvers for privacy... Most "3-4 Star" hotels in S.E. Asia are like this... The room itself was well big enough for a family with 1 kid... It had a built in sofa bench at the window... The balcony was big enough for 2 chairs and most useful for drying out the beach stuff... The TV was a medium sized flat screen... A small fridge was in the room and kept things very cold... The standard "room safe" was inside the sliding closet (another review on here said that the bell boy sets the code for you... This is not true if you actually listen to the bell boy... He just demos it for you with a code and then you follow the same procedure to set your own code as he suggested)... Absolutely no complaints about the room even if I had paid 2x's more..!

The breakfast area is on ground level and has more than enough seating... First thing by the entrance is where you can order eggs as you like or even an omelet (fillings available: onion, tomato, pepper and chicken sausage)... Then there is a small hot buffet area with 5-6 different things... Next to that is your selection for cold and hot beverages... Then you have an area with breakfast cereal and different kinds of bread with a few toasters and some butter and jam... At $28 USD a night it was better than expected... If you are 2 adults and a kid it is an even better value at the same price..!

I found the service to be excellent at this price point or even if the price were 2-3 x's more (keep in mind what I said in my first paragraph)... As a person that travels as much as I do and Phuket being a repeat destination at 2 times a year, I do not need much assistance as the usual 1st time visitor but on a few other special requests and some logistics issues the hotel's Assistant General Manager, Saichon Yathip (Chony) was extremely helpful and her English was very good... Many hotels assume that it is your first time in Puhket and most likely your last... Most do not think about you as a repeat visitor... I did not get this feeling from the hotel staff or "Chony" who also road to the Airport with me and the 2 others traveling with me who stayed in another Deluxe Room... She was very interested in talking about my previous visits and experiences in Phuket..!

For the best price and transportation options from the Airport to Hotel, check out their website... Their website also clearly states "with breakfast"... Other normal travel sites did not... The other bonus is that if done this way the room is not paid for until arrival... Your credit card number is only given as a guarantee for the reservation... If you do not show or do not properly cancel then you can figure out the rest..!

So, being a regular repeat visitor to Phuket... I can truly say that the "Chony" and her staff will see me again on my next trip to Phuket sometime in the next 6 months... This will be my normal "Go-To" hotel when staying in Patong..!

www.patongparadeeresort.com
Phone: +66 7634 9935, +66 7634 0051

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy1pilot
There are newer reviews for Patong Paradee Resort

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This my recent experience at patong paradee in brief , failed to pick up at airport the room was small and the hotel had no hot water for a shower. The main thing problem though was the bed I like a firm matress but this one was like prison hard . The ac blows directly on the bed , even though it's at the end of patong it's still noisy .Finally the woman on the desk was just unpleasent and unhelpful .Its hard to find a positive regarding our stay maybe the square pressed sandwich ham for breakfast maybe...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 17 September 2012

FIrst night of 7 they told us they couldn't give us the room we booked - which was a room shown to us in a picture when we signed the contract with the travel agency, of a room with a window with view, a balcony with view, and two double/queen/king size beds. Myself and my male friend, not partner, were given a musty smelling, mould filled, tiny room with one queen size bed.
Upon our indication that this was not the room we had contracted for, we were told our room had been sold for the night, they were fully booked (later found out that was crap) and we would have to stay there until the next day. The next day we were given a room with a window and balcony that looked onto an enclosed wall and two single beds. Again we indicated that was not what we contracted for and they refused to change it. The staff (with the exception of one lovely female manager) were unhelpful and unfriendly - especially the night manager who needs a lesson in hotel etiquette, and the room was unclean and generally poor standard. This hotel touts itself as three star, but in actuality, it should be one star. Please, all Australian and English speaking people, do yourselves a favour if you're considering staying at the Paradee, and run a mile to some other cheaper, but much better appointed hotel. There are plenty of options in Patong and the Paradee should only be desperation accommodation if nothing else is available.

Room Tip: Go anywhere but the Patong Paraee
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harvey W
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was in Phuket in July 2012. And checked in Patong paradee resort for 3 days. Importantly the hotel rooms and bathroom are clean. Room rates are affordable. Also walkable distance from the patong beach and main patong area. Even the staff is helpful. Great place to stay, value for money.

Room Tip: Hotel have two wing for rooms. One with balcony and one without balcony. Having the same sq area of...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SJ_Ind
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I did not expect anything great - just an average, clean hotel with nice and helpful staff would be enough. Unfortunately my expectations were to high. The room was ok, with fresh bottled water every day, quite comfortable bed and internet (on the top floor - so they improved it since January), although I have no idea why was it called deluxe as in my opinion it looked similar to the others rooms (which I saw through the open door while beeing cleaned). However the bathroom was auwful - it smelled like sewage, drains were blocked and the water was yellowish - that was absolutely disgusting! I complained about that twice and they did nothing to repair that. Staff was rude, unfriendly and could not speak english (the only helpful person was a Russian girl at the reception desk - I think the only one that could speak english and was nice). The breakfast was nothing special - thai dishes were not good at all and I think they serve for breakfast what they did not sell the day before (as there is a restaurant also - I do not recommend it - there is much nicer place 1 minute walk towards the beach, selling also ice creams), so I used to eat only fruits - if you have choice not to book a breakfast just do it as for 2 pounds they ask for it you can have a really nice breakfast somewhere else. I would also like to mention that the swimming pool is really small and there is no sun afternoon and that they charged me more that they write on their website for the airport transport

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Me137
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed overnight at Patong Paradee in January. just the right distance from the heart of action! good hospitality! will go there again!

Room Tip: Chose the top floors! Good view...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SubbuJois
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Graet location, just off the main drag. Good clean room. But the bed was terribly hard. Staff were helpful and wifi worked well. Good safe place to crash each night.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple