“Great hotel and friendly staff”

Hemingways Silk Hotel
Ranked #39 of 328 Hotels in Patong
singapore
“Great hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the newest addition to the Hemingway group and builds on the very good basis of the other hotels. Very good, clean rooms with free Wi-Fi, pool with bar and good restaurant. Location is close to Jungceylon and Bazaan market and a short walk from Soi Bangla. As with all the Hemingway's hotels, the staff are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: There is construction of some other hotels in the road during the day but the noise is not excessive...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Victor H, General Manager at Hemingways Silk Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear JRT1953,
Thank you for your review for Hemingway's Silk, We are pleased that you liked our newest hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. The construction work at the other hotels around has nearly finished. for future guests reading this if you are arriving in the next week or so ask for a room away from the street and you will not be able to hear the noise at all. The area is very new and is in an excellent location. Thanks for taking the time to write the review and we trust you will come and stay with us again.
Victor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked 4 rooms for 2 nights last week. The rooms were perfect...very clean, secure, aircon worked great, in-room safe, geat in-room wifi, comfortable. Several new hotels were under construction, so it's a bit noisy in the mornings on the front side. Decent pool and bar on the top floor. Extremely close walking distance to Bangla Road, Jungceylon, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful and always "did their best", haha! Typical in Thailand. Would highly recommend you stay here now, as prices are guaranteed to rise in following years.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms will be a bit noisy in the mornings until surrounding construction is completed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Victor H, General Manager at Hemingways Silk Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear jamierehek,
Thank you, a nice review, Our staff were delighted with your mention that you found them very friend and helpful though I am sure they would not understand the "did their best" part. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return. The new hotels nearby are nearly fully completed I would think perhaps it will be finished in a few weeks if not days time. So things will be nice and quiet soon.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for 9 nights in july 2014. Hotel is new. Price was about 1000 bat for the night. If you want to sleep quite - take the room opposite the lobby. It has no balcony, but much larger and quite. In front of the hotel several new hotels are under construction and it noisy in the morning if you take the room with a balcony. Hotel has nice pool at the roof and good pool bar. Bigest mall in Patong - about 2 min walk along the same street. Bangla - 10 min, Patong beach - 20 min. Location is good. Hotels restaurant serves great food. Not cheap, but Phuket food itself is very expensive (about 2 times to Pattaya). There are 2 hotels with Hemingway in their names, so taxi drivers may be in a trouble. Another hemingway hotel is about two blocks away.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Denny_KLM
Dear Dennny_KLM,
Thank you for your nice review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good tip that if you do not need a balcony to take a the larger rooms at the rear of the hotel.

Not only is the largest international shopping center two minute walk, There is also an interesting fresh food market 1 minute away, there you can buy fresh fish and take it to Our restaurant Hemingway's Pub in the same complex as the market and ask them to cook it for you.

We hope you will come and visit us again.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

i arrived very early in the wee hours of the morning and i was ushered in by ben the receptionist. check in was breeze.

location is very central. in the left is the banzaan market and the junceylon shopping mall.

on the right is the way to bangla road in patong. i am not one to enjoy such nightlife but was curious enough to take a peek but it was buddha's birthday and i was told it was closed.

the hotel is fairly new, with a lot of other hotel construction going around the compound. the interiors were so so and one which i feel, if not well-maintained, will deteriorate faster than usual. the bed was very hard, harder than i am normally used to. the shower bothered me. the space was very small and the floor towel just keeps getting in the way whenever i open and close it. another thing that bothered me is keep i locking the doors of the veranda for security reasons but cleaning ladies deliberately kept them open. WHY? this happened for three nights of my stay.

another downside is that the housekeeping is not on call 24/7. they're only available from 8am-5pm.

dee and sutinee were gracious enough to answer my questions and even book me a tour for phi phi islands. i paid 1100 baht after haggling (originally 1500 baht) and later found out that i couls get the same package costs 750 along patong beach. i blame it on hotel rates. known for being higher than usual.

speaking of being ripped off i inquired if i can book directly instead of booking online and received no definite answer. if memory serves me right their site has a published rate of around 15,000 baht per room which was the same as agoda usd 30. i hope you can train the person who handles all reservation email inquiries better. answer apple when askef for apple and orange. when asked for orange and not to go around the question.

inland transportation in phuket is expensive. there's a minibus from the airport costing 180 baht, will stop in the middle to a travel agency and offer you all sorts of promotion. i arrived in the wee hours of the morning and was in no mood to be sales talked. after that they take you direct to the hotel.

most activities include pick up and drop off. i went to phuket town and taxi costs 550 baht per way. i was lucky to find eleven and co. and they're accepting bookings for just 450. look for tanya. her rates are better than the hotel's. 089-592-6642

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank marie s
Dear marie S,
Thank you for your review of the hotel so gland you enjoyed your stay thank you also for your tips to the other guests about other things in the area. I feel that you may like to know that In Patong it is currently low season and many business take advantage of this time to do reservations when their hotels or restaurants are empty. So wherever you go in Patong during the day time you will hear construction going on.
I am sorry you found the bed too firm for you but a simple request for additional bed topper would have solved it immediately. Same as for the housekeeping opening you door/window on the balcony to freshen the air in the room. Just mention to either the housekeeping or front desk that you wish for it to remain locked. A safe is provided in the room for your valuable items.
I am positive that the hotel will continued to be well maintained as are our other hotels in Patong. Our owners spend a great deal of time ensuring this.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Silk hotel for 4 nights and had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location is great (close to everything but quiet) and the room was amazing. For the price especially I was amazed how great the hotel is.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Matthew W
Victor H, General Manager at Hemingways Silk Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mathew W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many of our guests like you love the location of the hotel being close to the action but quiet. We hope you will return to stay with us again.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here twice over the last month, location was excellent, close, but not to close to Bangla road. Rooms were clean, staff were excellent, if you had a problem, it was dealt with right away. Pool and roof top bar area was was well staffed and whatever you needed they got for you. I booked through Booking.com so I felt I got value for my money. Great hotel, can't say enough good things about staff, extremely helpful and very respectful! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kidd1230
Victor H, General Manager at Hemingways Silk Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Kidd1230,
We are extremely appreciative of your review coming from a Senior Contributor it means a lot to us and giving us a high recommendation. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our room clean. Our staff will be delighted when we show them your review. It really does help to keep them motivated when they know their hard work is appreciated. We hope you will come and stay with us again.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I took the airport mini bus to the hotel for 150 THB. The taxi was 800 THB. I was a little disappointed at first when I got to the hotel. At first glance it is far away from the beach and there is a lot of construction going on in the street in front of the hotel. Those initial reactions were fleeting. I actually enjoyed this hotel. The price is great and the location is pretty good. Upon check in, I had told the front desk that I had a lot of things going on. Early check in, wake up call, early check out and I needed them to hold my bags for me. They met each of my requests with a smile. The room was nice. A good size. The bathroom had a waterfall shower head so I was extremely happy since I’m over six feet tall. I asked directions at the front desk for the beach and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I was only 3 blocks away. Along the way to the beach was the _______ walking block. I would return to this spot later on in the evening to see the nightlife. It’s like New Orleans. It’s crazy. I got to Patong Beach and spent the entire day there. Beach vendors provided me with food and beverages as I sun bathed. I returned to the hotel and sun down. I took a shower, dressed and returned to _____ walking street for dinner. I didn’t stay out long because I was taking the Simba Sea Tours Sunrise Phi Phi Island Tour. I asked for a 5 AM wake up call because I was being picked up at 5:20. The call was a few minutes late but I was up anyway. I checked out. I left my luggage at the hotel and had an amazing day on Phi Phi Island. I returned to the hotel and the front desk had a taxi waiting for me for 800 THB. So, for the price and location I would recommend this hotel. If you are looking to stay on the beach this isn’t the place for you. I enjoyed it though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael H
Dear Michael H,
Thank you for submitting a review of the hotel, It was very interesting to read with pleanty of information for our future guests. We as happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As this is the time of the year when Patong Beach gets the fewest visitors many business take this opportunity to do some renovation or repairs as does the local authorities with their works. So as you say there is some construction going on not only near the hotel but throughout Patong Beach. So pleased that you liked the waterfall shower head its one of my favourates too, The hotels location is excellent away from the noise and bustle of the night life which is only a few blocks away and the beach a ten minute walk. We hope you will come and stay with us again.