and 1 more site!
Salathai Resort
Ranked #29 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We stayed at the Salathai Resort B+B for 9 nights and it was ideal...The staff are so welcoming and cannot do enough for you...the rooms are lovely and spacious, a little dark and damp in places but very clean...we had a problem with the air conditioning in our room, the staff couldnt repair so moved us to another room, the staff even offered to move all our belongings for us, which we did not allow them to do bless them....We had booked the B+B on recommendation from other uses and we were not dissappointed...we booked a deluxe room which was on the ground floor and straight out into the lovely gardens and pool, heavenly....the location of the property is great, just out of the main strip so the noise is minimum, we didnt hear any, but it was only 10 min walk to all the clubs and pubs, restaurants etc...brill nightlife...the beach was also just a short stroll away taking 2 mins....restaurant was lovely, we only ate there one night as there are so many others to choose from but the food was nice and breakfast was awesome always something nice and the bread was lovely and fresh...I would def recommend this hotel and if was to go back to Patong would stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 June 2010

This was my second stay at Salathai and will definitely stay here again. Staff are very helpful and friendly, great service. Compared to other hotels I have stayed in, the staff go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable, relaxing holiday. I had a deluxe room by the pool and would choose this again. Standard rooms are located upstairs. Rooms are clean and serviced daily. Breakfast included in the price is buffet and the chef will cook a hot breakfast at no extra cost. Free internet is also a plus. This resort is an oasis in busy Patong. Hotel is quiet and yet close to all ameneties. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queensword
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My partner and I stayed 2 nights at the Salathai on our first trip to Thailand.

It is really great value. The room is fairly basic with 2 singles pushed together (seemed a little hard to begin with but after nights sleep its not something that matters) The bathroom is a wet room, so when u have a shower water ends up all over the floor, but after about 5 minutes it all gone (not like you spend your entire holiday in the shower or bathroom) The pool area is great, and the pool is cleaned regulary. Everyday we got 2 free beers, 2 free lemonades, 2 free water bottles and 2 other free orange softdrinks. They also offer free internet in the lobby.

Overall this is a great palce to stay. Its in the middle of everything that you need, 7-11 across the road, the beach and markets are literally 2 mins walk. Although that it is in the middle of the nightlife and city area we had no noise at night. we stayed on the left hand side level 1.

We ate at the restaurant at our first night and it was good food but more then you will pay anywhere else. I would recomend scruffy murpheys (Irish Pub, Bangla Road) good value food and drinks.

If I was going to Thailand again I will definatly stay here, we loved it. Great service and the staff are always willing to help you out.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chels87
Reviewed 13 May 2010

This is my third vist to the Salathai went with my husband for songkran and spent a week their always have a first floor room as i prefer this,the room is just fine with tv dvd and free mini bar,bathroom is just open shower toilet wash basin all tiled which does the job and all rooms over look the pool which is nice.I know when we were their they had a problem with the pool not being clean and they did sort this and to compensate the guests they held a cocktail party which was all free for the guests which i thought was a lovely idea all drinks and food was free.I think the staff are wonderful i have never had a problem with any aspect of my stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to keep returning their i find the cleaning staff perfectly fine i have left things of value in my room without locking them up and they still have been their on my return.We all had a fantastic time at songkran which included the staff they are like old friends now.This hotel is not a 5star if you are looking for a hotel with impersonnal staff and more top notch luxury this hotel is not for you it is the staff which make this hotel what it is and i cannot praise everybody their enough.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BristolBecks
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Have stayed at other resorts in Patong but loved the Salathai the best so far, what really makes your stay great at a resort is the staff and they were all very helpful and friendly. Great location and the surrounding places around the resort were just what you would want for your holiday. The resort it self is great and other guests staying seem to enjoy it to. So I have no hesitation in recomending Salathai resort as a place to stay while in Patong. I know I will be back thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Dean006
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Stayed here with my parents for a relaxing holiday. My partner and I had our belongings including our money in the Room Safe. My parents also did the same. Two days into our stay we discovered that money had been taken from my parents safe (not all of it - obviously in the hope we wouldnt notice). We had to call the police to the hotel as it was an extensive amount of money. Hotel management were useless. We discovered that the cleaning staff had taken money from other rooms before. However as we couldnt prove it - Hotel Mgt did nothing! Staff have a way of getting into Hotel Room Safes ! Stay Away!

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Water4d10
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed here for two nights but wished we could have stayed longer, the pool was so inviting and the location is close to everything in Patong, but were never disturbed with any noise.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple