“Not the best hotel but def the best location.”

and 1 more site!
Patong Boutique Hotel
Ranked #293 of 412 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Alright, many people talked about bad service. Seriously, we were there for 4 days and had no problem with the service. The lady boss/manager reminds me of a "hip and hot aunty" (that's how we describe it here in Singapore). She might seem cold in the beginning, but once you start by being nice, smile at her and strike simple conversations, she is really friendly! And the cafe staff, who is also the bar tender and the waiter, also smiles greets us warmly every time he sees us. I get the impression that this is a family-run hotel, so don't expect 5-star service, just simple human-to-human interaction, be nice, and they will be nice to you too kinda place.

Hotel/ Rooms
You pay for what you get. This is a 3-star hotel, and the rooms does seem a little rundown, but overall it is clean and kept well. The best thing is the location. It is 10min walk to Jungceylon (Largest mall), 20 metres from the beach, and 5min walk to Bangla street (the main party/food street). We walked down the whole stretch of the beach and checked out the other hotels, this is still the only one with the best location. If you don't mind haggling with the menacing and throat-cutting taxi drivers twice or thrice a day, you can absolutely choose to stay further from the beach, where there are much better rooms at good prices. If you choose to stay at Patong Inn though, you have to get rooms facing the beach (there are only 4, two each on levels 2 & 3), the rest of the hotel is lined up beside the nearby restos/pubs, so it can get noisy at night. Oh extra perk of a beach-facing room, you get to see paragliders landing every 5min.

A good 4d3n can include all these:
Day 1 - visit JungCeylon largest mall there. Check out the scene at Bangla, and the nearby Thai boxing. Everyone knows it's fake, but if you still wanna watch the "show", go for it. Just don't sit on the front row. Sweat galore.

Day 2 - day tours. Koh Phi Phi is rather worn, so if you're up for the longer boat ride, go to Similan! Guess you can catch the FantaSea show, which I think used to be shown only in BKK. If you're not into theatrics but more into action, jet skis and paragliding shops abound on the beach itself. And manicurists, masseurs, the works.

Day 3 - John Grey sea caves canoe. You cannot miss this. It is amazing. Many other local companies have started copying, but it seems only John Grey has the best itinerary and food. Only they do night canoe.

Day 4 - Do some dangerous (ok, not really) stunts at Flying Hanuman. It's quite fun to zip down a 600m rope, at around a kilometre above the trees in the forest?

Eat:
- Sabai Sabai. You won't get any more authentic or better value.

Room Tip: You have to get rooms facing the beach (there are only 4, two each on levels 2 & 3), the rest of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maryyeo

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Location is absolutely aswesome, just a few minutes away from Bangla Road, Scooter-rental in front of hotel and beach on the other side of the road. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had so much fun. Patong Inn is perfect for young travellers who are looking for fun, nightlife and beach-fun throughout the days.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mich_El_Hfr
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I arrived at Patong Inn, and after checking I was at the correct place I was apprached by the receptionist. It was clear from the start that she had no room for me. So when I showed her my booking confirmation which was on my phone as I had no time to print it, she told me it wasn't acceptable as it wasn't in paper form. Although I had already paid for the room. Again I asked if it was the correct place showing her my ticket. She then started shouting at me saying it didn't count as I didn't have a printed confirmation. After a while she then calmed down and looked at my booking again only to realise it was the other Patong Inn not this one. Which is what I had asked her from the start! She was so rude and unhelpful that I am grateful I wasn't staying there. When I made it to my hotel, part of the same group and explained what had happened. The lady here was deeply apologetic about the rudeness and was going to report her.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Freya D
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It is realy center location of the night and day life in Patong. The hotel itself is just average. Rooms are small and a bit used. Be aware it is noisy 24/7 so you have to take part in it or ... The reception knows limited English and wifi is it mostly not available. A nice surprise is coffee at the breakfest - it is good :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanna T
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I stayed at Patong Inn a few weeks ago and was very surprised of my stay.
I joined a few friends there, and didn't know what to expect before arriving and discovering by myself.
After reviewing some comments below, I was not expecting much from this hotel, and actually, my stay there was very positive.
Ok, it is not luxurious, but come on, what do you need when you go to Phuket with some friends, and you spend most of your time outside. As long as you have a nice bed, good aircon and shower.
Right in front of the beach, with friendly, staff, you will find this hotel very convenient.
1700baht / night, rooms are confy. If anything broken, the staff are very easy to talk to and will repare while you are at the beach.
Free wifi in all the room, and housekeeping everyday.
If I would be picky, I would say it can be a bit noisy for the ones who don't want to wake up early. But for the ones who want quite area, you don't go to Patong Beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Henri B
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Please do not stay in this hotel. I have travelled all around the world and stayed in a number of hotels. I had the worst experience of my life at Patong inn. There were ants in the room, the air conditioning was ineffective, the beds were in miserable condition, there was no hot water and the bathroom was stinking in absence of an air freshener or fan. The locker was broken and the door could not be securely locked from inside. To top it all,the boss was the most horrible, quarrelsome woman who shouted at us as if we were beggars. My little kids felt so threatened by her abuses and we felt concerned for our safety. If I hadn't paid the full amount upon arrival and the season was not extremely busy, I would have checked out immediately. The three days that we were forced to stay in this hotel were the worst days of our holidays. My husband and I are both teachers. I am a peace loving person and I usually do not write reviews but my disastrous experience compelled me to warn other people. There are so many other better options available in this area. So please do not spoil your lovely holidays by staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandy V
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel has a great loxcation and is excellent fo budget travalers like us. we stayed for a week and had a great time. the evening staff are great and they have a little bar where you can drink before you start ur night up the famous bangla road.

we took one of the seaview rooms and yes we could see the sea, just through the electric wires that adorn the pilons outside the room. the room was very clean and one night we had a problem with the lectric not coming on but the night staff was kind enough to help us fix it.

for location and budegt this is a one in a million hotels. the only thing that did concern me was sign at receptiopn offering rooms by the hour rate which we all know what that means but hey ho

Room Tip: Top floor seaview room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple