Alright, many people talked about bad service. Seriously, we were there for 4 days and had no problem with the service. The lady boss/manager reminds me of a "hip and hot aunty" (that's how we describe it here in Singapore). She might seem cold in the beginning, but once you start by being nice, smile at her and strike simple conversations, she is really friendly! And the cafe staff, who is also the bar tender and the waiter, also smiles greets us warmly every time he sees us. I get the impression that this is a family-run hotel, so don't expect 5-star service, just simple human-to-human interaction, be nice, and they will be nice to you too kinda place.
You pay for what you get. This is a 3-star hotel, and the rooms does seem a little rundown, but overall it is clean and kept well. The best thing is the location. It is 10min walk to Jungceylon (Largest mall), 20 metres from the beach, and 5min walk to Bangla street (the main party/food street). We walked down the whole stretch of the beach and checked out the other hotels, this is still the only one with the best location. If you don't mind haggling with the menacing and throat-cutting taxi drivers twice or thrice a day, you can absolutely choose to stay further from the beach, where there are much better rooms at good prices. If you choose to stay at Patong Inn though, you have to get rooms facing the beach (there are only 4, two each on levels 2 & 3), the rest of the hotel is lined up beside the nearby restos/pubs, so it can get noisy at night. Oh extra perk of a beach-facing room, you get to see paragliders landing every 5min.
A good 4d3n can include all these:
Day 1 - visit JungCeylon largest mall there. Check out the scene at Bangla, and the nearby Thai boxing. Everyone knows it's fake, but if you still wanna watch the "show", go for it. Just don't sit on the front row. Sweat galore.
Day 2 - day tours. Koh Phi Phi is rather worn, so if you're up for the longer boat ride, go to Similan! Guess you can catch the FantaSea show, which I think used to be shown only in BKK. If you're not into theatrics but more into action, jet skis and paragliding shops abound on the beach itself. And manicurists, masseurs, the works.
Day 3 - John Grey sea caves canoe. You cannot miss this. It is amazing. Many other local companies have started copying, but it seems only John Grey has the best itinerary and food. Only they do night canoe.
Day 4 - Do some dangerous (ok, not really) stunts at Flying Hanuman. It's quite fun to zip down a 600m rope, at around a kilometre above the trees in the forest?
- Sabai Sabai. You won't get any more authentic or better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your hotel on the beach front, cross the road and you are on the beach. 70 Metres from Bangla road, the nightlife center of Patong beach and Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Patong Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Hotel Patong
- Patong Boutique Hotel Phuket