“VALUE FOR MONEY, GOOD HOTEL GOOD SERVICE”

and 1 more site!
Patong Boutique Hotel
Ranked #244 of 405 Patong B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“VALUE FOR MONEY, GOOD HOTEL GOOD SERVICE”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel from mid December to early January. I found the room to be very good, good air con, hot water, cable TV, cleaned everyday. Beach towels available from reception. Internet in lobby. Breakfast was included

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ManyPaths_11

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 March 2010

This place is just across the street/beach. Wifi is not free but they have internet cards for sale. Breakfast is not included in the room. Our room is basic but clean and has airconditioning, cable t.v. and hot water in the bathroom. It is around 5 mins walk to Mc Donalds and there's a lot of travel agencies that can help you with the tours. Generally I would recommend this hotel for budget travellers who just need a basic decent accommodation. Oh by the way the people in the the front desk barely speaks english except for Nat who is on duty at night.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cresil
USA
Reviewed 22 May 2008

A few of many issues: 1) first room I received was not very clean, especially the bathroom, and I don't believe my standards for a clean room are exceptionally high 2) I woke up in the morning and found ants all over the bottom of the bed. When I brought this up to the hotel manager, he didn't want to move me to a new room. He wanted to just change the sheets which was unacceptable. I was finally given a new room, which this time didn't have ants but still wasn't very clean 3) I came back to the hotel after a day trip around 6 in the evening and found the front desk employee had his head on the desk and was sound asleep... this obviously made me quite uncomfortable as all the room keys were on hooks behind him. I tried to say "excuse me, etc." to try to wake him but had no success so I walked behind the desk and got my own key. About an hour later when I left to get dinner, he was still sleeping so I took my key with me. Several hours later when I came home from dinner, I found he moved from the desk to actually sleeping across one of the couches in the lobby!! 4) As if i wasn't completely frustrated, the day before my flight out of Phuket I spoke to a woman at the front desk and asked her to arrange a taxi as I had an early flight. When I arrived downstairs to check out and get the taxi the next day she just said she forgot to do it.... because it was so early in the morning, I didn't have a lot of other options. I could catch a taxi on the street (there were none of course because it was early) or she could arrange something. Since there were no cabs to be found, she arranged a car which was significantly more expensive than the taxi I took from the airport to the hotel. And I had to pay them for the taxi so I'm sure they were making more money on their mistake of not booking me one in advance! I barely made my flight!!! I was lucky they were nice at Thai Air! 5) The hotel required full payment upon arrival.... no where else in Thailand was this the case. Every other hotel I paid upon check out. Needless to say if I hadn't already paid for the dumpy room, I probably would've been looking for other options after my frustrations started there! Patong is lined with hotels, I guarantee you can find a better place than this for the same price! I've relied on TripAdvisor reviews for trips through out the world, but admit that I have been lazy about posting reviews! However, I felt so strongly about this place, I had to warn other people!

• Liked — Leaving the place!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, rude employees!
  • Stayed March 2008
3 Thank Travel-the-World01

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2008

Booked for two nights at the Patong Inn in January 2008 using a website. We also went for the pre-arranged transportation as we were arriving late at eh Phuket airport after a flight from Bangkok. Our private taxi driver was there to greet us as planned even tghout our flight was late arriving. The car, the driver and the drive were great. Our problem occurred when we were brought to a different hotel. Being that it was close to 2:00 AM, when they told us that the Patong Inn was fully booked and that we had to stay here for one night, we didn't have much choice. We confirmed with the manager of the Patong Inn that the story was right and that they would move us to the Patong Inn the next day. At 9:30 AM the next morning we were escorted to the Patong Inn (just around the corner) where we had to wait and wait some more for our room to be ready. Once we got the room we found it to be OK, clean but nothing spectacular. The best thing this hotel has to offer is its location. It is right on the beach front probably in the middle of Patong Beach. Close proximity to bars and restaurants.
When we decided to stay an extra night we were told it was OK but we had to change rooms again. This meant more waiting but by then we were used to it.
The staff who work at the Patong Inn are very friendly and they do their best to accommodate all their guests.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2007

Patong Inn is in a great location, right on the beach and close to everything. It has an unprepossessing entrance through street stalls but once inside the cafe/bar area is cool and quiet, really cold beers, nice breakfasts (yummy Thai rice soup) and a range of other snacks and meals. Rooms on the 2 levels above are clean, nicely decorated and are surprisingly quiet considering the proximity to 'downtown'. After 5 weeks travelling in 3 continents, Patong Inn provided the best beds and pillows, and the quietest airconditioner, of anywhere we'd been! We had a sea view room, and travelled with our 15yo daughter who had the adjoining room. Only about AUD40 a night per room. The beach was nice, lots of activity; highlight was a morning long-tail boat trip to secluded beach.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Wannagoagain08
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2007

The best thing about this hotel is the location, across the road from the beach, 1 minute to Soi Bangla and surrounded by restaurants. The rooms are nothing special, clean and average size, if you are looking for a big room this is not the place.
TV is limited with a few foreign channels, mostly Thai and no movie or sport channel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends