Patong Resort
    K - Hotel(Patong)
    • Pool
    C & N Hotel(Patong)
    1,043 results
    All reviewsbangla roadgarden poolmain buildingfree wifibangla rdroom safedeluxe roomexcellent locationthe breakfast areanight lifejungceylon shopping centrepool staffegg stationground floorshort walk to the beachbuffet breakfastnoodles
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 8 April 2012

We spent 3 weeks here March 2012. The location is great. Short walk to beach, Jung Ceylon, and many restaurants, bars etc. etc. close by. The staff are fantastic. Breakfast very ordinary.Smoking section is located right beside the food!! A safe is in the room but there is a 50 baht per day charge and DON'T lose the key. Free safety deposit boxes are beside reception if you don't mind the inconvenience. The king bed was extremely hard and my neck is still aching from the pillows. The balcony rails are very low and I would not even venture outside on the balcony (5th floor). We've stayed here twice, once in a villa and this time in the main hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Estelle H
    Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights at Patong Resort, Phuket during last week of Mar'12 with my wife and son. Hotel is very well located, just 3 minutes (really) walk to Patong beach. Got a deluxe 3 bedded room with balcony and huge bathroom, closet, mini bar etc. Hotel staffs are very friendly and tried their best to satisfy customer (though English is not that good). It has got 2 big swimming pool, an added benefit, has a good choice of breakfast. There is a big mall, just 10mins walk from the hotel where you will get all kinds of food and beverages. overall we enjoyed our stay and highly recommend others too.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe room and go for swimming pool view. Try to avoid ground floor rooms. I guess there are some sea view rooms too, but will be costly...
    • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

- Great location
    - Efficient housekeeping
    - Tasty room service food

The negatives:
    - Bad maintenance, my toilet didn't work all 3 days and required 1hr's repair everyday, after some 10 calls to the maintenance dept each time. The manager refused to speak to me in spite of trying to reach him repeatedly
    - Lack of English speaking staff is very irritating, even room service does not understand English!
    - Only 1 receptionist understood English at the front desk, so we had to queue up to close our bills
    - The manager in the front desk has a set of 'air hostess' like emotionless phrases 'sorry for the inconvenience' , 'we will surely look into it' , 'thank you' etc for a seasoned traveler this is a total turn off
    - 75% of the dishes are repeated daily for breakfast, it's a real bore
    - No kettle in the room
    - The in room safe is the old 'key' based one
    - The room service closes at 11pm for a place that does not shut till 3am! And the lady at the other end of the line gets pretty annoyed if you manage to put an order in at 10.55pm like I did, she personally came to my room literally dumped the plate on the table and said 'no more order!'
    - None of the room service food comes with any accompaniments (ketchup etc) and trying to make them understand this is a tall order
    - The mattress was real hard

Overall a nice resort but spoilt by the lack of proper maintenance/courteous staff/English speaking staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank indrajitkalidasan
    Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at Patong Resort for 8 nights. The rooms are decent size, mattress was quite hard. Do not lose your keys, otherwise you will pay $50 AUD. They have three 24hrs security guards at all three entrances, so its quite safe.
    The cleaners are nice and I tipped them each time. The breakfast starts from 6.30 to 10.30. Not the best but they have chefs that can cook you nice omelets.
    It is close to Bangla road, the beach and massage lane.

Room Tip: The corner rooms or any rooms from 604 to 610 are good. You can watch a nice sunset from your balcony.
    • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 15 March 2012

Whilst this resort is in the perfect location - central to everything - the resort itself leaves you wanting.

Prior to arrival I emailed and confirmed a non-smoking room. I stipulated this was an absolute must as I suffer asthma. On arrival, the room was full of smoke and the stench was horrid. They wouldn't change our room and the best they offered was to spray the room. I was not happy.

The staff are not fluent in English, so communication is at times frustrating. The resort is old and tired. Our room had a constant flow of cockroaches every day and every night. One night I counted 5 cockroaches in the shower and 3 in the sink with many smaller ones crawling over the bathroom mirror as well as the floor. The final straw for me was when I opened my suitcase and 2 crawled out of it - arrrghhh! The toilet was blocked with an long period of time before a maintenance person fixed it. They airconditioning was broken. We kept the temperature of the airconditioning at 10 degrees the whole time and found that we were still hot and sweating in the room having to sleep with no bedding on us and wearing only a singlet each.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and whilst I will return to Phuket repeatedly in the future, I will not stay in this resort. You are better to spend the extra for a 4 star resort facing the beach (the Merlin or Burasari are wonderful).

Room Tip: Choose a different resort
    • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends