“Very Surprised”
Review of Patong Resort

Patong Resort
Ranked #60 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked this hotel on recommendation after finding an excellent deal on line. Wing 3 is the best in my opinion. We were 2 couples travelling together who requested a premium deluxe room each as they had adjoining balconies. The rooms we wanted were allocated and all ready to unpack when it was found that one of the rooms had an electrical problem. Understanding that we wanted to be close to each other the manager personally upgraded both of us to a beautiful suite with a shared balcony overlooking the pool. It was a magic 8 nights. The pool is much quieter than the other family pool, close to the breakfast area and main reception building. The breakfast choices were the best in our stay in various areas of Thailand. Nothing was a problem, the staff were amazing and very easy to understand. Will return when I am next in Patong. The hotel location was great - in the middle of every area - close to beach, Bangla and Jung Ceylon. Not one complaint.

Room Tip: Wing 3 is quieter but if you have children I would choose a location that overlooks the second, larg...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mog11y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pathatic hotel...Dont waste your money here...Only the good thing about this hotel is the location ...Apart from that there is nothing ....Poor staff only The shift leader the lady was good other wise the hotel staffs are not trained..Poor room condition ...Very old fasiond rooms ...Dont fool your self if you book the hotel by seenig the pictures on the net ....Had booked for 4days but had to check out on the first night.....Patong Beach hotel is far better......

2  Thank Chitrarath B
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Have stayed here many times. Last couple of stays so so, but they have upped their game. No grumpy bum at reception this time. Check in welcoming and friendly. Room not ready upon arrival, but as friends already there, put luggage in their room.Receptionist found me by the pool short time later and gave me my key.
Clean room near my friend on ground floor (premier room). Despite rooms being right near walkway, was very quiet and peaceful.
Everything ok from that point on. Housekeeping staff very helpful when I was downed for a day with tummy bug - very solicitous. Still a very convenient medium priced hotel. It is clear they are trying to improve and respond to constructive criticism.

Room Tip: Premier down in wing by pool best for location and peace.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights in March 2014 and loved it, if your looking for a hotel in the centre of Patong then this is it, less than 5 minutes walk to the shopping centre, beach and Bangla Road. Very clean, great pools and breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the beach have a great view but are a little more noiser.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hammer101
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My first impressions when arriving in Phuket were that it was similar to Bali.....but it's much prettier once your out and about.
The resort was very central....it was situated in a very busy area but felt like an oasis once we had passed the guards to the resort.
There are several entrances to this large complex....one leads to Bangla road...the other to the large shopping center...jungceylon.....and another to the beach.
There are two very distinct buildings to the resort.....the high rise modern building where breakfast is served.....and a lower rise L shaped building....this is where we stayed.
Both wings have large pools.
The gardens are gorgeous....and the whole complex is well maintained.
There is a good mix of tourists.....from all over the world......I didn't feel like I was in little Australia....like I often did in the Bali hotels.
Breakfast was great...so much choice....bar meals adequate.....tasty and good for a meal during the day.
At night we ate out at many different restaurants.....amazing choices and all so tasty.
We took two trips out....booked through our agent....one to phi phi islands and the other a half day trip around the island.....both excellent trips.
We had a fabulous 8 days.....and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Justine C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here in a group of 3 couples, one couple had been a number of times already the other two couples Thailand novices. Our friend previously had been happy here, so we went with their recommendation, although not a favourite on TA. I found it to be ideal for us, very central and easy to return to. How can people complain about the breakfast variety? If you couldn't be satisfied by their selection I don't know what would honestly, you don't eat like that at home. Yes the beds are very firm, I asked to have a mattress topper added and that helped my 10 nights sleep greatly. We enjoyed the pool area and the staff were friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ours was the best of the 3, over looking the garden, smaller pool area, don't get the room next...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janene R
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi have just returned home from having a 2week stay at this hotel again stayed in the main bld on the 6th floor, room was great with cold a/c clean and tidy and everything working good,stayed here in March this year and had no complaints decided to go back and thought I'd stay here again, I had no problems what so ever from checking in to checking out the girls at reception are great to deal with and very friendly, again breakfast suited me with plenty of variety. Value for money this Resort has to be in my opinion very good value, it's location in Patong is close to shopping centre beach and Bangla Rd. Would stay here again .

• Stayed: May 2014