“Best place to stay when in Patong!”

Baipho Boutique Residence Phuket
Ranked #76 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The BAIPHO is a very nice, cosy and comfortable design/boutique style hotel.
The rooms are very nice, interior is hand picked and aven though it´s very stylish it is still warm and welcoming.
The owner Rudy is a great help with whatever problem or question you might have.

Room Tip: TIPP: The STUIDO ROOM on the ground floor or the STUDIO with yacuzzi on the top floor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Excellent communication with booking this hotel.Free airport pick up was spot on,no waiting at all.
Our second time at this hotel, this time we stayed for 29 nights,14 May-12June 2013.Room was Baipho suite,room 9.Consisted of two rooms,large bedroom/large bed,tv/dvd in bedroom.separate lounge area,armchairs,wall mounted smart tv/dvd player,walk in wardrobe,incorporating safe,large fridge,mini bar,tea/coffee.Both rooms fully air con.Shower room was large,incorporating chair,two large wash basins,toilet,curtained off shower area.Balcony looked small,but was'nt, adequately accommodated two chairs,two small tables,with room to spare,and ceiling fan.We dined a few times there with meals from the bar.

The girls who serviced the accommodation were excellent,you went down for breakfast,and when you came back,the room was done.
Bar was well stocked,if something was not there which you wanted,it was there the following day.
I personally found the breakfast more than adequate with a fair choice.
We found all the staff very helpful and friendly at all times

Room Tip: Baipho suite is the biggest room,excellant.
1  Thank Demonozi
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Oftentimes "boutique hotel" is a euphemism for budget motel, but this place is the real deal, immaculately maintained, very artfully designed and decorated, and run by Rudy, a former fashion photographer, and his extremely pleasant staff. I have stayed in other hotels on this beach, from the expensive to the cheap, and this one is far and away the best choice in terms of value. I loved the quietness of the street, and the location, well positioned between Jungceylon mall, a six-minute walk away, and the beach, which can be reached by a short walk down a side street, if you can fight your way past the defensive line of massage girls that will accost you along the way.

The room I stayed in was an Executive Deluxe, (room 8,) and everything was as hoped. The shower had strong hot water, the air con was adequately cold. I especially liked the fact that there was no key card needed to activate power in the room. This allows guests to charge electronic gear when not in the room, which I found very useful. The wifi was reliable and fast.

If I had any critique, it would be that the breakfast was a little on the small side. This was actually fine, as it prevented me from gorging, but hungrier patrons might want to pay for extra items or grab second breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, I highly recommend this place. Paying low-season rates of only around 1000 baht a night, with free pickup at the airport included, this place is a great deal, and a great base from which to enjoy the Patong playground. Many thanks to Lamai and the rest of the staff for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Decided to stay at this boutique hotel with my partner after reading the positive reviews from trip advisor. Suffice to say, we were not disappointed!
It took me a while to figure out that the booking could only be made directly via their website. I filled in a simple form and within a couple of hours had received an email 'offer' and had to reply with a confirmation. Whilst not as seamless as other bookings I have made where confirmation is given on the spot, I was pleasantly surprised to find that we received one nights free accommodation, free breakfast daily (worth 200 Baht per person, per day) and free pick up from the airport (worth 700 baht).
We were greeted at the airport by our driver. When we arrived at the hotel we were given a wet towel and a welcome drink. Cash payment needed to be paid upon arrival, however as we didn't have enough cash, the girls didn't mind that we laid a day later.
Rooms were clean and modern. The bed was huge! The rooms are slightly more dated than the pictures had depicted. However, the condoms located near the mini bar and provocative artwork in the room we stayed in are not family friendly, so I suggest any families ask for rooms without these.
Breakfast was simple - choice of a western or Thai style breakfast. My partner and I found the breakfast to be nice - just don't expect western style portions or anything fancy.
Location was great! A few minutes walk will get you to the main areas in Phuket such as the beach, bars, shopping mall and upmarket massage palours.

Room Tip: The upgrades are definitely worth the extra Baht.
2  Thank Chu_Beee
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Our pre-arranged airport pick up went smoothly and we were soon at Baipho. Unfortunately, our room wasn’t ready and while we waited for a few hours, there was some uncertainty and confusion as to when it would be. Eventually, Rudy arrived and things were quickly organised and we were soon in our room.

The owner Rudy, a Swiss born polygot, is a very pleasant and amiable chap who obviously knows what it takes to run a successful hotel. Well done to him! His female staff are lovely and smiles are never far away.

My wife and I stayed in the studio which is a ground floor “bedsit” type of setup. The room has obviously been created from a former purpose and it shows in its quirky layout but it was comfortable nevertheless. The location, purpose and operation of the various switches, plugs and dials were bewildering and the lack of block-out curtains and a proper bathroom door could bother some but on the other hand our room was very comfortable and the ceiling fans and air-con were most welcome. We very much appreciated the in-room safe.

Baipho is only a moments walk from a busy and boisterous main road but, all things considered, the hotel was remarkably quiet. It will not be everybody’s choice of stay and it is not perfect in every way but it is fascinatingly decorated, clean, very handily located and has lots of personality and charm. So, would we stay there again - definitely, yes.

For those who don’t book ahead, if Baipho is full there are literally hundreds of small hotels in small streets and alleys in the area and most of them look acceptable.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed here in October 2012. The rooms were very nice, with new beds, TV, furniture etc. The staff you also very nice. I would have rated it more but unfortunately the bathroom was the typical Thai household bathroom (not very good) and they charged me for a taxi the night before and then they next morning they said I had to pay again, I so lost $30

Room Tip: Nice boutique hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Really nice stay here for a week in one of the jacuzzi rooms. A huge bed, it could have slept at least three people comfortably and probably has on a number of occasions. The room was really well equipped and as well as the domestically sized tub there is a separate walk in shower cubicle. Breakfast was included and I had absolutely no complaints with its portion size or quality. Location is ok down a dead end Soi only a ten minute walk from the night time delights of Bangla Rd.
Two other aspects worth pointing out are the fabulous king sized hot tubs on the room and a magnificent swimming pool.

I shall return.