“My lil' gem in Patong”

Baipho Boutique Residence Phuket
Ranked #84 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 23 June 2009

As said by the other reviewers, it's certainly the gem among the stones. Huge bed, nice hospitality and excellent homely food!! Their green curry, is to die for!!! None of the place in patong serves the curry like theirs!! Besides the massage girls working at the main street looking fer attention, it's a nice place to stay at as it is located at the central of Patong and just minutes away from the Jungceylon and other street markets and of course, Bangla Road for cheap booze. Stayed there 3 nights and coming back again in 4 days time. :P

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Saintlysinister

Reviewed 23 December 2008

In over 20 years of travelling to and around Thailand this is simply the best accommodation I have ever found. My requirements are for simple, budget luxury with a swimming pool and this fits the bill. I note the other comments that say "no pool" but I've stayed there 3 times in the last 18 months and thoroughly enjoy the swimming pool. Rudy, the owner, has a reciprocal deal to use the hotel's pool across the road and it is a fine pool.
The hotel itself is located within very easy walk of the centre of Patong and once you find the route the beach is 500 metres away.
Meals: if you are going to Thailand you should not be planning to eat many meals in your hotel - the experiences available outside of your accommodation are one main reason for going there! Breakfast would be fruit on the beach, lunch an experiment into soups and noodles and dinner will take a lifetime to explain (just don't get stuck in the tourist restaurants!!) That said the food at the Baipho is fine.
The rooms are very well appointed, with exceptionally well thought out designs by Rudy. Out of all the little details - LCD TV, DVD player, room safe, powerful showers.....my favourite detail is Rudy's choice of efficient air conditioning - with a silent running option for the nights you need to leave it running but don't want to hear it.
I have recommended this hotel to many friends and have assisted them to book it. They all say the same thing: Rudy has had a fantastic concept and had the business acumen to make it real.
I'm going back in February!
Andy

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank KhunAndy
Reviewed 30 November 2008

I had stay there for 2 nights and I would said very cents is worth it.If you have a buget but will like to stay in a beautiful and tastefully done up place in the heart of Patong.This is where you should go.A very city like hotel not the resort kind.I had book a Jazzcui room and for S$120 per night.You get a huge tv infront of the Jazzcui in a air con room,very pampering!Another huge tv infront of the super huge bed!However there is not much programme in the thai Tv channel you can just buy DVD for 50bath.Breakfast is lousy so just skip it..Pls do note that there is no swimming pool.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vivi2009
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We stayed at the Baipho hotel for the first three nights. We never booked anymore accommodation as we just wanted to show up and figure out what we wanted to do. basically did not want to show up and feel as if we had to stay if we didn't like it! But let me tell you.. BEST CHOICE WE MADE WAS to STAY AT THE BAIPHO besides booking our trip to Thailand. I had looked at a lot of options for accommodation in Patong but it all looked so cookie cutter. I wanted to stay somewhere close to Banghla road were the service was personalized and the hotel room was not your average room. Baipho had it. It was absolutely unreal. The bed was massive (bigger then king size!!) and room not like a hotel room at all. Hard word floors... beautiful deco and quiet air con!The hotel itself It is fairly small about 20 rooms.. all up including baithong.
The girls that work there get to know you and they are so sweet. make you laugh and are always so cheeky! The owner Rudy was such a wonderful guy. He speaks English and was always eager to offer any advice or sit down and have a drink with you. I was truly sad when we left. Downstairs is the bar and kitchen (I miss my cook) all open and airy and such a great feel to it. free Internet, so no such thing as paying.. its got wireless in the room as well. for free. breakfast is complimentary and they have western or Thai breakfast. After seeing the room and staying there for three nights we decided to book the rest of our stay there. We were that happy.

No pool but across the lane you are welcome to use their pool which is massive and not crowded at all. (drink service too)

To be completly honest had a look at the website and thought so what is the catch?? very pleased to report.. There is no catch just a brilliant little place owned by a great guy rudy. (who employs the nicest girls)

Check it out!

Tams.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thailandtams
Reviewed 6 May 2008

This was our first time to phuket and with so many hotel to choose from the decision was hard.
We came across the baipho , purely by accident in the bali forum where someone had made a boo boo , but I thought I'd have a look at it anyway and I am so glad I did .
We booked directly with the hotel and chose the Jacuzzi room since there wasn't a pool in the hotel ..... but you can use the pool in the hotel across the alleyway .
The hotel is tucked away up an ally way off Rat-U-Tit 200 Pee Road , this area was quit which was what I wanted , I didn't want to hear bands playing into the wee hours of the morning .
Its just a short walk from bangla rd , no taxis or tuk tuks needed for this hotel .
Since we arrived early in the morning , it was as expected , our room was not ready , but the staff gladly gave us another room to put our luggage in and to have a long awaited shower. later when we returned to the hotel after a walk around , the staff had moved our luggage into the Jacuzzi room for us and it was all ready to go .
The Jacuzzi room has , naturally a Jacuzzi , built for 2 with a flatscreen TV on the wall to watch while your getting massaged away ...lol , it's in a separate room , like a bathroom but without a door off the room with the bed, while the room itself has the hugest bed I have ever seen , i'm sure it was more than 7ft wide ..... I did ask the girl at reception when we were checking out , to post that bed to my house ....but she wouldn't be in it ...oh well I tried !
Then you have another bathroom with shower , toilet basin and dressing room , off to the otherside of the room .
the aircon worked tremendously , so much that we had to turn it down at night cause it was so cold .....just what I like !
the windows had beautifully painted wooden sliding shutters on the inside , to keep out noise and light .
the staff where always happy and accommodating & eager to please .
Breakfast was no huge smorgasbord , but bacon , eggs , any style , toast and jam and coffee which was sufficient .
I am certain when i return that i will again stay at this hotel , we loved it , price was reasonable at AU$95 a night and that was high season, the place is small , but so much more personal than those huge resorts !

would i recomend this to my best frien ....YOU BET I WOULD !

I have added some photos in my profile if you would like to have a look .

cheers
batt

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank battling
Reviewed 15 January 2008

We arrived after a flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket, transfer is very quick about 30 mins. Arrived at hotel and check-in was very smooth. Room was very nice a good size, very clean and tastefully done only gripe would be no air con in bathroom so it got v v hot.

Hotel is very small so facilities are limited. Breakfast was a bit poor only choice of eggs and toast done 3 ways! As a result we tended to go out for breakfast instead.

Area is very built up so be prepared, would not recommend if you want quiet tranquility. We were dissappointed by the area as didnt realise it would be this busy. Patong beach itself in our opinion is spoilt its a mass of people, sun loungers and westernised restaurants. We took a tuk tuk each day to Singh beach which is about 20 mins away and was a lovely secluded beach that wasnt very busy with very clean and clear water. Personally we wouldnt return here because we really didnt like the area but the hotel was nice so would recommend if you like this area.

Patong has more than enough bars and restaurants for everyone. There is a very good mexican (cant remember the name) down a side road that we thought served the best mexican weve had. Also enjoyed the margaritas at the Coyote bar altho a little pricey for thailand. There is a good mall just 3 mins walk away that has a great place called The Cream and Fudge Factory where they sell the best icecream ive probably ever tasted.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank monsey-moo
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all of your written advice on Thailand travel. It was my first time in Thailand, and your scam alerts and information on local do's and don'ts was really helpful. With all the generous input, I thought I'd contribute my own review of a wonderful hotel I stayed at in Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand. The name of the hotel is Baipho, which is a small boutique-style hotel 5 minutes walking distance from the beach, the department store Jungecolyn(spelling), and Bangla Road. If you check their website, you can tell that a lot of care was taken in the decor of the place. The rooms were beautiful with hard wood floors, and the biggest beds I have ever seen. But it wasn't the beauty of this little gem that has me already thinking about booking my next stay at this hotel next year, it was the service and pleasant staff. If you are aware of the tragic plane crash in Phuket on Sep. 16th, it had a great impact on many tourists' travel plans surrounding that date. I myself was lucky that they reopened the airport and though a bit delayed, arrived in Phuket on Monday, the 17th. Due to the crash, the Baipho had many guests that had to stay a few extra days, and my room was unavailable. This would have upset me, but the owner came and greeted me directly, drove me personally to a nearby hotel and took care of my accomodations! He then came and picked me up the next day, and upgraded my room for the rest of my stay. The room was in the Baithong, which is the new expansion of the hotel, which had just opened 10 or so days before my stay. As I did not speak Thai and had some difficulty making hotel and plane reservations for the next leg of my trip, the English-speaking staff was readily available to help me straighten things out. The hotel itself does not have its' own pool, but has an arrangement to use the hotel pool at the Montana Grand Phuket, which is right next door and less than a 10 second walk. I had a few days in Phuket in which I had not set up a hotel reservation, but after a few days spending time at the Baithong, I booked the rest of my stay there. My room in Baithong was unavailable during that time, so I ended up staying in the Baipho, which was similarly beautiful and exactly as shown on their website. The one difference that I noticed was my room in the Baipho had a ceiling fan in addition to the air conditioner, which was really not necessary as the air conditioning by itself was more than adequate. Oh, and if you like Thai massage, the Bali Hai located on the 15th floor of the Montana Grand Phuket has a wonderful view and amazing therapists. Again, thank you all for your wonderful advice, and I hope this is helpful to future travellers to Patong Beach, Phuket Thailand.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo