I want to preface this by saying I am by no means a strict, pretentious or high maintenance guest and have myself worked in hotels and empathise with the work and environment.
I had high expectations from both reviews and photos/online promotion and marketing. Received a discount through work and at the end of my trip was left feeling quite sorry for anyone who payed full rates for the hotel.
Room was nice and clean (the day we arrived) however with each day we stayed the room deteriorated...It seems as though housekeeping made the bed and thats it. No mini bar stock up, no tea/coffee/sugar replacement and sometimes no soap or shampoo replacements and when they did they left empty ones about, a couple of times bins were not emptied and floors not swept or mopped.
Another issue with the room was that things seemed to be quite old and rickety, furniture deteriorated and shower pressure and heat quite sporadic. The shower itself was very tiny and quite grimy and grubby from day one. Also, the sound proofing is non existent in the hotel with conversations and noise heard all through the corridor at all hours of the night.
Room service food was quite average and I would recommend going outside for cheaper and nicer food. Breakfast was okay, although some things were barley warm.. my tip would be to get a fresh made omelette or scrambled eggs.
The staff were overall quite nice and service was good albeit slow at times (room service etc). Also when we decided to extend our trip the hotel could not make the booking and allow us to stay in our room so we had to check out and check back in a few hours later. A little frustrating but we found things to do in the meantime.
It was a fair walk to Patong Beach and Bangla Road which we did not mind but if you have small children or don't want to walk as far to the main attractions then maybe stay somewhere closer along the beach.
The pool and pool bar were a saving grace for this hotel but probably even they were brought down due to the lacklustre hotel.
My advice would be that if you can afford to or know of any other hotels at a similar price to stay there. We will most likely be staying somewhere else the next time we visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong