The Mercure Patong Phuket is aesthetically very attractive, simple decor, great pool. However, the beds were as hard as rocks, so my boyfriend and I spent the nights tossing and turning and woke with aching backs and hips. Additionally, the rooms had a very musty smell to them that did not go away with constant air conditioning (we left a room key in the room so that the air conditioner would stay on even when we were out).
The location was fine. It's close enough to the beach and to the Jungcelon. I found it strange that the staff wouldn't call a taxi or tuk tuk for us even in the pouring rain so we had to walk down to the curb to hail our own (overpriced) cab. That being said, I liked being away from the center of things as I found the Patong atmosphere with the creepy Western men with their teenaged Thai "girlfriends" rather unpalatable.
This place also was guilty of nickel and diming. Internet access was 800B/day, more than even the most expensive hotels in the US. They charged me extra on top of my room fee to use my credit card to pay (this I have never seen in a major hotel branch), and again, to hail a cab to the airport, they would charge me 950B when I could walk down to the curb and get a cab to the airport for 500B.
After this experience, I don't think I'll be staying at an Accor group hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location in central Patong City and only steps away from world-famous Patong beach, shopping center, night market, and Phuket 's bustling nightlife. Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong brings its distinctive style and contemporary lightness to the otherwise down-to-earth in Patong. With 249 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, Orientala Wellness Spa treatments, offbeat dining experience of an original Thai & International Cuisine at the Phuket Cafe in Patong area, astronomical-themed leisure activities and hi-tech meeting & seminar facilities, the Hotel is a highlight in itself - and a must-stay for individuals, couples, families and business travelers on vacation in Phuket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Patong Phuket Hotel Patong
- Accor Patong Phuket
- Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong