“Clean place and staff were nice and friendly.”
Review of Sun Hill Hotel

Sun Hill Hotel
Ranked #113 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were here last Feb for about 2 weeks of stay. It was nice and relaxing since it's far from busy street of patong/phuket where all the parties and noise are. They do have a nice pool. We were lucky to get a room next to it. Breakfast is decent and complete with drinks and fruits. It's like 10-15 mins walk to the beach. All in all, we're glad we chose to stay on this place and be willing to stay here again on our next visit.

Oh I almost forgot, they do have the friendliest and wonderful stuff too.

Cheers!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel on the basis of the reviews on trip advisor. Whilst I would agree with some of the negative comments of some, I feel that the great hospitality offered by the hotel staff overcomes these. Yes the hotel is situated up a steep hill that has no footpaths, Yes it is a long walk to a not so nice beach, Yes, the taxis are very pricey when compared to other parts of Thailand. The rooms were quite spacious, very clean, as was the entire hotel. The staff were exceptional and nothing was too much trouble and they were very helpful in booking tours and taxis. The breakfast was adequate, but unremarkable, however the restaurant served very good food at very reasonable prices. We did not particularly like Patong - the beach was dirty and unappealing, the bars that were everywhere gave the area a sleazy look. The JungCeylon shopping centre was a civilized oasis in a somewhat grubby area. We took a taxi to the southern beaches of Kata and Karon and saw quite a different sight - clean white sand beaches, footpaths and a huge range of accommodation available. i would suggest that these are nicer places to stay if the party scene is not your thing.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor overlooking the pool. The morning sun made the room hot and lack of sheer...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chefAussie
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to Thailand 3 times and definitely worst hotel I've been to.

Breakfast offered was subpar compared to what is offered at most Thai hotels.I was really disappointed.

The worst bit was me and my boyfriend had an early trip planned so they said they would organise sandwiches for breakfast. We arrived home at 2am the night before and the sandwiches were at the reception counter with a huge line of ants crawling all over the sandwiches. We were shocked when the reception asked us to take them and they didn't understand why we were asking for fresh ones.. finally they agreed so we went to bed and when we woke up and went to reception.. there were 6 sandwiches (for other guests as well as our own) full of ants! Then they told us there was nothing they could do!

The location is really far and most taxi drivers have no idea where it is. It is up the hill with nothing close by. My partner and I wanted to go wondering but there was nothing to see. You would be better to find something closer to the beach.

The rooms were really standard and dated.. not the best for families or romantic getaways.

You can honestly get better hotels for better rates. I have traveled to 22 different countries and never been so disappointed in a hotel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Lisjasmine
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you want a quite and gentle hotel just 3 minutes from the funniest place in Phuket, go in the Sun Hill Hotel: you will be happy for the choice.
The staff is very professional and gentle. 24h service is Always guaranteed and motorbike at disposal with local motorbike price.

Room Tip: If you want a quite and gentle hotel just 3 minutes from the funniest place in Phuket, go in the Su...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniele W
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed with friends for 5 nights during the first week in June. The three rooms booked were very clean, well equipped and excellent value for money. During our stay the staff were very friendly, caring and helpful, which added to the enjoyment of the holiday. The hotel is in a very good location, within walking distance of the beach for most able people, yet in a quiet area where you can sleep without noise or disturbance. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday at Sun Hill and would have no hesitation in returning. We will also be recommending the hotel to friends and family alike. Well done to Roman and all his loyal staff for making this such a great holiday for us all !

Room Tip: Studio Rooms and Suite Rooms are particularly well equipped and excellent value.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After hearing nothing but bad things about Phuket, we were expecting a dump but arrived to a lovely place!
The staff are really friendly and are keen to help, very accommodating. The room we stayed in was wonderful, on the bottom floor and next to the pool so I could walk out to the pool which was really nice. I can't stress how clean the room was, the towels and sheets squeaked because they were so clean! The air con was powerful, which was a relief.
The pool was lovely, didnt visit the spa or fitness centre.
The restaurant is a bit expensive (compared to food in the town) but that is expected, although the Massaman and Green curry was the best I had in Thailand, and I had plenty! The breakfast is really good as well, so don't hesitate to opt for the breakfast for one because it was very nice and filling.
It's a 10 minute walk from the beach and the strip etc and 2 min walk from local shops and bike rental.
A great stay in general.

Room Tip: 211, 212, 213 and 214 are the best basic rooms (exit to the pool, bottom floor)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuannaCoelho
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This year I stayed at Sun Hill Hotel at Patong Beach during all month of March again. Based on the positive experience I had at this hotel last year in March, I had no doubt in selection of hotel this year. Once again the Sun Hill staff, management and the hotel itself surpassed my expectations of a hotel in this price range. Everything about my stay was perfect and Sun Hill Hotel truly represents great value for money, family like atmosphere and quality that surpasses any other Phuket hotel in this category. I would recommend this hotel to anybody in a heartbeat and without a doubt return as a guest soon again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends