“Look for other hotels!”

Ranked #264 of 321 Hotels in Patong
Brooklyn Heights, New York, United States
“Look for other hotels!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The only good thing about our stay in Phuket was the incredible tours to the surrounding islands. The hotel is very close to Patong. And sure it can be interesting to experience the nightlife there but I found Patong to be too touristy, very dirty and kind of disturbing for my taste. It is fun for one night and one night only. The hotel is surrounded with uninviting restaurants and bad food. Our room was unappealing and not the cleanest I've seen. Our purpose for staying at this hotel was only for sleeping as you are pretty much out the whole day. But the room was too uninviting for a good night sleep. Oh and the breakfast was horrible. FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siiisiii

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2013

If you have anymore than 2 people in a room, dont stay here. The rooms are tiny, the shower is cold and you dont get any water pressure. Everything is very old. It is very noisy all hours of the day and night. Buffet breakfast is a joke, its cold and you have no variety. The staff is friendly and the location is not too bad. If you pay cheap, you most certainly get cheap. A backpackers would be better than this.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the road side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank reynolds604

Travellers are raving about these Patong hotels

Edgewater, Colorado
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

We were booked at this hotel by and agency telling use it was a 3 star hotel. Ha a huge joke this place was horrible, dirty, run down the pool was gross. If anyone ever offers this hotel to you run away fast. This is Thailand so of course you can't expect much but for $50 usd less you can stay at a brand new Holiday Inn Express just down the street and closer to Patong beach. Stay away from this place and with resort in the name it can really be misleading.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Hotelwho
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

Firstly I am surprised at some of the very negative reviews. Its a small hotel rather than a resort. It is fairly close to the beach. Lets say the breakfast is just okay. We got the top floor which meant we had to climb the stairs each time, no elevator. The gym is a bit of a joke only two bikes. The pool is not big and was a bit cloudy when we were there. The rooms were nothing to be impressed with but not bad. The bed was very firm. The bath was average to say the least. Disappointing that there was not hot water in the hand basin, that sucked for shaving and washing your face. On the outside it is quite a pretty hotel but inside the story is different. I give it 4/10. Better hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank PetePM
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Had a good time in the pool prices of the hotel is very high against the standard, aircon was not working well and the breakfast was just a waist of time, but right outside the hotel a restaurant market opens in the evening, this is fabulous fresh live seafood to choose from even had shark for dinner

Room Tip: Bottom rooms near pool ( the only good ones )
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brimilda K
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Finally getting around to reviewing this hotel and I am shocked to see how badly is has been reviewed. We stayed here in February 2012, and I would have never stayed anywhere which was rated so badly. I have added my review which I wrote for the website we booked through.

To be honest, we found it okay, if not basic. The pool was nice, the hotel was in a convenient location for the beach and bangla road, and the staff were really helpful. the room was a good size (we were upgraded to a deluxe room when they saw i was pregnant, to give me a bath in the room, which was appreciated). there was a great choice of tv channels in the room was well, which was unexpected. negatives: we had ants in the room the first day but mentioned it to the desk and didn't seem them again. The tap in the bathroom was also very loose, but again, we mentioned it, and it was fixed. the shower/bath was also leaking and leaked through the wall to next to the bed. mentioned this, but it wasn't fixed, we had to keep towels on the floor next to the wall to soak up any water. Other than that the room was fine. They have an inhouse travel agent, who is worth booking through if you want to do any excursions. We wanted to book one particular one which was unavailable, so the agent got us on a similar, much more expensive one, for the same price as the one we wanted (saving about 800 baht each), because I was pregnant and she wanted to make sure I was on an excursion which was suitable for me. Really helpful.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I'd probably stay again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha S
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Patong Premier Resort seemed a really good deal when booking up online.
I booked 9 nights for $32AUD per night.
Day one I had room 101 overlooking he pool. First impressions was this mus be good, howevever. Upon inspection of the room the bed linen and towels where satifactory with complimentary beach towels. Then..... the toilet seat was broken, there was no hot water from either the shower or the bathroom sink. The next day I was moved rooms due to the hot water not working.
My new room was same layout poolside. The hot water now worked in the shower but not at the sink. Cold shaves yuck...I looked under the sink to see that no water pipe is connected from a hot water source. The floorboards were sinking into the ground when walked upon and this could easily been viewed as a hazard. Also have to mention rooms at the pool location are terrible for mosquitoes.
The male staff were always helpful and took time to talk to you. Reaching the end of my 9 days I needed to extend my stay for a further 4 nights due to dental work. I notified the reception and the girl offered me the same room for double the price (1900) bht/night of what I had already payed. I explained to her what I had previously paid but she was not interested and suggested I look for alternative accomodation as there are lots of places close by.

I honestly thought the girl was rude and could have offered something for me. On check out day I moved next door to the Boomerang hotel. $500/night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo