Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Amari Phuket(Patong)
US$177
US$170
Amari.com
The KEE Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$96
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$128
Patong Paragon Resort & Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$48
Agoda.com
Diamond Cliff Resort and Spa(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$104
Andaman Beach Suites Hotel(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$50
Agoda.com
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$134
US$157
US$141
Marriott Hotels
US$145
The Little Moon Residence(Patong)(Great Value!)
US$14
US$12
  • Bar/Lounge
1,829 results
All reviewslakeside wingcabana roomshopping centrebeach sideprivate jacuzzibangla roadgrand deluxe roomdirect accessseafood buffetbig cswimming poolnight lifepool staffbangla rdwelcome drinkwalking streethotel is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Before I start my review, I must first and foremost clarify that this experience is relative to my expectations and wants. You do not have have to agree.

Also, I have stayed at Holiday Inn Phuket before, which was amazing in comparison, and makes this hotel even more pathetic when compared to its competitors.

With respect to my expectations and wants/needs, I present the FACTS (not opinions) of the hotel which failed miserably. I stayed in a Superior Room in the Lakeside Wing.

1. No Bathtub.
I just finished a solo backpacking trip in Ho Chi Minh and a short shopping trip in Bangkok before I finished at Phuket to unwind. Imagine the shock when I stepped into the room and found no bathtub. Even the cheap Bangkok hotel I stayed in had a bathtub. All my plans to soak and unwind went down the drain.

2. No WiFi.
I PAID for the internet, and the package description reads "Unlimted Internet Access throughout the Resort". First of all, the reception gave me no information whatsoever with regards to my PAID WiFi (More on the service later). Fine, I'm rather techsavy; I can figure all that out. I scrolled through the available WiFi and found nothing that remotely resemebled something I could access. I asked the porter who brought my bags in and he replied, "Oh! No WiFi, got cable." and proceeded to fish a LAN cable from the drawer. I was really irritated by then and this simply means that I do not have Internet Access THROUGHOUT the Resort. I did find out that they have WiFi at the Lobby area, but my main usage was in the room.
Fine again, I proceeded to slump into my bed to use my laptop. The saving grace was that the cable was long enough. BUT, the LAN cable did not have the clip which holds the cable in the port and the cable kept slipping out as I was using it on the bed. Now that was ultimately irritating.

3. No view (which was fine) but view for others
The receptionist informed me (apologetically) that there was no view, which I am rather fine by. But when I went to my room, I realised that it oversaw a multi-storey carpark. And there was someone right at the top who could look directly into my room. Needless to say, I left the curtains drawn throughout my stay. Might as well have built no windows at all.

4. Ants.
I left an empty glass (which had held juice) on the dresser overnight and by the next morning, it was a happy little bathtub for a group of ants. Sure, I probably should have washed it, but hey, I'm on holiday. And this simply means that there is probably an ant nest somewhere around in the room. Not good news for people who likes to snack.

And finally, let's move away from the facts and throw in my opinions. Unfortunately for them, I experienced world class service at Holiday Inn and as a result, theirs pale in comparison. Sure, there was the occassional smile and all, but I did not feel the same warmth and welcome I got from Holiday Inn. The breakfast was rather disappointing too (my opinion). I believe I have written enough to show how poor my experience was. I am not going to bother to provide any saving grace as I don't believe there was any.

The overall experience was frustrating and poor.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank liangfa
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay and thus made it less memorable than was expected.

The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times. These feedbacks have helped us tremendously in ensuring they are rectified with the respective departments and improvements are in place to nullify these shortcomings.

Yours truly

Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel when it first opened we really enjoyed it.To be so close to the main shopping centre but not right on top of the bars made it most suitable to us. We are returning in september and bringing another couple with us we wanted to book direct to the hotel so used their "reservations" email but even though i have written twice i still have had no response so i am wondering if their customer service has deteriorated. has anyone else had this problem

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank auski5
MillenniumManagement, The Management at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Dear auski5,

Could you kindly verify your full name and e-mail address that you’ve sent to us please?
So, we could track and respond back to you.

We are looking forward to your favorable reply.

Kind regards,
The Management

Reviewed 17 June 2011

First thing they need to find the architect who designed the room washrooms and fire him or her . The bathroom/ toilet offers absolutely no privacy to the person inside or outside ( depends which way you look at it ) , there is only blind which separates the bathroom from the main room. The one and only wash basin is in the room itself next to the minibar and very inconvenient.
Location of the Hotel is great ( although about 10 minutes walk to the nearest beach) and right on the doorsteps of hustle and bustle of Patong, including the famous Soi Bangla road !!
The Hotel has 2 wings , named Beachside and Lakeside ( these are only names as there is neither a beach or lake close by). Beachside wing is closer to the night life and hence more noisy , the lakeside wing is more calm and quiet .
The Hotel is part of a big shopping center,Jung Ceylon and this is great as you have immediate access to many wonderful restaurants, massage , spas, supermarket( for your room provisions) .

Room Tip: Lakeside wing is quieter !!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Travelerash8788
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong

Yours truly

Reviewed 15 June 2011

We booked a Deluxe Room in the Lakeside part of the hotel. We were on level 4 which is the same level as the pool. The room was fantastic, huge bath and separate shower. The basin is located outside of the bathroom, but this was no problem - just quirky. Always clean, and the bed... omg, if I could have fit it in my suitcase I would have. Best bed I have ever slept in. The staff were fantastic and helpful. I had my birthday whilst in Phuket, and the hotel arranged for a birthday cake to be sent to my room - what a pleasant surprise!!! We also had a balcony, no view but who is there to sit on a balcony all day?? Had a clothes airer outside so we could dry off wet bathers etc. From the ground floor is the entry to Jung Ceylon very convenient. The location of the hotel couldn't be better - just a short walk to Bangla Road. Particular mention should go to Dome who works poolside... remembers your name, room number and even what you were drinking last time!! Very friendly and pleasant staff member, who couldn't do enough for you. I must also say that the Pina Coladas they make poolside (Lakeside pool) are fantastic!!! Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room 1402 - same level as the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JuniePerth
MillenniumManagement, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Millennium Resort Patong experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket !

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2011

After much deliberation on which hotel to stay in, we decided to go with the Millennium Resort. We were happy with everything we had seen on-line & the negatives which we read were only minor events.

We we greeted with a complimentary drink (Mojito minus the booze) and a warm welcome during our check in, the bags were taken care of and the drink went down a treat.

We had booked the Cabana room on the Lakeside & can confidently say that it did not disappoint, the room was spacious, modern & spotless. The additional touches from the hotel i.e additional drink once in the room (as well as greeting drink), free water daily, toiletries and the selection of complimentary knick knacks (comb, tooth brush, floss, etc...)

The Cabana room has its own private patio area & jacuzzi, that was spacious yet cosy, it was quite private as well. we were able to use this and also swim into the main pool, and sunbathe on the main loungers if we wanted. the staff at this pool were helpful and we had lunch there a few times, this was also lovely. i would recommend the fruit shakes and cocktails!

The location is excellent and is a 5 minute walk to the beach and the main Bang-La road. There are lots of Thai restaurants to chose from but there are also plenty of European restaurants as well.

All the staff at the hotel are very helpful, we went on a few trips and they were on the ball at the reception to ensure we were collected on time even calling one of the tour operators for us before we even had to ask.

we managed to look into one of the standard rooms as it was being cleaned and it was as nice, the view was average and the room was small!

All in all I think it is an excellent hotel, and would recommend it to anyone!
Although they do charge for the internet which is ridiculous in this day and age

Room Tip: Book the Cabana room on the lakeside
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple