“Millennium hotel review”

Ranked #35 of 322 Hotels in Patong
A TripAdvisor Member
“Millennium hotel review”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

For this quality hotel to not have free Wifi is a joke, considering the price of the hotel. I have stayed in 3 star hotels that had free Wifi! VAT and service charges when ordering poolside drinks and food is also a joke, your not offering anything extra special for this that I wasn't getting in 3 star hotels without all these extra charges and the pools were just as big if not bigger and the staff were just as friendly if not more so. I was on the nightclub side of the lakeside building so had to listen to the nightclub 40 metres away droning on till 4 am. If I wanted that I would have stayed on bangla road. Bathroom towels were thin so you guys are saving money there but you forgot about putting thin towels on for the pool as well, you can fleece, I mean save money there for yourselves. Breakfast was reasonable and staff were friendly, guest policy is another way to fleece even when already paid for two people. Make of this what you like.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Millennium M, Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear A TripAdvisor Member ,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. We regret that some of these factors had inconvenienced you during your stay and thus made it less memorable than was expected. You will be glad to know that we have addressed these issues with the respective Departments and that there will be improvements in the areas you had mentioned.

The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times. Your feedback have helped us tremendously in ensuring they are rectified with the respective departments and improvements are in place to nullify these shortcomings.

Acting General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Was in Phuket Aug 2011 and stayed at this hotel for about 3 nights.
Location is just great as it's within walking distance to the awesome Patong Beach.
Hotel is also connected to a great shopping mall and if you love to shop, this will be the hotel for you. Massage service at the basement was cheap and good.

There is also a market around the hotel - day and night market. You'll be able to get some Thai street food there in the evening.

Service at the hotel was great, especially the banquet/ catering staffs (Jay and his team) who were working on our meetings. They even told us where to go when I asked for a good seafood restaurant that Thais go... and not touristy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hkghkg
Dear hkghkg,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your Millennium Resort Patong experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Phuket!

Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Wonderful world class standard in hospitality..smacked in the middle of patong..staff were great..gave us a personalized greeting letter n a burfday cake given for free..nice pool and spacious room.. I will definitely return here..to the staff..two thumbs up for you guys..

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Hermanshah
Dear Hermanshah

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 March 2012

--- GENERIC MUST-HAVES FOR HOTEL ---

Upon arrival, the concierge and receptionists were generally welcoming in the Thai fashion. That was a warm welcome indeed.

I stayed in the Cabana Room for 3 nights and it's very accessible to get to the pool [and jacuzzi] with just a few steps out the sliding doors.

The Cabana Room was bigger and better than what I had expected except for the privacy part which I've highlighted below. The staff were very accommodating and warm. The basic necessities in hotel rooms are there - power adapters, room amenities (fruits and a welcome note from the manager) and even extra bottled juice amenities that I was delightful to receive. Other areas of the room was cosy and within reach such as safe to lock my valuables in and extra space for my bags. Even the electronics such as the A/C thermostat works.

In short, all physical aspects of how a hotel room should look like was there.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

--- AREAS THAT NEED IMPROVEMENTS ---

But what it lacks is privacy on both my part and other guests' especially with sun beds laid out directly across the pool.

On my side, I have to draw the curtains in order to change and, on the hand, other guests might feel a little uneasy with guests [in these cabana rooms] looking out across the pool as they lay down in the sun beds. Though I suppose this might be a European concept that I may not be familiar with, nevertheless, this is one point that you may or may not choose to ignore.

Another aspect is the relaying of information that's crucial especially in a high-end hotel such as this. I work in the hotel industry myself and therefore I understand the need for consistencies and providing excellent service to guests.

One area of this is the information that was highlighted online pertaining to guest reservations. When I booked my rooms, I was informed [during the reservation stage] that whatever was stated in the website would reflect the types of facilities that I would be getting. Instead, they contradicted the so-called "promise" as given in the website.

For instance, guests staying in the cabana rooms were supposedly given complimentary Internet access as well as the inclusion of breakfasts. But upon checking-in, I was shocked to find out that breakfast was not included and the Internet access is chargeable.

Now, I could easily forgo these contradictions since the Internet is one of today's essential technological components and I could simply order my breakfast via In-Room Dining; of which I do not mind paying a little extra. But what I do mind is the inconsistencies and erred information that organizations promise the guests/customers in the first place. That could have easily break the clients' trust even anywhere else.

On the subject of consistencies [or lack thereof], my breakfasts were less to be desired in terms of quality and amount. I ordered American Breakfasts on the first-two mornings and the coffees (on both days) were served bare in the open cup. Now, having worked in Room Service myself, quality is one major element that is not to be compromised. I mean you do not pour the coffee straight into the cup especially for Room Service orders lest the beverage turns cold. And the juice on both days were of different amounts; the first breakfast was in a rock-glass while the second was served in a hi-ball. I mean any man on the street would see that this is a major rip-off.

Thus, these are the areas that the resort truly needs to look into.

Nevertheless, despite its flaws (that hopefully the hotel would seriously look in), the resort is a good place to stay. It is indeed an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Patong Phuket.

While it lacks in value in terms of consistencies and the relaying of accurate information, it does compensate in all other human aspects.

Room Tip: The only thing I could advice is to double-confirm the facilities and amenities as promised in the w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Solo_Observer
Dear Solo_Observer,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding our location, employees and overall ambiance. The hotel has and always will ensure that the well being of our guests remain our utmost priority, and we would once again like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service standards remains paramount at all times.

Jamal Sidik,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for our final days in Phuket as a treat for my partner to celebrate our engagement. Splashed out on a Cabana room which had its own private spa area. Those whom hate the heat during the day, you can stay here which is connected to the shopping mall meaning your rarely away from air conditioning. Thank you Mr Kittikhun Songprasert and reception staff for allowing us the privilege to take some pre-wedding photos at your wonderful resort! Service is 5 star!

Room Tip: The Pool in the lakeside of the hotel is better then the beach side, Dinner in the Jungceylon plaza...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shyen1
Dear shyen1,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We spent 8 nights at this hotel through the end of February and have to say the time there was fine.

The hotel has two wings seperated by Phukets largest shopping centre and to transit the wings either walk through the shopping centre, which can be confusing, or take the longer outside route (3 minutes).

We were allocated the Beachside wing, the decor of cream and green made the place look like a hospital, very bland, the Lakeside wing was much better decorated. The pool in our wing was small and as such became crowded, the pool in the other wing very much larger and we frequented this pool most days and never had a problem getting chairs or sunshades.

I can only comment on the Beachside wing, but seeing the Lakeside wing I would image my comments would be applicable to both.

Both wings are built around atriums and as such there is noise permiating from the reception area upwards, Tile floors throughout the hotel also tend to reflect noise from people passing and this noise does permiate into rooms. At night added to this internal noise is the deep bass sound from the adjacent night club (9pm till 3am) If you are allocated a room within earshot of the nightclub your sleep will be interupted. (Ear plugs will assist, always carry earplugs on holiday)

The position of the hotel is great and in the centre of everything. An 8 minute walk to the beach, or 3 minute run, yes I did go running along the beach each morning just before sun up and it is the best time of the day, before the heat sets in. Bang la road and all the activities that go with it is100 meters away, local transport and restaurants abound all around the hotel.

The room we had was large, clean and well maintained. Large bathroom and double size shower, but the bathroom water temperature was just warm, ok I suppose for this time of year in Thailand, but when your used to hot water, this was a little cool for ourselves. All expected amenieties, large multi channel TV, room safe, and even a plug adaptor (nice touch)

Check in and out was excellent and efficient and all staff we had contact with during our stay were pleasant and helpful.

We took the breakfast package and were not dissapointed, plenty on offer every day and always a very cheerful crew with a happy welcoming greeting each morning. If you choose not to eat breakfast in the hotel, plenty of choice nearby at low cost.

Would we stay again at this hotel, yes, would we reccommend it, yes, but with knowledge would ensure a room well away from the night club, but loooking at the hotel building, being away from the night club would put you closer to the frenetic ouside noise activities of Bang la road. Of course, one does not come to the Patong Beach area expecting peace and quite, they do not go together. Enjoy the days and when it comes to sleeping ear plugs are a must.

Room Tip: Ensure a room away from the nightclub (open 9pm until 3am) if you want a decent sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wizardoz1944
Dear WizardMelbourne,

Jamal Sidik,
in your heart ;p
Reviewed 2 March 2012

i didnt have any problem with this hotel really, it's a good hotel , especially for people who want some kind of luxurious stay while having fun in Patong, even the cheapest room they provide, its cozy and comfortable enough, i almost fall asleep at the sofa, i felt really good knowing that i had such a nice room to stay after going out drinking at Bangla Road. the location is fine too, it looks far from the beach but if u just walk through Junceylon Shopping malls, then it's much easier to get to the beach and the central of Patong.

the pool is big enough but i went to swim in the evening before they close so i dont know if it would be soo crowded during the day time since the hotel provides lots of rooms too

All in all, i think Millennium is one of good choices for tourists who want to have a kind of luxurious stay in crowded area like Patong, u will still feel private enough when getting in to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends