“WORST HOTEL ”

Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Ranked #34 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed there as a family of eight with four rooms for 7 days and the hotel service was average until the third day when we went to phi phi Island for the day, weather was stormy so left my sunglasses on the table and despite pressing DO NOT DISTURB, the hotel staff entered my room on two separate occasions one of which wasn't even a member of housekeeping and had no reason to enter my room!! I complained to the manager and he couldn't have been more rude, despite me telling the hotel about it three days consecutively not only did they do nothing about it I later found out they hadn't even logged my complaints! They also went as far as saying that I was lying and asked for proof of wearing my sunglasses in their hotel as their CCTVs didn't work!!! The manager spent the whole time I spoke to him on the phone and not to mention the huge cockroaches that were surrounding us as we spoke, and after pointing them out to him he extremely rudely told me that it was none of my business!! So long story short, after being to many many five star resorts with my family I can easily say that this has been the worst and you'd be better off at a 1 star B&B as at least you will be safer there and they take responsibility for unauthorised entries into your private room unlike this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank yasamin p
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Yasamin p

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

Our records indicate that you had met with our Duty Manager on 27 July @ approx 10.25 am to report that your pair of sunglasses was missing on 25 July 2014. Security was immediately alerted to conduct an investigation into the matter. During the discussion, the Duty Manager also asked about some clothes which had fallen over the balcony where you informed that these belonged to your family in the room next door.

Later in the day of 27 July @ approx 5.30 pm the Duty Manager and Security met with you again to inform that nothing had been found so far. As a further attempt to retrieve the missing sunglasses, with your permission and in your presence, they further checked your room area, and regrettably, were unsuccessful. Although you may have declined to lodge a police report as recommended by our staff, a complimentary airport transfer on your departure for you and your family was accorded as a gesture of goodwill.

We sincerely apologise where information was not communicated appropriately and our service levels may have fallen short on this occasion. We would like to assure that these are definitely not the standards that we endeavor to deliver to every guest. Your feedback has been very helpful and will enable us to review our processes with staff re-training at all levels for improvements ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Esther Wai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,783)

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

At first sight, the hotel's outlook appeared fairly decent. However after talking to the staff, I immediately felt that the service quality was severely below average. Refusal to provide basic complimentary drinks upon arrival just because we missed it while we were in the restroom, painstakingly long waiting time of 3 hours after stipulated check-in time at 2pm, unapologetic staff and management that were nonchalant about their crappy service = terrible service for the hefty price tag. I've had better service at bed and breakfasts.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank esmepaige
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear esmepaige,

We appreciate your effort to offer your feedback. We regret the service levels which you had encountered during your recent visit. Your comments have been helpful and enabled us to review our processes. We would like to assure that relevant steps will be taken for improvements ahead.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was great. the rooms exceeded our expectations. The bed was very comfortable and the bathtub was fantastic! Big deep and moulded.
The pool was big and the perfect temperature. The poolside chairs were very comfortable and with every one having an umbrella no one was competing for shady spots.
The staff were very helpful and I organised a cooking class with the hotel. I got a one on one experience with the chef. It was amazing! I would highly recommend if you are there. I got taught how to make three dishes and the Tom Kha Gai was the best I tasted in the whole time I was in Thailand.
The spa was very good The massage I had was fantastic My only grievance was the price. Highly overpriced for the area. 4 times what you would pay outside the hotel.
Location location location. this hotel is in the perfect location. Right next door to the hotel is a shopping complex with some fantastic restaurants Patong beach is only a couple of blocks walk away or a tuk tuk ride. There are market stalls everywhere around the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and it was perfect breakfast is on the second floor and the pool and spa is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angel72aust

Dear Angel72aust,

Thank you for your good comments. My team and I are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and came away with lasting impressions.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was stay in this hotel newly, actually I was there for my honeymoon and 100% it was the best travel and hotel that I have ever had.
If I want explain this hotel, I have to say every things were excellent.
1-The location
8-the rooms
9-the bath
10-the price
11-...........
In all If some one wants to go to Phuket who have go to this hotel for easements.
highly recommend this hotel to travelers.
Specially Thanks to the millennium manager that makes me a good memory in this hotel.

Room Tip: every rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mohammad k
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear mohammad k,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is situation beside Jungceylon Shopping Mall and just a walk across the road is the street filled with night life , The Bangla Road. A short walk to the end of Bangla road, you would reach patong beach. The hotel provide beach towels for you to bring out for your beach chill out. The rooms were clean and the swimming pool was nice. Staffs were kind and friendly and helpful in all ways.

The only downside I have during my stay is that the shower was cloaked and have to take a while before the water clears after every bath. Amenities wasn't refilled after every house keeping session.

The hotel also provide internet cable , travel adapter. Bonus was there was an iron and ironing board.

There is also the basic safe and bath robe , bath slippers, hair dryers and pretty sufficient numbers of hangers.

The location is still the best point of this hotel stay.

Room Tip: There are actually 2 wings of this hotel. The pictures of that awesome pool is actually at the main...
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank vinceable

Dear vinceable,

Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong!

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay. We regret that our service levels may have fallen short and would like to assure that the areas highlighted are being addressed for improvements ahead.

Your feedback has been very helpful and has enabled us to review our processes in order to deliver quality service standards at all times.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is connected to Jungceylon Shopping Mall and near Bangla street. This means you are able to enjoy shopping in the morning and clubbing at night.

The Jungceylon mall houses quite a lot of face and body massage centres, where the price is super reasonable. This is something that you can do, after you wake up from the hotel.

Essentially, it's strategically located in the heart of Patong beach, so you can explore the town by foot, Hard Rock Cafe and Hooters are not too far away. Jungceylon mall also has many food outlets for you to try including Swensens, McD, Burger King etc.

Rooms are decent and spacious, so overall this is quite a good place to be!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ng_Kai_Chong

Thank you for your feedback. We would like assure that the interest and well-being of every guest is our priority. Our commitment to delivering quality service standards remain at all times.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spend 5 of our 12 nights in phuket at this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel located right in the heart of Patong. The facilities are world class and the service is fantastic, the language barrier was a little frustrating at times but other than that we really enjoyed our stay here and wished we had just booked the whole 12 nights at the Millennium.
We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Lakeside with a pool view is ideal. All rooms are great though
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple