“Excellent hotel”

Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Ranked #36 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Immensely impressed by the service offered by the hotel. I am usually quite a fussy stayer and will bring my own towels and stuff. However this time i was super happy with the cleanliness! Hotel is very clean. Swimming pool is clean too!

Also, the night before my stay, the credit card had some problems and I had to call up the hotel from Singapore and the call was picked up quickly by the manager, Timmy who is very patient and nice to put my reservation on hold still. And made an exception for me.

And needless to say, location is definitely good. 2mins walk to junceylone mall and 5 mins walk to bangla street.

Will recommend this hotel to family and friends :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily T
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Emily T,

Thank you for your good comments. My team and I are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us and came away with lasting impressions.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a great stay at Millennium Lakeside. Great service, Good restaurants. Loved the pool. Never felt crowded and has a great section for kids separate from the main pool.
Plenty of restaurants nearby, and amazing shopping!
In the shopping centre we enjoyed the 4D cinema, tenpin bowling and our son loved the play centre too. Also across the main street there's another very good play centre.

We had booked deal through Luxury Escapes. All inclusions worked out well, no disappointments! Loved the tapas style dinner at Joe's Downstairs. Fantastic meal with great evening views/setting!

A short stroll to the Patong beach. Either down along Bangla street, or Kebsup street which has several good restaurants and massage venues. Don't miss Halfway Inn.

Do I force myself to find a negative, I would say the hotel is not "a 100% Thai experience" but mire international. But I love it, and will probably come back.

We stayed at Lakeside. But what I could see from Beachside I think it is just as good, and closer to the main part of Jungceylon (shoppingcentre), the beach and Bangla street.

Room Tip: We found it very convenient to stay on 4th floor of Lakeside, with easy access to pool, gym and spa.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cladieworld
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Cladieworld,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just stayed for 8 nights returned yesterday .This was the 1st time I have stayed at the Millennium and will definitely not be my last . Its a beautiful hotel right in the center of Patong we stayed on the Beach side in a twin room with my daughter the 1st night I did find it a bit noisy (even though it has double glass doors) fireworks scared the hell out if me but after that all was great.The beach-side is exactly the same as the lakeside the room was a good size looks exactly like website pictures very roomy only problem was the bar fridge is very very small couldn't hold a litre of milk that was the only down side, We had breakfast included (great rate off Expedia highly recommend them) and the variety was the best I have ever seen 15 hot dishes plus everything else absolutely fruit, cereal, pastries, egg and noodle station everything was beautiful and the staff there were lovely so polite and friendly. Pity some of the guests are so rude. All staff at this hotel are terrific from the bus boys especially "POR" who was so helpful also "APPLE" on the desk also our lovely cleaning lady a big thank you to you all you made the hotel special . The roof top pool is also great . Thank you again to all the staff . .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Redtaffy12

Dear redtaffy12,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just arrived home today after 10 nights at the Millennium (Lakeside). We were very impressed with all of the facilities including our room, pool & spa. The staff, including San & his team at breakfast were fantastic - so much choice & great service. We also had dinner at the Seafood night & also the A la Carte which was beautiful. The rooms were lovely - very clean, as was the whole hotel. Free wifi is good. The pool at the Lakeside is fantastic (Level 4) - so is the food & service. Escentika spa was great for massages (yes - much dearer than out on the street - but much more relaxing & professional). The hotels location adjoining Jungcelon shopping centre was very convenient as well - only a short 5 minute walk to the beach & lots of restaurants etc. very close by. We would definately recommend this hotel & if we get the opportunity would stay at the Millennium again. (Lakeside is definately the nicer wing of the hotel).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MelissaDay
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear MelissaDay,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent a glorious 11 days here in total relax mode. Wonderful rooms, pool and bar. Great location and wonderful service. Gym was great as well. Nothing to complain about at all, will be back here for sure. The rooms opening onto the pool are better than upstairs with balcony.

Room Tip: Go the pool access rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam B

Dear Adam B,

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed there as a family of eight with four rooms for 7 days and the hotel service was average until the third day when we went to phi phi Island for the day, weather was stormy so left my sunglasses on the table and despite pressing DO NOT DISTURB, the hotel staff entered my room on two separate occasions one of which wasn't even a member of housekeeping and had no reason to enter my room!! I complained to the manager and he couldn't have been more rude, despite me telling the hotel about it three days consecutively not only did they do nothing about it I later found out they hadn't even logged my complaints! They also went as far as saying that I was lying and asked for proof of wearing my sunglasses in their hotel as their CCTVs didn't work!!! The manager spent the whole time I spoke to him on the phone and not to mention the huge cockroaches that were surrounding us as we spoke, and after pointing them out to him he extremely rudely told me that it was none of my business!! So long story short, after being to many many five star resorts with my family I can easily say that this has been the worst and you'd be better off at a 1 star B&B as at least you will be safer there and they take responsibility for unauthorised entries into your private room unlike this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank yasamin p
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Yasamin p

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

Our records indicate that you had met with our Duty Manager on 27 July @ approx 10.25 am to report that your pair of sunglasses was missing on 25 July 2014. Security was immediately alerted to conduct an investigation into the matter. During the discussion, the Duty Manager also asked about some clothes which had fallen over the balcony where you informed that these belonged to your family in the room next door.

Later in the day of 27 July @ approx 5.30 pm the Duty Manager and Security met with you again to inform that nothing had been found so far. As a further attempt to retrieve the missing sunglasses, with your permission and in your presence, they further checked your room area, and regrettably, were unsuccessful. Although you may have declined to lodge a police report as recommended by our staff, a complimentary airport transfer on your departure for you and your family was accorded as a gesture of goodwill.

We sincerely apologise where information was not communicated appropriately and our service levels may have fallen short on this occasion. We would like to assure that these are definitely not the standards that we endeavor to deliver to every guest. Your feedback has been very helpful and will enable us to review our processes with staff re-training at all levels for improvements ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

At first sight, the hotel's outlook appeared fairly decent. However after talking to the staff, I immediately felt that the service quality was severely below average. Refusal to provide basic complimentary drinks upon arrival just because we missed it while we were in the restroom, painstakingly long waiting time of 3 hours after stipulated check-in time at 2pm, unapologetic staff and management that were nonchalant about their crappy service = terrible service for the hefty price tag. I've had better service at bed and breakfasts.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank esmepaige
Millennium M, General Manager at Millennium Resort Patong Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear esmepaige,

We appreciate your effort to offer your feedback. We regret the service levels which you had encountered during your recent visit. Your comments have been helpful and enabled us to review our processes. We would like to assure that relevant steps will be taken for improvements ahead.

Thank you.