Phuket is a brilliant place to visit but, the Absolute Patong Ville & Spa might not be the best place to stay at. At best, I would recommend it to budget-travellers who are looking for something bare minimum with not too many add-ons. We booked a Phuket package from Antilog Vacations , a well known Phuket wholesaler in India & they gave us many hotel packages to choose from & we chose it coz of low rates.
The place is actually quite small and located a good 5-10 minutes (drive) from the actual Patong beach. If you’re considering staying here, hiring a bike is a good option because finding a tuk tuk or taxi around here is a bit of a challenge. Although Absolute does provide a shuttle service to the beach, it is not very timely and drops you off at the far end of the beach, which means you still have a 10 minute walk till you get anywhere close to the action.
The pictures on the website seem to have been taken by a good photographer, because the place is not actually that good. For starters, we had to wait for a good half hour to confirm our booking due to the staffs’ inability to converse properly in English. Once we got past the language barrier with the help of print outs (which were extremely hard to get) & a lot of hand gestures that I never knew before (lol), we were led to our pool-side room.
The pool kinda made up for the delay. It’s clean and the water’s always at a reasonably good temperature. It’s a good place to just kick back for some time. They do have a bar close by, but then again, the staff are rarely there at the bar. Even if they are, basic courtesies like asking for a refill are not something you can expect from them. The rooms are slightly small but the bathrooms are even smaller and a little dirty, if I might add.
Food again is not the greatest, I would suggest you take a 5 minute ride down the road and head over to Coffee Mania or Secret Cliff. Both places have reasonably good food but, it’s any day better than you get at Absolute.
But the hotel is not Bad afterall , you can stay here but don’t expect too much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 38 decent sized rooms each with balcony, en-suite shower, cable TV, safe, air-conditioning, serviced daily. Good sized swimming pool with jacuzzi, shallow kids pool, swim up bar. Tropical gardens with many species of birds, butterflies and small lizards. Breakfast from 7:30 am to 10:30 am, lunch and dinner available at the adjoining restaurant. Parking for cars and motorbikes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Patong Ville Hotel Kathu
- Absolute Patong Ville And Spa
- The Hill Resort Phuket, Thailand