Very good budget hotel! The main attraction is the unique location near the beach. Family owned with good service from the stuff. They can organize the transfer from and to the airport. The breakfast is very poor that gives you the opportunity to have alternative one in one of cafes on the beach with fantastic sea view. The hotel and the near beach are full of Moomintrolls, Goblins, hobbits and other kind of gnomus from Denmark, Finland and Sweden. You can easily identify them by not well-groomed appearance, poor weird clothes and long nails on their feet. Their super peasant style is underlined by IKEA’s and discounter’s carrier bags used as beach bags. Sometimes they are very loud, but it’s good that they speak language no one can understand.
There are a lot of good Massage salons nearby. I would recommend the one which is in the same building “Tum Bub Thai”. If you want to have really professional massage ask for Ann. She is really good and has professional education in this field. Another lady – Noi is also good. They can hardly speak English, but the man who coordinates them is speaking pretty good English.
Taxi service: The best taxi you can find is also near this hotel. We are very happy to use taxi of beautiful lady taxi driver Aey. We know her for more than 5 years already and use her taxi during each stay here. She is driving a very good Toyota 4 wheel runner, speaks very good English and it is very convenient that you can call her and agree the time and place for pick up. Just call her by phone – 081 894 8178.
She became a real friend to our family for the years we know each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kata Sun Beach is situated at the South end of Kata Beach, which many people consider the most charming beach of Phuket Island. Our emphasis is on tranquillity and the nearby white sandy beach. The town of Kata Beach is a small and unique with many choices of interesting restaurants, bars, and some great shopping. For more activity and a grander nightlife the town of Patong Beach is just a 15 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kata Sun Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kata Sun Beach Hotel Kathu
- Kata Sun Beach Phuket, Thailand