“They miss the mark”

Loch Palm Golf Club
Ranked #29 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Kathu
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as the most relaxing golf course in Phuket. Located in the centre of the island next to Red Mountain in Kathu District just 10 minutes from Phuket Town or Patong Beach the course nestles below a panoramic range of peaks, and is sandwiched between the Kathu Waterfalls and Kathu Village. The layout surrounds the largest lake on any golf course in Phuket, Crystal Lake, a massive 48 acres in size. This is an 18 hole, par 72, 6,555 yard, palm tree-lined beauty that has recently completed major re-designs and renovation upgrades.
Almaty, Kazakhstan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“They miss the mark”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This course is okay, its something I really did enjoy and certainly dont regret. In saying that though they just kind of miss the mark on what I would expect for this sort of green fee. Full disclosure I am rather picky when it comes to golf, but for a 150 dollar green fee one comes to expect little things like a decent driving range, and not being nickled and dimed for an extra few hundred baht to hit some water logged balls that they pull from a lake. I was a one ball, and understandably lowest on the totem pole when it comes to golf etiquette, but I was rushed onto the tee ahead of my time, rather than being paired with any of the other groups despite my request. As another reviewer pointed out, the carts are less than ideal and much to my surprise didn't have a cooler with ice. This is nothing more than a completely average course, touting itself as luxury. The play-ability itself is fine, and there are some really nice vistas, but its not that breath taking.

Loch Palm you need to take some notes on how courses in Dubai are run, its the small things that really add up.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Mark F

India
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We played there this morning and was expecting it to be better. I guess I was comparing it to Red Mountain which is far far superior. The carts are old and badly maintained and the caddies are not up to the mark. They are so busy talking non stop among themselves and hardly pay any attention to the players or the game.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ravi46
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Pleasant and rather enjoyable golf..”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We played at both Loch Palm Golf Club and Red Mountain Golf Club during our recent visit on 13 - 15 Feb 2014. Enjoyed our golf games thorougly at both but strangely, I personally find Loch Palm more challenging than Red Mountain.

Queensland, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Beware drunkin idiots going unsupervised”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Loch Palm golf course since its upgrading is simply one of the best courses in Asia. I would rate it a close second to its sister course Red Mountain, although if you are looking for a less stressful round of golf, I would pick Loch Palm. The condition of the course is outstanding, greens, fairways, bunkers, waterways. It is all in top notch condition which makes for a delightful day of golf. The caddies are knowledgeable and friendly.

That is great part, only to be ruined in part by a bunch of drunkin idiots having a round of golf before one of them was to get married. There must have been 4 or 5 groups as part of this larger group. I don't know why they wanted to come on the golf course. They would have been better off spending the day in the pub. They would have consumed as much beer. By the second nine, they were all carrying on like fools, screaming out "four" all the time, hitting up balls as target practice on the group in front of them on the Par 3, 14th hole. I don't mind people having fun, but when it impinges on your enjoyment of a round of golf, it is unacceptable. What is more unacceptable is that it all went unchecked. Even the caddies were getting involved in the high jinks, doing drive by's for high fives etc.

When I got back to the clubhouse, I asked to speak to the manager. There was nobody on duty, but they called someone on the phone who didn't seem that interested, giving the old "I will have to investigate and get back to you". Really, I paid good money for the golf for two of us today and expect better.

2 Thank Craig D
Zhuhai, China
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Such a pleasant experience”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is a nice course. Maybe not world class but certainly Excellent. Well maintained and efficiently run. A thoroughly enjoyable day.