“Not for beginners”
Review of Phuket Wake Park

Phuket Wake Park
Ranked #34 of 95 things to do in Kathu
More attraction details
Owner description: Phuket Wake Park is one of the most exciting and challenging activities to experience in Phuket. Located in the middle of the island, the park offers 2 wakeboarding tracks on a freshwater lake. One shorter cable for the beginners and another one going all around the lake for the most experienced riders. On a full size cable you will find 11 UNIT obstacles for riding on: 2 kickers L, long pipe, Kevin Henshaw, straight slider, Steffen Vollert, rooftop, step down, funbox, transition rail, table top. Phuket Wake Park is a thrilling refreshing activity for both adults and children. Wakeboards, life vests and helmet can be rented directly on-site. For very beginners there are professional coaches, who can teach you how to stand up and manage your wakeboard. Phuket Wake Park also hosts a bar and restaurant serving Thai and Western delicacies including: BBQ chicken, pizzas, pastas and sandwiches. New working hours: 7:30-21:00 Tue-Sun, Monday opens at 10:00am. You can check open hours at facebook page (PhuketWakePark) or on website. Rates start from THB 650/adult and THB 450/child for 2 hrs riding including free wakeboard, vest and helmet.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you're beginner its not right place to go. There is a small pool for beginners where they supposed to teach you basics, but its not working and staff/instructors would not do anything. Including a manager staff there just sit and play games on the their smartphones, etc.

4  Thank regmail
"riders"
"bike"
"trainers"

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was in a french group have see the Guy death! We have try to Warn the staff and the manager ( russian girl) just bihind us at the start. There people have see but no boddy moved! Finaly me and my friend was arrived on place but to late! The Guy had sank! But the staff and manager never moved! You can Die alone with out help in this place! Shame on theme. RIP at this Guy shun!sorry for my inglish

13  Thank Jej C
Reviewed 18 November 2013

You let people die ! A poor Man died couple days ago, Me and my friend have tried to find him under the water during 20 minutes, no help from the staff, then we have tried to rescue him, it was too late !! Staff called the emergency too late!!! First ambulance came 45 minutes after the man drowned!!!
You let people ride without Life Jacket
You don't keep a close watch on people who ride
You don't have stuff to rescue people Poor korean guy (Shun Yoon Ho), god bless him, RIP dude i did my best ...

15  Thank MattRob74
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I'm writing this review to make everyone interested in doing some wakeboarding on Phuket that a fatal accident happened on 15th November. A guy of appr. 25 from Korea died!

There was quite a crowd wakeboarding that day, among a group of Koreans also travellers from France, Germany, Russia and so on. The park itself is a typical wakeboard park with a 360 degree cable system and several kickers / obstacles on both sides of the park. There is also a guy on a motobike picking you up when you haven fallen and giving you a ride back to the start.

We were getting something to drink when we noticed that the cable stopped running and some people were screaming. We came back and some French people told us that one guy did sink and not came up anymore. A large group of travellers, including myself, jumped into the water and tries to find the guy. No one, I repeat NO ONE of the staff came to help!!! They were standing at the side and watched what was happening. We dived and searched the guy and finally found him. I think it took at least ten minutes until we had him as the water was totally muddy and the sight less than 30cm. We then tried to bring him back to life for at least 15min, but it was too late.

The Russian manager, before quite a loudmouth, was hiding afterwards, not to be seen anymore. Again: NO staff member had helped us. My insits of at least turning the music down as a human being had just died were ignored. In fact, people were smiling and did just not care.

Later, one of the French guys told us that the bloke on the motobike had seen the Korean drowning, but didn't show any reaction. If it was not for the international travellers, maybe no one would have even taken care of the death of that person.

If the staff members can't swim, ok. Ridicolously enough for wakeboard staff, but it is Thailand. But they could at least have informed someone and provide something to get the guy from the little island in the middle of the park where we tried to bring him back to life back to the building. Nothing was done!

This ruthlessness and the lack of respect towards human life leaves me no other choice than to warn others of this place.

Btw,the Korean guy was not wearing a vest. According to the French bloke he jumped over a kicker, landed badly on his chest, tried to paddle and then drowned. So, apparently he was neither a good swimmer and obviously landed on his chest which possibly blew all the air out of him. Quite a bad luck and a sum of rather rare circumstances, but the management's and staff's reaction speaks for itself.

All this accident happened appr. 20-25m away from the start.

If the owner replies differently, it would be one more thing that leaves me speechless.

34  Thank ACundM