“Not Worth It”

Ranked #293 of 378 Hotels in Kathu
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Not Worth It”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Room was clean enough but compared to the price we paid (which was more than Bangkok) we expected a little more. Sheets were actually a little dirty/grubby on the first night. The room was small and cramped and should really not allow more than two people. However we were allowed three people in a room. (a cot for the third which is fine but it barley fit in the room) The cleaners refused to replace amenities such as shampoo and soap and an extra bottle of water. Also they refused to replace the towels even after we requested it three times. We were left two towels for three people and had to constantly ask front desk for a pool towel to replace the bath towel for the third person.

The aircon was unnecessarily loud and was placed rite next to our room which made sleep on the first two nights impossible.
Also no aircon in the main breakfast/ welcome area which made some mornings a little hard.

Pool area was nice though and breakfast was the standard breakfast but still good.
The staff was helpful apart from one receptionist.

Room Tip: Ask for a a room that is more than a Delux if it is for three people.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Ok so this hotel is built on a road still under construction in Phuket but that's the only fault!!
The rooms are very modern, clean and bright with a large balcony. Serviced to perfection.
The staff were just amazing. Their English was great and helped with directions and bookings with a happy smile!
Breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of space to sit in the foyer.
Not very far from the action like Bangla road, all the shopping and the beach. We walked to Bangla in about 5-8 mins. If not they have a hotel tuk tuk.
There is also an amazing little oasis on the roof top. Just stunning. A gorgeous swimming pool and plenty of space to lay about and relax!
This was my 4th time in Phuket Patong. I've been coming every few years since 2006. My last trip here I was really over it! To tell you the truth i only came because my friends hadn't been before. I was very reluctant. I found Phuket has changed for the better feels cleaner and don't feel I was hassled a much for being Australian. The area this hotel is located in a great its away from some of the annoying stuff Phuket can be known for! I highly recommended this hotel! You will not be disappointed! Xo

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Al.fres.co was a great hotel! We stayed here for 3 nights and had 2 rooms. They were both very clean and tidy. The staff were ALWAYS so helpful to us and the tuk tuk to town was handy. I would stay at Al.Fres.Co again for sure! Was a lot of fun in the roof top pool and cute area on the roof. Great to relax and escape the business of Patong.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I book this hotel for 3 nights before i made a booking i email to the hotel as we are honeymoon couple and i request them to prepare cake for me and also rose bouquet for my girlfriend they are very well done to help me when i arrived the hotel at 10.30 am. i got the welcome drink and cool towel at the reception while i was check in i saw the lady complained the reception about check in as they arrival so early morning but check in time is 02.00 pm (hotel present at front desk) my first emotion quite bad with this situation but after we wait about 15 minute receptionist let the lady who was fight to check in. And after that about 5 minute I went to reception to ask about my room and found out that the check out time is 12.00 pm. and hotel are fully book for last night so i have to wait because there are no room available it make me so surprise with that lady who was complain i think they don't understand for the policy. After that receptionist let me check in about 11.00 am. when i going to the room hotel free upgrade us to suite room the room was very nice and the room was decorated with rose which make my girlfriend so surprise.
Main road of the hotel are under construction but hotel provide free TUK TUK shuttle to beach and shopping mall start at the morning till late night and Mini Mart located next door.
While we stayed there hotel staff always say hi to us and they also taking very good care for us they advise us for the tour package and also help us booked.
Swimming at the roof top was great, breakfast was over expect , clean room and nice red color decoration.
After i stayed at Al fresco Hotel they make me so impress and i'm sure that i will be back here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2013

gt free upgraded, U can't check out late... Level 1, bathroom is big & dirty... Not very friendly counter staff... I'll never go back there & stay again , no free shuttle to patong beach, counter staff claims the tuk tuk was spoiled, so if u walk abt 20mins... Seriously they need to do something abt their room bathrooms...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RetnamalaDinesh

Travellers are raving about these Kathu hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Be warned the pictures on the website are dated. Returned 26 October 2013 after 3 weeks of climbing over slabs of concrete, wading through mud and avoiding, earth moving equipment being handled with no regard to the public. The place is a accident waiting to happen, whilst Jung Ceylon, would normally be an easy short walk, you are virtually guaranteed of an adventure just walking there, usually resulting in a mud bath at best. The only option is a ride into Patong on the Hotel supplied Tuk-Tuk which broke down due to the hammering it took over the road, or at the mercy of the Tuk-Tuk mafia camped opposite, who take advantage of the situation by overcharging, and not allowing outside drivers in.

It is a good hotel, but would strongly recommend not using it for around 6 months when the road-works should be finished.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I found Alfresco since first day opening in last 3 years on 24 Dec ago but never have a chance to stay because it always full when am going to Phuket. I am glad to stay here this trip but only for 1 night my room was organized by the owner who is there to service the guess with his professional and friendly. My room is over that what I expected for 3 stars at bargain price as i found different promotion on Expedia always. Alfresco Suite is hug and nice decor, bed is so comfortable also sofa bed for small living area. I love the layout of bedroom that air condition is not close to bed, good LCD TV, Mini bar and down stair also have Family mart that very good. 24 hrs reception service they are friendly. Nearby hotel is big shopping mall call Jungcylon that not too far and hotel provide shuttle free of charge even to Patong Beach but you need to get back by yourself. Trust me for 3 stars hotel in Phuket those area which is not TOO busy like beachfront road Alfresco is the best of your choice. will be back again!!

Room Tip: swimming pool on the roof top, and book suite room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
Luxur Boutique Hotel Patong
Lap Roi Karon Beachfront
Lap Roi Karon Beachfront
#113 of 133 in Karon
The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!