“Pretty on pictures and in reviews, awful inside”

Alfresco Phuket Hotel
Ranked #270 of 387 Hotels in Kathu
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me and my wife are staying here in deluxe room now.
We have been a lot traveling and always are trying to chose best values from non-expensive hotels.
But with this we made a mistake.
Pros
1. Great pool area on the roof.
2. Quite friendly staff

1. This hotel has very VERY noisy condition system...The noisiest for me(I've been in a lot of countries and a lot of hotels). If you only use hotel for only sleeping is ok. I can't work here. We asked staff to give us another room - same thing. May be even worse. This room has holes in doors to the balcony and there is whistle always when the wind blows.
2. In first room we haven't hot water.
3. In second the plug near the bed doesn't work.
4. Not good location(we knew it and thought that it is the only one cons of this hotel...

One of the worst chooses ever...

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deniska80

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel 1 year ago over the Christmas period and was so happy with the level of served we received. My parents sent a Christmas box from the UK and when we thought it got lost in the mail the staff did all they could to locate it, which they did!

With this in mind we decided to return this year for 3 nights. I emailed the hotel for their rates and was directed to the agoda website. Once I'd booked I emailed the manager to let him know I'd booked and that was that. However on arrival we were upgraded to a suite room for being returning guests! I feel this was a lovely gesture to make and certainly made us feel special. So thank you very much! Ammi was extremely welcoming when we arrived and smiled the whole time we were there!

Pros:
Room - spotless
Pool - so peaceful and relaxing, Plus I love the new little 'pods' they have put on the astroturf area! We said last year it needed something there!
Friendly staff
Good breakfast (I always had a cheese omelette!)
tuk tuk service to the beach/shopping centre

Cons: I think none but some may be put off by location and surrounding building works. I was not at all put off, Thailand is always developing and that to me is common. Plus there were some lovely local restaurants near by which we always ate in.

We hope to return to Thailand in the near future and will certainly be staying here again!

Thank you for your wonderful service!

Room Tip: Suites are worth staying in
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with my family. I was surprised when I saw the hotel. It was nicely furnished and the receptionists were so kind and friendly to all tourists. The room I stayed has a nice room design and it was pretty comfortable. Safe is available and you can keep your belongings in it whenever you leave the room. The swimming pool on the top of the hotel was so amazing i had really enjoyed it during my stay in this hotel. Breakfast are available from 6:00 a.m. till 10:30 a.m. The breakfast are nice and delicious and I had a variety of choices on what to eat on every morning. The breakfast menu changed everyday and you won't feel bored of eating the same breakfast everyday. Free Tuk-tuk service is available to Jungceylon shopping mall and to the Patong beach. Tour service is available and you can bargain with them to get a good price. The hotel location is nice and there are a lot of shops and pharmacies nearby. It is easy to get a transport as the taxi stand is just situated beside the hotel. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you wish to have a very pleasant stay in Phuket.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with my friends. I was a bit skeptical when I first saw the road to the hotel was under construction. But at the moment I first saw our room and the cleanliness of the hotel and room, major love for this. It's a win hotel for the price we've paid and quite a variety to their breakfast buffet. They upgraded us for free from Deluxe to a bigger room at 1st floor since there are 3 of us and they felt 3 persons in Deluxe would be much narrower. Ammy, the reception was so nice and friendly, she helped us with directions and bookings for minivan to airport. Though there is a construction along the roadside outside hotel, but your stay won't be affected, you couldn't hear a thing from the room. The rooftop pool is simply amazing, so as the sunbed area. I wish we had spend more time at the pool. Photos of the room in their website are exactly the same with what we'd see. It's also conveniently located near to Bangla Road (5 mins walking distance to Jungceylon Mall, 10 mins walking distance to Bangla Road). Oh, they also have free tuk-tuk service to Jungceylon Mall. Pleasant stay and worth the money! :D

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aziey_zaini
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed here on arriving at Phuket for two nights and was well worth the money we where more than pleasantly surprised the rooms are just like the pictures and very clean, every day sheets cleaned room cleaned new towels etc, could not find any faults and the pool and sunbed area at the top of the hotel was amazing and lovely,the staff so kind and always full of smiles thankyou for a lovely stay would definatly stay here again for even longer next time. There is construction work going on outside but this does not affect your stay,you cant here a thing when your doors are closed..........

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for tree nights (whole vacation was 14 days) and this was the best hotel we've ever been to in Thailand.
We got a huge room and unlike most of the TVs in Thailand this one worked with USB so we could watch movies.
The staff is really friendly and helpful!
The pool on the roof is very private with a view over patong. The hotel was full booked when we were there but the highest amount of guests by the pool were five, including us two.

The hotel is about 5-10 minutes Walk to the center of patong witch makes it a little bit more quiet. All of the hotels we went to were really badly isolated, but this one was okay.

We would love to stay there again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Room was clean enough but compared to the price we paid (which was more than Bangkok) we expected a little more. Sheets were actually a little dirty/grubby on the first night. The room was small and cramped and should really not allow more than two people. However we were allowed three people in a room. (a cot for the third which is fine but it barley fit in the room) The cleaners refused to replace amenities such as shampoo and soap and an extra bottle of water. Also they refused to replace the towels even after we requested it three times. We were left two towels for three people and had to constantly ask front desk for a pool towel to replace the bath towel for the third person.

The aircon was unnecessarily loud and was placed rite next to our room which made sleep on the first two nights impossible.
Also no aircon in the main breakfast/ welcome area which made some mornings a little hard.

Pool area was nice though and breakfast was the standard breakfast but still good.
The staff was helpful apart from one receptionist.

Room Tip: Ask for a a room that is more than a Delux if it is for three people.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
0 mi away
#2 of 16 in Chalong
Chaba Resort & Spa
Chaba Resort & Spa
#34 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!