“Friendly Staff, Clean room, Nice swimming pool”

Alfresco Phuket Hotel
Ranked #271 of 387 Hotels in Kathu
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I booked this hotel with promotion price. i got deluxed room (2 bed), it's clean good facility. But the shower hard to control(i can't ). All of the room it OK. Good Staff and can tell information what i want. I like the swimmimg pool. Market and beach is near by can walk for 10 min. but i'm suggest to rent motorbike.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Hotel is located in an area where you cannot walk around, they are building roads, and repairing sidewalks. If you walk out toward bangla or the shopping center, in 1 minute you'll be covered by dust. Maybe end of 2014 roads fill be fixed. At night there's only 1 person staff in the hotel. So hope you don't need anything, I asked for an extra pillow and the response was no since hotel full. Pillows smelled like they weren't washed for us. Staff is very friendly and breakfast was good. Obviously for the price I paid I couldn't complain much but in Thailand you can get much better price-quality hotel. They offer free tuk tuk service, but car is broken for 1 more month. So you have to walk everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlos G
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at alfresco for a week over Christmas. Really enjoyed our stay. We had the most basic room but it was nice and big, quiet, and well equipped. The staff at Alfresco are really lovely - always willing to help and so welcoming - 5 star service! The rooftop pool is great too.
The only complaint would be it's slightly out of the way from the Patong action. They run a free tuk-tuk service though, which makes up for any pitfalls! Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Good location , just 10-15 mins walk to Jungcelon.
Staff were nice ( Thai ppl are nice )
The rooftop is the best

No mosquito in my room luckily , but at night it was noisy .
the road is still under constructed , so when I back to my room I needed to clean my foot .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candycrushf
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is lovely, quite and clean, our room was clean and tidy everyday, I did notice though that the duvet and pillow cases were not changed though in the whole of our 9 night stay....yuk.
The Breakfast was nice, always a variety. You don't want anything too heavy in the hot and humid weather so fruit, cereal, toast, croissants, juices, etc were fine for me.

The staff were always friendly and ready to help, even when my essex accent was hard to understand lol They were always smiling.

The only thing I'd say that let me down was the construction work. Even though by the last two days the road was nearly done, through our holiday it did cause annoyance. The free tuk tuk wasn't working (as the road was too damaged) so everytime we went to the beach front or shopping center it cost 200 BRT!! Imagine paying 200 BRT everyday when you thought transport was free...it added up quite a bit so sometimes we walked but then got covered in dust from the road LOL That was the only thing i was upset about.
The road by the hotel was getting better and flatter everyday that passed but still the free tuk tuk wasn't running even though there were paying tuk tuks and taxis sitting outside the hotel allday.
I didn't see why a replacement couldn't have been put in?

Room Tip: We stayed in room 406 which was facing away from the construction. Floor 4 and 5 you cant hear the c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me and my wife are staying here in deluxe room now.
We have been a lot traveling and always are trying to chose best values from non-expensive hotels.
But with this we made a mistake.
Pros
1. Great pool area on the roof.
2. Quite friendly staff

1. This hotel has very VERY noisy condition system...The noisiest for me(I've been in a lot of countries and a lot of hotels). If you only use hotel for only sleeping is ok. I can't work here. We asked staff to give us another room - same thing. May be even worse. This room has holes in doors to the balcony and there is whistle always when the wind blows.
2. In first room we haven't hot water.
3. In second the plug near the bed doesn't work.
4. Not good location(we knew it and thought that it is the only one cons of this hotel...

One of the worst chooses ever...

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deniska80
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel 1 year ago over the Christmas period and was so happy with the level of served we received. My parents sent a Christmas box from the UK and when we thought it got lost in the mail the staff did all they could to locate it, which they did!

With this in mind we decided to return this year for 3 nights. I emailed the hotel for their rates and was directed to the agoda website. Once I'd booked I emailed the manager to let him know I'd booked and that was that. However on arrival we were upgraded to a suite room for being returning guests! I feel this was a lovely gesture to make and certainly made us feel special. So thank you very much! Ammi was extremely welcoming when we arrived and smiled the whole time we were there!

Pros:
Room - spotless
Pool - so peaceful and relaxing, Plus I love the new little 'pods' they have put on the astroturf area! We said last year it needed something there!
Friendly staff
Good breakfast (I always had a cheese omelette!)
tuk tuk service to the beach/shopping centre

Cons: I think none but some may be put off by location and surrounding building works. I was not at all put off, Thailand is always developing and that to me is common. Plus there were some lovely local restaurants near by which we always ate in.

We hope to return to Thailand in the near future and will certainly be staying here again!

Thank you for your wonderful service!

Room Tip: Suites are worth staying in
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
0 mi away
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa
#2 of 16 in Chalong
The Mangrove Panwa Phuket Resort

Been to Alfresco Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!