“Horrible don't go” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 81 things to do in Kathu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Horrible don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

While on the elephant found out she was due in two months to give birth, which made me feel very sorry for the elephant.
The monkey show made me feel sick, it is horrible and I now know never to go to places like this... Safe yourself and the animals don't go

6 Thank Alice G

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Nice ride, but elephants look a bit worn out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I enjoyed my ride. It was quiet and not many other tourists. They took a great photo of me at the start and it is a treasure.

Visited December 2013
Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Seemed ok to me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had never done an elephant ride before so have nothing to compare it to.
The elephants seemed happy enough, although the baby was on a chain. I was glad to see no monkeys etc. The guides will try to hard sell you some very cheap trinkets when they get you to the top of the hill. I would say the guides have it pretty tough so I refused the trinkets but gave them a few hundred baht tip. I would nether recommend, nor advise to avoid.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Greg A
Bundaberg
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“My Wife's Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

She has a affinity with Elephant riding I just like watching them and hear about how they saves and helped people during the Tsunami

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rick and Cindy H
Hong Kong, China
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Dishonest actions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We paid 1200b for pick up from Mia Khao. I got a confirmation of same Van to take us back. When we finish all activities, a Tuk Tuk was arranged to send us (12 persons) back instead, though I insisted keeping her promise. What come the worst was the driver even trying to let his friend get in an overcrowded Tuk Tuk. Such dishonest actions are unacceptable.

Visited August 2013