“Too expensive”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Beaconsfield, Victoria, Australia
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had prawns (the biggest I have ever seen), which were nice. My 4&6yo had calamari and fried chicken. The chicken was over cooked and the calamari was chewy. I asked for a small serve of calamari for my 4yo but was given a full serve, two thirds of which went to waste. Was shocked to find my bill was $80AUD for an adult and two kids (no alcohol). This restaurant was selected by friends. Would not have chosen it myself with those prices. I would not pay those prices again in Phuket.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
“Average food ...pricey”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The price of the food is a little high . Excellent view of the beach . Good sea food . Recommended to visit if you like sea food ( like us ) and ready to pay a price for the same . The stir fried squid with mushroom which we had was really good

Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“Delicious food and a beautiful view!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Loved it all... beautiful view of the sunset over Patong Beach and delicious food and drinks :) Would recommend for adults without children as it doesn't really feel like a kid friendly atmosphere

Visited July 2013
Udon Thani
“Good Food and Staff, Great Location, In High Season Come at Night!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Baan Kalim is right next to Novotel Phuket Resort (Kathu) which is on the far corner of Patong and I stayed there in February 2014. We checked in late around 10PM and then visited here around 11PM the first night. We were greeted by friendly staff and even though it was late there were plenty of people seated (this was a Friday during high season). There are multiple places to sit and we opted for outside and got a table on the deck that overlooks the beach. The beach was active at night with swimmers, and people playing beach games so it was a good view.

My family hungry from the trip went overboard and ordered all sorts of seafood. I’m a vegetarian and the waitress was very helpful going through the menu on which foods are vegetarian friendly and what can be special ordered. I ended up with a very good salad, and gai pad med mamuang made different and without the gai (chicken) via special order, and a steamed vegetable dish. My 3-year old got spaghetti and French fries, while again the rest of family had seafood. We all enjoyed the views and ate until we were stuffed. Nothing memorable about my food as it was taking what they had for veggie options and was a seafood place, but the rest of the party had no complaints at all and the views were great.

Not something I would normally ever plan to do, but I had just spent an hour seeing there were some people playing on the beach and swim. It was midnight but that beach was well lit up with spotlights and had what were clearly tourist on it, and was visible to a deck of people on the restaurant. We decided to give it a go. First just walking on it, then my son playing in the sand, finally I emptied my pockets, handed my things to my wife and took our 3-year old ocean swimming at midnight alongside some tourists. This was really fun and the water was warm. I recommend this shop as a good place to eat with nice views and a beach nearby especially so at nighttime on busy nights.

• Visited February 2014
“My favourite restraunt by far...”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

10 out 10 overall restraunt.. Food tastes great... Presented great... Over looking the beach... Service was great... Eating here on a regularly basis...

• Visited May 2014