We purchased the groupon 5D4N stay and was satisfied with our stay there. The view was scenic and perfect for relaxation, so is the main pool that comes with the sunken bar.
What we are happy with:
1) view - fantastic sea view from the room we stayed and at the café where we have our daily breakfast
2) staff - friendly, helpful, smiley and courteous staff except with 1 or 2 at the café who don't seem enjoying their work there
What we are not so happy with:
1) location - is not within walking distance to Patong beach and shopping area, unlike the one I stayed previously - Novotel, which is situated at the foot of the hill. Due to the distance, one will have to pay extra for transportation (200-300 baht) if you intend to go back to hotel after 5pm as that's the last shuttle service provided by the hotel.
2) power supply - was weak during our last 2 days of stay, we experienced constant power tripped and it took them hours to resume the electricity. That was rather unpleasant as it was very hot without the aircon for hours. When we called the front desk, they will stay that the entire patong area was without power supply which is not true.
3) free wifi - unstable and slow network that always locked one out from the wifi and it's hard to get log in
4) breakfast - not that fantastic for a 5 star standard, however, one can still expect a basic normal breakfast
Overall the stay was good and I enjoyed it during the 1st 2 days. The entire climate dives when we experienced constant power failure. So will I still go back to Kalima? I will if I miss the scenic view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5 star luxurious contemporary resort nestled on a lush jungle-clad hillside. Home to some of the most beautiful beaches, Phuket island is a tropical haven blessed with perfect sea, sun, sand and liveliness. At Kalima Resort & Spa, located on the picturesque western coastline of Phuket with just minutes from the famous Patong beach, 190 exquisite contemporary architectural style rooms and villas welcome you along with 220-degree panoramic view of Patong bay and endless horizon of Andaman sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, Southall Travel, TravelUp and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kalima Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalima Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand