“Do it again”

85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Do it again”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been here before. Just keeps getting beter and better. Similar to the first Simon Show Spectacular in Patong. This one at the Tesco Lotus intersection in Samkong has one thing better than Patong, . . . much more parking at the back. I would go back time and time again and I take all my visiting friends there too.

2 Thank Graham M

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Don't get your picture taken”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We have seen the Simon show on previous visits to Phuket and decide to see this Cabaret show.
We arrive at the show right on time so we cannot comment on what goes on before the show but like other reviewers said the costumes were torn and tattered and the lip-syncing was terrible.
When the show is finishes you have to go through the performers to get to your transport and the "Girls" grab you and try to get you to take a photo with them.
There is a sign that said 40 baht which is reasonable but when I walked up to one to get a photo another one joined in and they both put my hands on their chests.
When I offered then the money they said they want more because my hand was on their chest, when I opened my wallet they tried to take a 1000 baht out of it.
I ended up paying 500 baht just the get away, as they were getting aggressive toward me and my wife but then the other one wanted the same but I said get it off the other one and walked away.
I will not be recommending this show to any of my friends who travel to Phuket regularly.

8 Thank Stevebargo
Bengaluru, India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 316 helpful votes
“Colorful.. grand.. but didnt make sense!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

went to this place based on our hotel owner recommendation, I wouldnt say its bad.. but not the best either..for the price you pay. hotel pick up/drop is prompt. show starts on time.. but then it just goes on & on without any head /tail.. some of the performers are good & talented.. but the background dancers look tired of doing the same routine .. and they look really really bored!.. Its really impossible to believe that the performers are lady boys, incredibly well dressed & well presented. Post the show, all the performers run outside for photo.. and this is where its gets fun/ny!..if you are just standing by & taking their pic, one/two of them will pull you out of the crowd & ask you to take pic with them.. & they pose brilliantly.. just when you are happy abt these pics, they come asking for 100 baht * no. of performers who stood with you!!!!!!!!.. so if you wanted to take pic with 5 of them.. be ready to pay 500 baht!.. so be careful when you taking a pic with your favorite performer if 4-5 others join you there.. ! you know what I mean.. but end of the day.. its just for fun & some good memories..

Visited November 2013
4 Thank shree81
Aberdeen
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Amazing Costumes”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wow, what can you say..... the costumes are amazing and really shine through in the show. There are some funny parts to the show that are meant to be funny then there are funny parts that you are laughing as the dancing and miming is sooooooo bad!! some of the backing dancers just looked like they didn't want to be there, it was as though they had been picked off the street and stuck on the stage.

It was a good night out and the hour passed quickly. I wouldn't be in a hurry to see it again, however I'm glad I've gone. It is frustrating that you are not allowed to take any pictures and if I'm honest the most annoying part is the fact they have stewards shining torches on areas where people have taken out there cameras.

Just before the show there was a people practically throwing themselves through the door pushing and shoving, was pretty pathetic since everyone had tickets with specific seat numbers so there was no rush. We just left them to it and went to the bar for a drink.

I noticed a previous post that states that it's not really for children, however there was a few kids there on the night we went. I wouldn't hesitate to take the kids there as there was nothing exciting happening that you couldn't have the kids there.

Vancouver, BC
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great costumes and fun entertainment”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I visited Aphrodite for the first time in November. I found the costumes and performances to be very good. The ladyboys did a great job of dancing and performing.
You are not allowed to take pictures during the show, but after the show a few of the performers will try to get you to have pictures taken with them - if you pay them!
From Patong Beach it is quite a drive to the theatre but the pick you up and drive you back after the show. Since the drivers are rushing to get you to the theatre it is an exciting ride up and over the hill! The lobby of the theatre is not arranged very well, and if you are going to the second show there are not a lot of seats to sit on while you are waiting and the 'pub' atmosphere is rather drab. Everyone can get a free cup of water at the bar.
An entertaining show, but quite a drive from Patong Beach.

Visited November 2013