“Absolument excellent”

Phuket Gay Homestay - Neramit Hill
Ranked #18 of 523 Kathu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I'm just back from Phuket, and I've passed there 6 nights (I had reserved for only 2 nights...) Ulf, Boy and Tong consider you more than a friend than a client... I was really a guest there, using the house facilities (pool and arm chairs, a lot of towels, living room with TV and a lot of gay themes movies, and adorable outdoor tables for breakfast included....) the outside is very quiet and you may rent a scooter for 5€ a day directly there.. I miss the people I met there and the home too... Really want to go back soon! Alain

Room Tip: D room is the less expensive with an external bathroom. All the others are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Alain P

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Call me naïve but I had no idea what a "Homestay" was. I had stayed in the Paradise complex on my previous two visits to Phuket, and liked the idea of staying out of town. A friend had recommended Boy and Ulf's place and said I would get the peace and quiet my overworked brain and body needed. He was right, and now I know that a homestay is exactly what it says on the tin. A real home from home. Everyone is treated as part of the extended family, and the lovely Tong is always about to help you. "We are having a takeaway tonight if you want to join us." and "We are watching a film together tonight about 8 pm if you are staying home." My first stay was short. Only 9 days. If I confess I am now booked up to spend 17 days there for Christmas 2013 and 2013/2014 New Year, then you get the picture. Two guests arrived after midnight due to their flight being delayed and were really surprised to find Boy and Ulf sitting around the pool area waiting to greet them. Did I mention the pool party every Saturday evening? Assisted by the never to be forgotten "Rob" the evening is a great way to meet lots of tourists and locals. If you want bright lights and a 5 star hotel, then go stay at Kamala Beach. If you want to good value for money and a real home to stay for a while, this is for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peww2004
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We have been here 2 weeks and have 2 more to go. Ulf, Boy, and Tong have made us feel like family. This place is the best if you want to be near the action in Patong, but also want to retreat from the beach and the noise to a sunny pool and a comfortable, quiet home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steven_in_China
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed here at Phuket Gay Homestay before and chose it for our Thai wedding party because of it's friendly owners, Ulf and Boy, peaceful yet convenient location, between Patong and Phuket Town, the quality of the accommodation and the well kept pool and grounds. We booked all five rooms for the event so our families could stay with us and we were left free to do whatever we wanted for our wedding. Some of my family stayed there for two weeks and said they could not have wished for a better place to stay. The rooms are very clean and more than adequate with extremely comfortable beds. The pool is a reasonable size and meticulously maintained. You can enjoy breakfast in the Sala which is constructed over a large pond with a waterfall. Oh, and Tong, the houseboy, is most helpful even making you an excellent breakfast at any time of the day, if you wish. Our wedding day turned out perfect, in the morning we took five minute stroll to a simple temple alongside a stream in the forest for a blessing from the monks. Late afternoon into the evening our party at the homestay with fifty guests went perfectly. A big thanks to Ulf, Boy and Tong for allowing us the run of the place. I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone wanting a lovely place to stay and if you are looking for a place to hold a select event in Phuket, do speak with the owners.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This 5 deluxe bedroom home is owned by Ulf, the sweetest Swedish man in Phuket. Only 10 min away from Patton Beach and Phuket Town on the hills looking over all the mountains in the middle of nature. This place have its own kitchen and house boy who will cook for you, do your laundry and will help ya with any concerns. It also has a salt water pool looking over the mountains. You have a kitchen and beverages available to you with an honesty box that you just put in for what you take, just love that they trust their guest. On Saturdays they have a pool BBQ where all the locals come and celebrate. Met sooooo many amazing sweet local thai people and other professionals that own buss there in Phuket but from all parts of the world that were always kind and offered any assistance if needed anything. Some of the locals will take me all over to go shopping, sight seeing, dinner, etc... Constantly having dinners with owner, his partner Boy (amazing thai boy that was always there when I needed something) and other locals. They even have motor bikes to take to go see the island. If you need a taxi, Tam will take care of you, wait for ya and help ya with the locals who dont speak English, which now a friend. A true excellent experience. It was like being with family and friends the whole time. Met sooo many amazing beautiful people and had the most fun. If ever in Phuket, check this place out, a paradise in the hills that you will not regret. Thank you Ulf and Boy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank luna1968
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This Place is great. You close to Patong, ( about 15min. with Motorbike), close to Phuket Town. The place is quiet and has everything you need.
Ulf and Boy and there employee Thong are so awesome and helpful.
We love the pool and the nice room we had. The breakfast was more then enough. Orangejust, Coffee or Tea, Toast with Jam, Eggs, Bacon Sausages. What do you want more?
We recommend this Guesthouse, you will never regret it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dontob
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Ulf & Boy are perfect hosts and provide a personal service that I have never experienced before.

The rooms are well thought out and have all you need for the price you pay. Their relaxed approach means you can enjoy your stay without being controlled time restraints that you get in larger establishments. If you want your breakfast in the afternoon as that is when you got up then that is what you will get!

It is situated outside of Paying so is quiet but close enough for you to still be able to enjoy the nightlife and then get away to peace and quiet when you want to sleep.

Hope to return again soon.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Trevor C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathu
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 334 in Patong
Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel

Been to Phuket Gay Homestay - Neramit Hill? Share your experiences!