“My Island Home”

Ranked #17 of 502 Kathu B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“My Island Home”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This is a unique little B and B with the added charm of 'staying at a friends house' concept with the owners Ulf and Boy.
Ulf is the consummate host. Happy, friendly and obliging.. I found myself very much at ease and comfortable.. The rooms are spacious and clean. The aircon excellent. The infinity type pool large, crystal and inviting..I think I had the best room though, in the loft upstairs..my own private entrance, balcony and refrigerator. Comfortable twin bed configuration.
Mr Tong - my breakfast and BBQ 'chef de excellence' - made me very happy even down to
little things like remembering how I take my coffee. Thank you Tong.
I quickly made good friends with the other guests and together we enjoyed some outings and the famous Saturday night Pool Party!
I hired a scooter from the hotel and rode myself silly exploring the island. Great value for 200BHT per day. I can recommend Ulfs hospitality and knowledge. A great place and my island home away from home!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank davidaspley

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in this terrific all gay home stay in March 2014 and we were totally pleased with everything from how were were taken care of by the delightful hosts (Ulf and Boy) who really makes you feel like home although away. The home stay is located in the mountains of Neramit Hill which is only 15 minutes away from the beaches and Patong or Phuket town so it is in a really convenient location. It's resides in a very quiet and calm neighborhood and has a secluded and very nice mosaic pool where you can work on your tan. The rooms are of high quality and have AC and very comfortable beds. They serve a great tasting breakfast and for other meals there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. You can also rent motorcycles for a low price nearby which makes it easy to get around. On Saturdays the home stay hosts a famous pool party in where a lot of the Phuket gay community and visitors attend (so prepare for some crazy fun indeed) and they serve great buffet food it is all in all a very friendly atmosphere and at an affordable price. We will for sure come back and stay with Ulf and Boy for sure as we were totally pleased with the villa and the stay and we highly recommend this hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark I
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the home stay for 1 week in March 2013. A peaceful oasis not far from Patong Beach.
Ulf was helpful and accommodating to all requests. Missed the pool party which I hope to attend one day.
I do suggest you rent bikes or a car if you like to be mobile.
Would be great for a large group of friends travelling together.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cram8888
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 January 2014

If you want to spend your holiday at a nice place you should book your weeks at this homestay. The service provided by the owners Ulf and Boy is outstanding. You can have breakfast (by the house butler Tong) almost any time of day and the pool is a nice add-on after breakfast if you like swimming.

If you want to go to night life in Patong they help you get a good taxi to take you over the mountain. If you prefer staying "at home" you can check the big selection of movies or play good music.
Every Saturday they have a very popular BBQ dinner (Men Only) with guests from all over the world. Between 17.00-22.00 the party goes on with a good selection of good food, drinks and nice people. Of course guests bring their swim trousers for this event!

Wanting to explore Phuket? Ulf can arrange many things for you. Just ask him, Boy or Tong.

This is the best place for everyone except the Paradise-Complex-Part-Animal. Book your stay at their homepage http://www.phuketgayhomestay.com/ or give them a call. You will not regret it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gelGoE
SanFrancisco
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have stayed at Ulf's establishment for over 14 years. Two years ago Ulf downsized from a 25 room hotel to a 5 Bedroom Villa. Service in his prior establishment was excellent but the service he can offer in this Five bedroom pool Villa is by far superb. Every detail from the ability to rent motorbikes, to food ordered from the local restaurant delivered here is so easy. There are over 200 movies programed on the big screen, Ulf has thought of everything. Ulf often says "I'm not a 5 star hotel but I give 5 star service". He needs to be corrected; His service is 5 star as well as his facility. The pool is fabulous and the Saturday Pool party/all you can eat and drink is the best time that you will remember forever. I have reviewed this facility last year and I have to say you can see from the other reviews I am now far off. Come stay, have a good time. My only worry is that it will get too popular and I won't be able to get a room. That is why, before I leave tomorrow I will book for next year!!!

Brian Russo

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, the one has a shared bathroom and the other has a private Balcony with two b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank brussosf
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was there for some of the time that Andy was. Met great travelers and locals. Thanks Ulf, Boy and Tong for your hospitality. Saturday night BBQ was great. I met many locals who later took me out in Patong.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank prb0072
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Amazing accommodation, beautiful people who run the villa. Missing Ulf, Boy, Tong since coming home to the UK. Not to leave out a mention to Tam.
Everyone is very knowledgeable and has good links with what and where to go. There are so many things to write about but would take too long.
Me and my mate stayed for almost 3 weeks, met great people staying at the villa and i got the relaxation i craved from my busy working life.
I have always thought never to return somewhere twice as the world is a big place and love travel but i am already planning in my mind to return here as there were no negatives.

If your looking for a relaxing time, you wont find better value for money and a great position to visit Patong and Phuket Town without the hustle and bustle intruding or the feel of staying in a generic hotel complex or luxury resort only geared to cater to Honeymooners.

I always like to keep an eye out for more family run style places and this is how your made to feel, one of the family. They hold a great pool party and had the luck to enjoy 3. Plenty of info regarding excursions and local places of interest, good restaurant in walking distance and close to convenience stores such as your 7/11 and local pharmacies and ATM access.

Loads more i could add but all i can finish to say is don't think twice if you discover this villa - BOOK IT. It is with good reason all the other reviews score so high, more than deserved.

ANDY & MIKE

Room Tip: All the rooms are of good size, i stayed in the room without en suite as originally booked solo whic...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends