All reviews pool party other guests swedish owner busy patong patong area rooms are nice wonderful stay spent nights hosts motorbike phuket taxi expats
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Ahh Asian hospitality.....Ulf (Swedish owner)...nothing too much trouble...I arrived grumpy and fatigued from scary taxi and cramped flight to a beaming smile and a welcome experienced once before in 2014..As last time, very clean rooms,informative brief on Breakfast ,amenities and what's on offer in immediate surrounds. After checking in hang out by the pool and chat with already relaxed guests..its soo nice here..Breakfasts are filing,healthy and are consumed on a floating platform with goldfish in abundance below..great location for access to Patong and Phuket town...I will return..

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nIGEL m
gaypatong, Owner at Phuket Gay Homestay - Neramit Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thanks Nigel. We hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 28 July 2017

So I had the extreme pleasure of staying with Ulf and Boy at their gorgeous home several weeks ago in Phuket. I was traveling through many places in south Asia and when I was booking time in Thailand, I wasn't sure where to go. I looked at many different places and didn't know the best places in Phuket - I had heard about the touristy spots and didn't really want to be in the middle of all of the craziness but also didn't want to be isolated either. I ran across this listing and loved the idea of having locals who could help me with steering me in the right direction.

I will say that finding this place is a bit tricky with local taxis and Grab drivers. Now that I know where it is I wouldn't have a problem, but a word of advice if you are like me and have no idea where I was going, make sure you have the address and even a printed map if you can. I was a traveler without WiFi access and couldn't access this off my phone so I was a bit in the dark.

Once I found this place though and walked inside I knew instantly that I had lucked into an amazing oasis. Ulf and Boy could not have been kinder and more welcoming to me. I had been traveling for 3 weeks by this point and the idea of settling into a "home" where I could feel comfortable was exactly what I needed. The room was large and spacious and I instantly moved in. I was overlooking the pool where I spent lots of time - it was so peaceful and quiet. I felt like it was my own house and the boys made me feel that way.

Ulf went out of his way several times to not only show me around, but point me where to go, introduce me to many locals, and join me for dinner. I so appreciated his kindness, openness, and respect. He is genuinely interested in his guests and this comes across. He treats you as if you were family who has come home. I was sick for a couple of days and I am so grateful that had this retreat to get better.

There is a bar that is open at all times - pay as you go (and I spent some money here...) It was amazing to just swim in the pool with a cocktail in hand. Sometimes guests would join me but I was often on my own and felt completely comfortable being naked or just doing my own thing.

Ulf arranged for a driver to take me all over the island which was great to have my lay of the land. He also has motorbikes for rent if you need them although he made sure that anyone who is renting has a license and is safe. I was happy to pay someone else for that as they made me a bit nervous! It was an easy ride over the hill to the hot spots in Patong and Ulf took a group of us the first night to give us the lay of the land.

I honestly had no intention of staying a long time but after the first night I paid for the rest of the week! I just kept my things here while I traveled to Ko Phi Phi and some other islands. I felt this home was my home away from home.

I also loved the fact that this house was a bit away from everything. Personally, I loved the little town of Kathu (?) - I love an authentic experience when I travel and I felt that this town offered exactly that. I loved walking to the market, down to the local restaurant, and just around this little community. Much more of a reflection of what rural Thai life is like than the resort hotel world.

I can't say enough about this place. I will always return to visit Ulf and Boy and stay with them whenever I visit. When I travel, I love to see sights but more than anything I like to get a feel of what life is like in the places that I visit. I feel like I left with not only a great stay, but meeting wonderful friends and a glimpse into daily life in Thailand.

Thank you Ulf and Boy for making my trip such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I loved room A - right by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank danphil2671
Reviewed 22 July 2017

These guys know how to treat their guests. The place is cozy and it feels like a bubble out of busy Patong. Surrounded by local business in an area of local people. Their activities are brilliant and they want to make sure that you are making the most of your stay. The swimming pool is one of the best assets of this place and the communal areas make so easy to interact with other guests/travellers. Rooms are nice. The toilets have all been renovated and the atmosphere is just perfect!
I strongly recommend this accommodation to almost everyone. PS: Thanks for those lovely breakfast, you can feel love in every coffee or toast!!!

Room Tip: Any! Swimming pool views ones are perfect. The ones at the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caveroco
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We spent 6 nights at Phuket Gay Homestay. The hosts Ulf and Boy were friendly and welcoming. After checking in Ulf offered to take us on a drive around to show us the eating spots and Patong area so we could get our bearings which was great. We hired a motorbike from Ulf which we used to get around Phuket. We had "Room A" which is the large room next to the pool (which is clothing optional if you wish). It had a king size bed, light and airy room with high ceiling and a very efficient aircon. We were there on the Saturday night whIch the homestay have a pool party where locals and expats come for drinks and a BBQ dinner and join the fun around the pool and steam room. It was a great atmosphere with some good house music until the party finishes at around 10pm. Breakfast in the morning was pleasant sitting under a gazebo surrounded by gold fish. Ulf does a good cooked breakfast each morning. Thanks very much Ulf and Boy

Room Tip: Room A and B are on ground level and look over the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike-n-Peter
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Homestay is a very nice place for relaxing. Small quiet guesthouse beside the crowd.
Ulf and boy are caring very much. Thanks again to you.
Will come back soon for another nice time at Phuket.
Sunday partys are very great.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends