“Perfect way to spend time in phuket”
Review of Phuket Photo Tours

Phuket Photo Tours
Ranked #38 of 58 Tours in Kathu
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing & Photography.Sightseeing tours in Phuket accompanied by a professional photographer who guides you at the visited places and gives you tips and advice to achieve great pictures.
Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Perfect way to spend time in phuket”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is my 3rd photography tour, one in Edinburgh, New York and now this one. Each one has a unique aspect and I learn something different each time. Isabelle is a charming guide, immediately we got on well and seemed more like a friend than a guide. she gave me choices in what I wanted out of the day and it's a great opportunity to consolidate what you know and ask " stupid" questions without embarrassment. Do it, it's worth it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 20pence
Isabelle D, Owner at Phuket Photo Tours, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Graham,

I hope that you are well back in Australia!
I would like to thank you for your kind review and for all your kind words.

I had a very good time and it was extremely rewarding to answer all your (not!) "stupid" questions.
Indeed, we are passionate about showing the most interesting and intimate places of Phuket and even more passionate about sharing any photographic knowledge so that people can go back home with great pictures that will remind them of the beauty of Phuket.

I wish you a lot of other great pictures around the world.

All the best,

Bahrain
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I am an avid amateur photographer and I only go on holidays to take photos. I particularly don't like 'other tourists' being in my photos and I hate going on tour with a big crowd of people. Thank god for Phuket Photo Tours! We took 3 tours with them and I wish there was a company like this is every country I visit. The maximum number of 'clients' would be 4 so the personal service is very high on the list. Our guide Isabelle was great and knows the island well. She knows how to maximize your time to get the most out of the trip. She takes you to places off the beaten track that a large tour bus would not take you, so it really felt like we were experiencing something unique and personal. You can't put a value on a local who knows how to navigate the country. You are at the mercy of the weather and you will have to adapt your schedule and planned activities no matter what and having a small group and a local showing you around is critical at those times. We were quite lucky with the weather but the one day when the heavens opened, we took shelter and waited and discussed the alternatives. I opted for Phuket Botanical Gardens which was not on the schedule but the rain had relented and the photo opportunities at the gardens, especially as it had been raining, were fantastic. On another day Isabelle took us to the Gypsy Sea Village which is very off the beaten track and not a tourist in sight, it was great and the Gypsy children were very accommodating with photos as long as you have a bag of candy to give them. On another trip we just happened to pass a baby elephant, not scheduled for the trip but nevertheless we stopped and yet more photos for me to enjoy. Deciding initially what tour to sign up for was made easier by Phuket Photos Tours as they have a clear and easy to use website. There are a range of tours to choose from and plenty of options on offer to customise it to suit your taste. Once you've chosen and signed up they are in touch with you to welcome you and answer any questions you might have, and provide info on things you might need specific to your chosen tour. Replies are always quick, informative and polite. Nothing is too much trouble. I wholeheartedly recommend Phuket Photo Tours to get you around the best way they know how... with a smile.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank shoptilludrop007
Isabelle D, Owner at Phuket Photo Tours, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Jackie,

I would like to thank you for this enthusiastic review but, most of all, I would like to thank you for having understood so well the philosophy behind Phuket Photo Tours!

Indeed, your understanding of what we are trying to achieve at Phuket Photo Tours is our best advertisement.
You have said it all:
Yes, we are trying to be as flexible as possible so that people can get the best pictures possible to remember their holidays.
Of course, we understand that not only keen photographers, but most tourists nowadays, don't want to just follow the crowds.
And indeed, we are trying to offer Phuket's visitors a true insight of the Phuket which is only possible if you are prepared to stray away from the beaten tracks.

I hope that you got pictures that will tell about Phuket the way you saw it and I wish you all the best for all your future travels and all the pictures to go with them.

Best regards,

San Francisco, California
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“A Special Way to Experience Phuket”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

In this era of digital photography, travelers want to see and experience a destination through their own eyes and to create visual memories to last a lifetime. Phuket Photo Tours gives a photographer of any skill level access to capture sights that the ordinary tourist would find difficult on a standard tour. Imagine visiting and taking photos of charming children at a fishing village; checking out a fresh market where locals shop for native produce, seafood and other provisions; and being guided to the best spot at Phromthep Cape to capture the sunset. Special requests are accommodated, and there's no rush when you find something special to shoot. It's all tailored for the avid or serious photographer. There's no better way to experience Phuket. Best of all, I returned home with some great photos.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank David L
Isabelle D, Owner at Phuket Photo Tours, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear David,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review, I am so pleased that you seem to have enjoyed your tour as much as I did!

Indeed, we try to wander away from the beaten tracks to offer a inside insight of Phuket.
And we try to do this keeping in mind the needs of avid photographers.
Nothing is more important to us that getting that picture that will tell a whole story about your travel to Phuket.

I am so pleased that you brought back home some great photos, it makes it all worth it!

I wish you plenty more travels, discoveries and great food shots...

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phuket Photo Tours - Great experience!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The thing I love the most when traveling is meeting the local people, try to communicate with them despite the language barrier.
So when I found Phuket Photo Tours website offering a tour where you can photograph and meet the local people, I just jumped on the opportunity!
And indeed, they offer a totally different approach to sightseeing.
We went to a little sea people village and we were the only westerners - not a tourist in sight. Bliss.
Even if I didn't get too great shots, it was an enriching experience...
Thank you so much Phuket Photo Tours.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nathalie H
Isabelle D, Owner at Phuket Photo Tours, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Nathalie,

Many thanks for your kind review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your tour with us.
We try to give visitors a different approach to Phuket's points of interest and it is always encouraging to see that people appreciate what we are trying to achieve.

I wish you some more great travels...