“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The kids loved hugging the tigers. Apparently they are all bred in captivity - they came from tigers who were sent from CHina 40 years ago, and all the new cubs are born in the park. They lloked well cared for, and the handlers were very attentive to the animals

1 Thank mcgowan_elizabeth

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mighty Tigers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you want a fantastic experience then the tiger kingdom is the place to visit where you really can not only get up close to the cats but also touch them and have a photo memory of the event.

It is well worth your time to pay a little extra to see all the tigers e.g. from cubs to adults. You will also be amazed at the high standard of care and facility these animals are enjoying also the high level of supervision and security for your health and safety is comforting.

If you decide just to look from a viewing platform then there is no fee.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“tiger kingdom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The fairly new facility was very well run and laid out. The animals appear to be well looked after. The experience was amazing. the big cats are a must

Gold Coast
254 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,312 helpful votes
“Awesome Day !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been to Phuket now 3 times and always resisted going here because of all the rumours of the tigers being doped- or drugged out, so I did ask around a fair bit, and from what I was told, and also at the park, is that they are all raised from babies- doesn't explain the placid nature but I know if you are raising something and play with it everyday from a baby- all animals, they become used to human contact. Also they have the little sticks which would be useless if they actually wanted to attack someone. They also have electrical fencing around some areas, they have signs on every enclosure and also tell you what you can and cant do to with them. I cant believe the a previous comment where no information is given, I was told ages, names and how long till each one moved on to the next cage etc,
I didn't choose the buffet lunch as I also thought 400bht is a bit steep, but did get the full package with all the tigers , and a photos, and even bought some shirts etc. It was one of the most memorable days of my holiday and would recommend it to everyone- my friend who came was scared , but after what I told him and showed the pics he was disappointed he didn't join me . Go early as it gets very busy after 10am.

4 Thank mynewlifeistravel
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Enjoyable!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Got a taxi from Kata beach to Tiger Kingdom which took around 30 minutes. My girlfriend and I made sure we arrived early as we had heard that the attraction gets very busy around mid morning. The taxi dropped us off at 9.30am and the place was empty which allowed us to choose our package and then go straight in with the Tigers.

We went for the third package which allowed you to go in with the Big, small and smallest tigers which cost 2300 THB per person and also paid an extra 500 THB for a photographer.

I found the staff at the Small and Smallest cages to be very welcoming but the staff at the large enclosure were quite rude.

In total you get around 10 minutes in the cage for your money. My girlfriend and I took turns posing with the tigers while taking photographs before swapping.
My girlfriend was very anxious and nervous before going into the cages but the smallest/small
Tigers soon put her to ease as they are slightly bigger than a domestic cat. It proved to be a great experience and the staff DID take photographs of you with your own iphones/camera.

The big cats were all very active and we went into an enclosure where there were 4 Tigers in total. A proffesional photographer accompanied us and took some
Very good photos. The problem was that there were quite a few other couples in the enclosure somwe had to wait for them to finish taking photos before it was our time. It did not feel as though we got our full time with the big cats. Received around 30-40 photographs on a CD for our moeny.

Upon exiting the enclosure with the big cats a female toursit did get scratched on her leg by a baby tiger as they were very playful and active. It did not look like the lady was in too much discomfort but i suppose humans are not really supposed to interact with tigers in the natural world.

I also rubbed my shoulder against a wired fence and got electrocuted -
My own fault!!!

Well worth a visit but make sure you go early!

1 Thank DJ M