“Very poor”

Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I know phuket well and I'm always happy to try new restaurants, so I gave la Boucherie a try. Being on soi sansabai means it's not going to be the quietest location, so you expect the food to make up for that. Unfortunately it didn't. I ordered the maxi entrecôte - 450gm and whilst I know that cut can be fatty, I reckon close to half of my dish was fat and gristle. The meat part was average, really average, and wasn't helped by the fact that it tasted as if it had been cooked in old oil which left a horrible taste in the mouth. The dauphinois potatoes were ok, and the salad and bread was as weak as the steak.

Whilst the idea is a good one, unless the steak that is served is of a good quality, then it's pointless. The service was ok - the 2 girls were very polite, the guys just sat on a chair looking bored. It wasn't exactly cheap either.

Very disappointing.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Matt B

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great steak”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We went to la boucherie specialy for the steak . Wow we where not disapointed with the tenderlion or the striploin .
Nice staff and high quality suroundings .
Also they had a great selection of deserts .
Will be back again when we are in Patong .