“NIce Setting”

Price range: US$4 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food was great and we ate all local food. Seafood was fresh and the staffs were very friendly. Good to have this ont he island.

There are newer reviews for Bon Island Restaurant

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent hours on this beach and it felt like minutes.. The views are stunning, the water great for swimming and snorkeling and the beach is very clean.. It was a privilege to spend time here and I make it a life's ambition to go again.. I don't normally quote people in these reviews, but Dawn (the owner of the bar/restaurant) was brilliant.. There was a wedding ceremony on the day we visited and although she had more than normal to cope with was friendly, introduced herself to me and my wife as we arrived, explained what was what and left us to it.. For a small bar with no mains water or power, the choice of drinks and food were great, we did not eat here, but what we saw looked good.. Not 5 star silver service as one visitor seemed to expect, but good quality, honest food and drink at reasonable prices.. The 'Terrible' reviewer on here must have a strange perception of what to expect on an island with no mains water or power. 5 star restaurant it is not, nor does it pretend to be, nor would it be needed.. Dawn, you are doing a great job, offering friendly, polite and unobtrusive service on a beautiful island.. Thank You

2  Thank Richard M
Dawn_in_Phuket, Owner at Bon Island Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi Richard
I don't normally respond to reviews but wanted to reply to you. I'll be honest and say I can't remember exactly who you are as I get so many visitors, but just want to say thank you for a kind and honest review.
I hope to see you back again at Bon Island again one day!
Regards
Dawn

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a beautiful island .
The restaurant should be ashamed of themselves for not making more of an effort . The food is ok, but half of the chairs and tables are broken a big let down .
I would like to say to the owner that people not only want a clean beach but also a clean restaurant .
Good luck for the future

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Took the Longtail boat from Rawai, amazing day, Dawn gave us a very warm welcome, the food was lovely - would recommend the garlic prawns! Great spot for a good day out! Make sure you travel according to tide! You may gave to wade through the sea, which was fun but might not suit everyone.

2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After some poor weather over the last few weeks we decided to take a trip to Bon Island (situated just of Rawai - Southern Phuket).

There are many Longtails operating from Rawai (also more distant beaches; Kata, Karon Chalong etc) so barter and you may get a reduction. We paid 800bt return, offset this by going with a group of friends, the price is the same.

Dawn greeted us on arrival at the beach then briefed us on activities and facilities. Having lived here for many years she's very knowledgeable of the area & happy to share information.

GO HERE if you just want to 'get away' - you will not be disappointed.

Bon has a charm of it's own with; cool shady areas, clean amenities (staff remove debris left by previous tides regularly), safe swimming and a Rustic 'no frills' experience.

The food and service was excellent, if you enjoy Som Tum(tam), they have a variation adding Apple & Peanuts, I've never had this before and is now my favourite! We also had Garlic Prawns, Kapow Gai Kai Dow Lat Kow. All supplies are purchased fresh from the markets and brought with her every morning.

DONT GO if you expect; pristine ironed tablecloths, WiFi, Champagne, powerpoint for your laptop or battery charger.

Check tide times access can be difficult on low tides, or call Dawn in advance to check & book, as another reviewer commented "go early" and have the place to yourself for a couple of hours and feel like a Castaway.

1  Thank AoNangDiver