“Healing place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Vancouver, Canada
“Healing place to stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We loved that you could do yoga every morning and use the gym at Serenity down the beach. The view is breathtaking being right on the ocean. It was wonderful to watch the kite surfers while relaxing in the sun. The food was awesome especially the raw food delights such as the raw chocolate desert, the maca smoothies, and the ginger and tamarind cooler. The staff were friendly and helpful. The spa treatments went above and beyond the normal. We had the chance to do a foot bath that detoxes your body and an ultrasonic zapper session that removes viruses and toxins electronically. We also loved the Christmas Eve dinner with all the decorations, live music and festive atmosphere. To go to a swimming beach we got a taxi to Kata Noi one day and to Nai Harn another day--only 15 minutes. We'd definitely come back and do the whole detox program at Atamanjai.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
We are blessed to have people like you stay with us. it is truly a pleasure to mingle with the guests having a good time; especially when the staff went beyond the norm to decorate and provide everyone with a good time.

Here's looking forward to your next stay with us and doing the de-tox program.

Best regards.
STARR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I found this place on tripadvisor. I only went for dinner and I didn't stay at the hotel.

I really enjoyed the burger and fries I ordered. I also had a beer with dinner which added to the yumminess of the burger!

My next trip I had a burrito and margarita which wasn't as good as the burger and beer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
While we really can't take credit for the awesome view, we do appreciate your comments. Come again.

Best,
Canberra
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I went to Friendship beach so that I may be situated where the detox clinic is. This is my second time at the detox but first for the accommodation. Firstly, the detox clinic, Atmanjai, is simply an awesome place to clean your system of whatever Western vices you may accumulated over time. I fully recommend Atmanjai and encourage anyone interested in improving one's health to learn more of what they do via YouTube.
The accommodation, however, though okay, is not worth the price tag attached. I would expect to pay half what I did pay. Granted they had, or said there was only one room left, I was forced to stay on the best room in the place. It was not what I would think of as the best, far from it. Again, it was nice, but far from the price tag. There were a few other incidentals that "irked" me but these can be found in all but the very best hotels, or those run with true care, from top to bottom. By the way, the beach is unable to be enjoyed, the tides show it to be unfavourable and it can be quite dirty, it is used as a local thoroughfare.
I will re-iterate, the detox is life-giving/saving, fully endorse, but perhaps you are better to stay at an alternative hotel and taxi-in each day for the treatment.

Room Tip: pool or sea facing rooms, otherwise you're at the mercy of the car-park.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Happy that you enjoyed the de-tox center, Atmanjai, and were attuned to the benefits thereof. During the 'high-high' season our booking company adjusts the rates depending on the occupancy, just like the airlines and we do the best we can to accommodate everyone.

Be well,
Grimaud, France
Reviewed 27 December 2013

From the moment I arrived to my departure, Jay at the reception has been more than gracious along with her colleague Ron. The room was clean, spacious and the bed very comfortable. the whole experience has been just positive and friendly. Had a delicious cocktail and dinner and later met Charlie, the Chef, a very interesting person from New York. Liked the Christmas decoration by the pool. It's a very relaxing and laid back place to stay, with great beaches nearby, especially Nai Harn. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality and who wants to be away from the noise and pollution! A true "gem"! I will return for sure!

Room Tip: I was in a room on the first floor and it had a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for the good feelings you generate. It was lovely to have had you with us and we do look forward to seeing you again.

Pleasing a world traveler like yourself is not always easy. Your comments especially are welcome.

Blessings,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The only redeeming value of Friendship Beach is its proximity to a beautiful beach, and perhaps the friendliness of the manager himself, Starr, and the American chef, Charlie.

During our extended stay at Friendship Beach Resort, we were riddled with constant maintenance problems that the maintenance staff were either unwilling or unable to solve. Loose plumbing & fixtures, hot water heaters in the showers that only worked intermittently, toilets that brought in as much sediment as they flushed out (sometimes more), unstable cable/satellite connection to most of the only 4 or 5 channels they have in English, spotty internet connection apparently due to an overwhelmed internal network badly in need of upgrading.

The housekeeping staff kept promising to leave us extra towels but never did. The wait staff at the restaurant were completely incapable of fulfilling simple requests such as bringing us an extra glass when we'd order room service.

All of this and more we were able to have for a price on par with some of the most expensive five-star hotels we've ever stayed in! The worst part is that in spite of several "chats" with the staff and management, even though they were all very pleasant to speak with, nothing ever changed.

There are much better places to stay in very close to Friendship Beach that are a far better value! After seeing what a nightmare Friendship Beach was going to be, we quickly found a far better deal right down the road at a much nicer facility!

Friendship Beach Resort has the raw potential to be much more than it is. It is truly a disappointment that the ownership and management don't appear to be motivated to do anything to improve.

This was a miserable experience for us. Whatever you do, avoid Friendship Beach like the plague!

Room Tip: Don't choose one at Friendship Beach at all!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard S
StarrFriendshipBeach, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Look at the review above this one and look at the review below this one and you will see that something is amiss.
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed for many years, and always for six weeks. I love to enjoy my morning coffee at beach side watching all the touristboats gong to the different Islands. I just love the chrew. They are very friendly and helpsome. Charley makes exellent food. I love the quiet of this place. I am counting my days, only nine left until I leave for Friendship. Looking forward seeing all of You.

Love from Vigdis

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
StarrFriendshipBeach, Owner at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
We know who you are. The lady who sits for hours every day by the seaside with a smile on her face. It is so wonderful to have people like you visit us and bathe in the atmosphere we have created. You make our hearts sing - it is our pleasure to experience your good nature and up beat attitude. If only the world had more people like you.

Thank you for your kind and wonderful accolades. We will try to treat you like a queen like we do all our guests.

Blessings,
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We came to the hotel for food as we were told the food was good and you can use the pool. We have been twice in a week now and have had both Thai and English food from the menu and are happy to say both dishes where delicious. The view is lovely looking onto the sea and boats, the staff are friendly and very helpful, I especially like the fact that they played with my 4 year old daughter so entertained her for a while and also made sure my 5 month old baby was entertained whilst we ate our food. Excellent.
I haven't stayed here but defo an option if we come back.

The Mills family

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank LozwillyMills
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks for you positive review. As you noticed, we have a large menu catering to vegetarian, vegan, meat lovers and Thai. It takes a lot of work to keep it all together with exceptional quality and it is people like you who make it all worthwhile.

Best regards,
STARR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao Beach Resort

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!