“Atmanjai week at Friendship Beach”

Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have just come back from a week at Friendship Beach whilst doing a fasting and detox week at the Atmanjai Wellness centre there. I stayed in a beachfront twin room which had a great view of the islands and the sea at high tide just a metre away from the end of my patio area. The room was clean and well kept and as one of the recently refurbished rooms it was well appointed with nice accessories. clean linen and had a reasonable bathroom. Friendship beach has a great view onto the islands and has a very pleasant ambience to it. The restaurant and seating area has a very nice feel about it especially at night time. The staff are extremely polite and friendly. The menu has a great mix of standard dishes together with healthy and raw food choices for those guests who are staying and doing a detox. The longer I stayed the more I felt at home (I am a 45 year old Mum of two and travelled alone for my detox week and did not feel uncomfortable at all there). The only possible criticisms I could level were that there werent quite enough sunbeds around the pool area in truth and the beach area I gather is generally not that great in this area.

Spending a week doing the UltraCleanse programme at Atmanjai was quite an experience - it lived up to everything I was expecting and more. The centre has a pleasant, natural Thai feel to it and the staff are extremely warm and welcoming. Every time I walked in I was greeted with smiles and support. Michael and the team at Atmanjai offer a collection of experiences you can tap into to turn a detox week into a week of life-changing experiences if you care to seek them out. My week was pretty amazing, and I came home having had some insipirational moments and with lots of new ideas about my life, health and wellbeing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Jane,
Thank you very much for your email and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your week of detox at Atmanjai.
We have well noted your comment about the number of sunbeds around the pool and have already ordered some additional ones.
Best regards, Urs - Management

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked this place last minute at the airport just before getting on a flight to phucket and it was worth every penny. We stayed for 4 nights and loved it so much we extended for two more mights. We got there late but they were very helpfull with the showing us to our room. The room was Very spacy. Bigger than i expected. Tv with cable wifi fridge and clean bathroom . We liked it. If i booked earlyer i would take the ones with ocean view. Next time (:
We were very tired and even tho we slept in the staff were cute enough to serve us our inuded breakfast at 1 aclock. How sweet! The staff and service are amazing they are always helpfull and have great energy and sense of humor!
And we were addicted to the resteraunt at the hotel. We ate more there than anywere alse. Healthy and delicious! The chef is the nicest guy ever. We were hungryy at 10 at night wich is after the kitchen closes and offerd to make us some pizzas wich were insanely good. We had the pizzas again before we left. Highly recommend this dish. The breaded chicken is awsome and the brownies is hothothit! Super good. Great chef And yummy food.
The pool has a great vibe . Nice for chillin and tanning. Very relaxed beautifull view.
All in all its not to pricy. Great resort for getaway and peacefull visit in phucket! Loved it!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Yehudabb
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you very much for your great review and i will certainly pass on your compliments to our team!
With best regards, Urs - Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2014

After much deliberation we decided to hold our wedding here on 6 January and I'm so glad we did, I couldn't have asked for any more or been any happier.

After staying elsewhere in Rawai, we decided to stay for 5 nights before the wedding. Our room was excellent, a great size, very clean and very comfortable. The hotel was very accommodating in allowing me to remain in the room for most of the day even after check out in order to get ready for the wedding.

Trying to organise a wedding by email is stressful in itself but all of my queries were answered quickly and efficiently by Charlie and the end result was absolutely fantastic - the food, the set up and the fireworks were all truly amazing. We really did have the best day of our lives!

Every time we have eaten here the food has been amazing, and every member of staff we encountered provided excellent customer service every time and most importantly were friendly.

We enjoyed it here so much that we stayed for 2 more nights on the way back from Malaysia and again everything was fantastic.

In short, this is a great place to stay; very relaxing, great food and above all great staff. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Pool facing or sea view have great balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate D
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

It was a great pleasure for us to have your wedding here. Anytime the bride's mother is satisfied it means that things went well. Ant to receive an "excellent" is special.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. They mean a lot to all the staff who who really "get into" events like this and do their best to be accommodating.

Blessings,
STARR.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We've recently stayed here and were so impressed with everything! We were planning on just staying one night before we went over to the islands. However we extended our stay for 3 more nights it was so good!
The staff were so helpful and friendly. Genuinely would be happy to help with anything you needed!
The food was literally incredible! We tried something different each night and was amazing everytime! I would actually fly all the way back to Thailand just to go for food at this place! The drinks were great too! Had a whole range of smoothies, coolers and shakes.
The accomodation was clean and really nice. We stayed in the room that opened up onto the beach. Well worth the price. Incredible stay and would recomend it to anyone!
The beach isn't the nicest when the sea is out, but has a great pool for when it is. And a superb view when the sea is in!
Go stay there!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Naomirthomas
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Anyone who would fly to Thailand just to eat at our restaurant says it all. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Blessings to you,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Friendship – aptly named as the staff there are just that. The room was very comfortable and kept spotless throughout the entire ten days spent there.

The main reason for staying at the Friendship was my daughter had chosen this venue for her wedding. I cannot express enough my thanks to the management and staff for making this day so very special and enjoyable, not only for my daughter, but also for the guests. The organisation of the event was admirable. The food was faultless, as it was throughout my stay there, and much commented on by the guests. My daughter spent a few days at Friendship prior to her wedding and enjoyed her stay so much she and her husband are returning after their honeymoon to spend their final two days before departing to the UK.

Starr, you are a credit to your profession and may I wish you and your staff every success for the future. For what started out as a retirement interest has certainly flourished into a hotel to be proud of. The teamwork is second to none. It was a day which, when asked by friends and colleagues at home, I can only describe as "faultless and a day I could only dream of for my daughter and which came true". Very many thanks – I hope to be back!

Elaine B

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Your praise is heartwarming. We truly appreciate your comments and it is gratifying to know that you were well pleased. We put a lot of effort into making your celebration a special one and the staff thoroughly enjoyed participating in making it a reality and went out of their way to be accommodating by working extra hours - joyfully and with great pleasure. It is special events like this that gets us out of the normal hum-drum routine. What a gratifying experience for us all.

Blessings to you,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

thank you Jay for your patience and found my laundry ! you are great and also the guy at reception ( i dont know his name..). Jay made everything easy for us, organise a trip to the beach ( the beach at the hotel is not the best..). We were there on a kite surf tour but even without the kite option it is a great place to stay. The food is fresh and excellent and this is so rare in most of the resorts..People are nice, we felt at home , it is a very nice and clean place, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
StarrFriendshipBeach, General Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

When anyone recommends us highly, we must be doing something right. Thank you for that comment. We are pleased when you are pleased. And as to Jay, what can I say, she is most accommodating and sincerely loves our guests. She makes them a part of our family.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed there 7 days with a family of 4 early january 2014. This is a very nice hotel on rawai beach.we liked the atmosphere, the size of the bedrooms, the quality of the food, the smile of Jay.
We did not like the showers (bad system with very small watter flow) and the fact that some staff had limited understanding of english which made comunication difficult.
But overall very relaxing place, well maintained and very friendly staff. We do recomend.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric P

Thank you for your recommendation. Because of conservation of water, we do not recommend a strong water flow for showers. There is ample water and a steady flow but, because this is an island and there are many resorts, we are asked to conserve.

Glad that you had a good time. We look forward to your next visit.

Best,
STARR

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#12 of 56 in Kata Beach
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!