Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre
The Vijitt Resort Phuket(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$162
Agoda.com
THE NAI HARN(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$187
Sunsuri Phuket(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$103
Agoda.com
The Windmill Phuket Hotel(Nai Harn)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$59
US$214
US$183
Agoda.com
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$71
Ya Nui Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$34
Navatara Phuket Resort(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$54
US$223
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Modern Thai Villa(Rawai)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$80
  • Restaurant
All reviewsultra cleansedetox programbali stylemorning yogabeachfront roomraw foodbeach frontamazing experiencekite surfinglife changing experiencecooking classnice beachprivate beachbig buddhathai massagerelaxing stayoutdoor shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I staid almost 2.5 months in this relaxed and very pretty resort, and will certainly return again.

The very pretty and tranquil setting, friendly staff, and tasty quality food meant I just couldn't leave!

Peacefully located right on Friendship Beach, away from the traffic, yet only a 5 minute drive from Rawai and Chalong.

Impeccably clean and well maintained with a beautiful pool, bar and restaurant serving a wide variety (Western, Thai & 'healthy options') of quality dishes at good prices. Guests can also access the adjacent Atmanjai wellness centre (yoga, steam, gym, detox, etc).

There's a variety of rooms suitable for singles, couples, families and small groups, all air-conditioned, well maintained, some with kitchen facilities, and all with room service.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and have a high standard of English, Jay in particular is exceptionally professional, efficient and always wears a lovely smile :)

My only complaint was that the internet was often very slow, though I understand that this is to be upgraded soon.

There's not many places that I can happily stay in the one place, but Friendship Beach was a wonderful experience and look forward to my return.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leunig99
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review and compliments.
We are indeed working on upgrading some of the technical facilities at the hotel including the internet.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Where do I start? I am so happy to have had our wedding this June at Friendship Beach Resort. From the begining it was so easy and refreshing to deal with Charlie via email. Gee was amazing at helping with all the wedding preparations and quoting also. Jay was amazing at doing all the accomodation bookings for all my guests, really it was very easy to organise.

When I got to Phuket I was greated with very friendly staff who were eager to help with any query. We had a few meetings before the day with the staff who would be organising the day. It was very easy and a not so stressful time. The room was lovely overlooking the beach and they set up a cot for my 1 year old son before I had got there with a mosquito net over the top.

The food was amazing Charlie and the other chefs do an amazing job! TRY THE RIBS THEY ARE AMAZING! The cocktails were very well made too, best magarita I could find in Phuket.

The day of the wedding was perfect, we had picked the perfect day, luckily it didnt rain, instead it was a warm sunny day and no wind! The whole event went off without a hitch! The set up was amazing the food was amazing the service was amazing the staff are amazing! Maxime was in charge of the bar set up and staff there was ample drinks available, Charlie orgainised the buffet which was a hit, Gee was in charge of the set up and making sure that everything was going to plan and she did the most amazing job. Monty, Anoong, Dream, and the other staff were fantastic. The Flower arrangements were fantastic, exactly what I was picturing in my head. The Band really put us in the mood after the ceremony.

We had a firedance and firelanterns which I would highly recommend doing on your day. I could go on forever about how amazing and happy I am with how everything turned out but I will stop now lol. I definately recommend Friendship Beach Resort if you want a laid back, friendly, easy wedding experience. And I will be coming back one day to do a detox.... I think I need one after all the partying from the wedding.

Overall I am very happy with my stay with you, and very well priced also! Thank you Friendship Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are very spacious, The jaccuzi rooms have an outside bathroom which is lovely but there are mosquitos. I was very impressed for the price of what we got.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dee,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding and stay at Friendship Beach!
We do hope to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having just completed an 8 day Ultra Cleanse at Atmanjai I have been telling anyone who will listen about the brilliant program and fantastic staff. The Atmanjai Family were so supportive, accommodating and friendly, it really did feel like a family atmosphere.
I had looked at a few wellness centres in Thailand but I kept coming back to the Atmanjai website mostly due to the exceptional video testimonials and I am so very glad that I did.
I enjoyed waking up each day to meet the other wellness clients and get started with a morning yoga class. From there the day just got better and better. If you have come to trip advisor to see if Atmanjai is for you then my resounding answer would be Yes, Yes, Yes. I found the detox to be not just physical but a wonderfully emotional and spiritual journey for me which I think was largely due to the fact that you are in a safe, stress free place that allows you to think. I can't not thank the team enough for being so supportive, informative and helpful. I know I will return again and I will recommend the program to many.
The Friendship Beach Resort is a lovely cozy hotel. The pool is lovely but the star of the resort is the food by Chef Charlie and his team. I have never tasted such delicious "raw" dishes before. Of course I didn't get to eat too much as I was on detox but the few dishes I had were amazing. I have worked in 5 star hotels for the best part of 15 years and the food I had there far exceeded many of the award winning hotel restaurants I have worked with. I also took the Raw Cooking class and was thrilled to be able to recreate some of the dishes on my return.
Initially I stayed on the beach front which was nice and to see that spectacular sunrise each morning was a bonus and a great way to start the day. For the last few nights I moved to the back block and thought the rooms were lovely, fresh, clean and large.
Overall I had a brilliant stay and plan to return again some day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank umlaith

Thank you so much for your nice and detailed reviews.
We are happy to hear that the detox at Atmanjai has helped you to improve your halth and well-being. Sincerely, Urs - Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The pool is very clean, we are here six persons, we ate lunch here, I ordered Phad Met Ma Muang price 150bath. But I had to pay 275bath because you have to mix the chicken with,price 85bath and eat with brown rice price 40bath..I thought if I have the money only 150bath, how can I do? Why they don't show the total price 275bath not 150bath I wonder!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vongphachanh

Thank you very much for your review.
Our fried rice on the menu is advertised in a plain version with the option to add chicken or shrimps at an additional charge.
This is clearly shown on the menu.
We are sorry to hear that you were not aware of this when reading the menu.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife join me in our first ever Detox Program. We were apprehensive but was soon put to ease by the care and quality of the staff members at Atmanjai led by Michael. It was a discovery session for us and definitely help us in our quest to make some lifestyle changes. I enjoy the simple and country setting that the Resort is built around. It is homely and offer a lot of simple opportunities to rest and relax. Definitely would make a return trip.

Room Tip: Manage your expectation for the price that you are paying!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AhKwang
Urs A, Manager at Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review and we are certainly happy to hear that you enjoyed your detox and wellness program at Atmanjai!
Sincerely, Urs - Management