“SCUBA level fun with SNUBA”

Aloha Ocean Adventures
Ranked #5 of 49 Tours in Rawai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The little extra, the unexpected and surprising - Aloha Diving! In our family-operated Dive Center in Rawai you will not be treated like a number. With individual attention and customised planning, we make your long awaited holidays in Phuket as relaxed as possible. In our diving school you enjoy first-class service in a private environment at a special location. Our services include: To conduct all diving activities such as Boat Trips, Diving from the Beach by day and night and Liveaboards. To teach Try Scuba Diving, Beginner and Continuing Diving Courses, Extended Range Courses up to Divemasters. To dive with Rebreathers and to teach Try Rebreather, Beginner and Continuing recreational Rebreather Courses. To organize quality snorkeling and sightseeing excursions. To consult and plan diving vacations (accommodation, diving packages, etc.).
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 November 2012

No dive experience needed!!!

Picked this over regular scuba to avoid all the certification work etc. Matt and his team are fantastic. We had a pick up from our hotel and they briefed is on all the safety requirements. There were constant stream of snacks and food provided on the tour. The dive spots it self were quite isolated and had a rich aqua life. Matt and his team were very patient and helpful with my sister who was having trouble with breathing correctly underwater. The feeding the fishes part was very cool. They also take pictures and send you the dvd with a fish chart which I though was neat.

On the whole must do, if you are too scared to SCUBA/ cant for any other logistical reason.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"awesome dive"
"friendly crew"

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and I travelled to Phuket for a family holiday with our kids (7 and 10) over 2 months ago. I contacted Matt at Aloha Ocean Adventures on the recommendation of a friend and was extremely happy that I did so. Even though, due to rough weather, we didn't end up going out on Matt's boat (he is safety conscious first and foremost), he basically acted as our tour guide for the rest of our stay - arranging a van and driver for us and recommending restaurants and tourist locations to visit. Later in our trip, he even arranged for us to go on a group charter on a larger vessel (with 40 other people unfortunately!) - supplying us us with snorkling equipment from his own boat (which was better gear) and met us at the wharf both upon our departure and return - just to make sure that we had an ok time! To top it off, he attempted to hand me back the cash difference between the cost of the larger group charter, versus the deposit I had paid for the private charter - needless to say, I refused to accept any kind of refund, which would not have gone half way to covering the cost of the hire of his snorkling gear and his time and effort in making sure our stay in Phuket was a pleasant one! My family and I can't wait to get back to Phuket (in the peak boating season) and try out Matt's boat first hand!

1  Thank JVH73
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The guide was good,staff was good,boat was good..timing and transpory from hotel was excellent.there were some young guys at our service bus and they were young and hangover..loud and slang words.we said we didnt want to be at the same boat with them and they easily changed it.
Thebthing i didnt like was we were travelling 6 or 7 boats all together so all the activities were together.so beaches were all crowded.120-140 people at the same time at a small beach..i wouldnt go with them again..but other things were nice including food.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This was one of our favorite things we did on our family holiday.

We wanted a Phi Phi tour that was nice and wouldn't break the bank and we got a lot more than we expected. Matt arranged for us to be on a new speedboat with a nice group and the day was first class from start to finish. We were collected at our resort on time and brought to the boat marina where we had some coffee before leaving for Phi Phi. The day at Phi Phi was nothing short of amazing. There was plenty of time for us to enjoy each place we stopped and the guide and captain were always helping and making it a really fun day for both us and our kids. We loved Maya Bay and our children's favorite was Bamboo Island making sandcastles.

Everything was provided for. We had drinks, fruit, and a nice lunch, snorkeling gear and a fun entertaining guide.

A big thank you to Matt for making this a great day for our family. He even gave us a group discount miking the tour a very good price.

1  Thank Jung K
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is our first visit to Phuket and we stayed at Karon Beach, a bit further out and away from Pattong. Our 14 yr old son really wanted to try scuba and so we had a hunt around and found Aloha Ocean Adventures on the net.

Matthew and his crew gave us a top day, notwithstanding that the weather was a bit iffy (early July, very wet). A van collected us from our resort right on time and we were taken to a small but very tidy coffee shop for a hello, some paperwork and a complimentary coffee. This was good coffee by the way - I am partial to a cappuccino with a squirt of caramel and I haven't easily been able to find such a brew here in Thailand - until now. Hey, it's a cup of coffee but it was a nice touch!

We had another family of four with us on our day out, they were South African and had two lads, 10 and 12. All the lads did the SNUBA activity which is SCUBA, except with the air tank on a float trailing behind you, allowing the user to go no deeper than 7 metres. As an intro to SCUBA kids I thought it was great. of course now my son wants to do a full SCUBA course which I am expected to pay for!!!

The snorkelling sites were gat, lots of fish and we were given banana to feed the fish. Strange sounding I know but the tropical fish went crazy for it. The lunch was really nice and the day included morning and afternoon tea. My wife tends to get a bit seasick (and this was no exception) but even she loved the day.

I found Matt's communication with us was really good. He backed up e-mail (which can be a bit on and off here) with a fax to our hotel. Payment via PayPal was dead easy. And one of the crew had a special underwater camera and took lots of pics. Cost of the DVD was 1500 Baht and Matt gets that dropped off at the resort by courier a day or two later.

Overall, a top day that was very easy to enjoy. There are a lot of snorkelling providers in Phuket, this one is a smaller one but the ease of communication made Aloha well worth it. Thanks Matt (cause I know you read these entries).

1  Thank Haydn M