We (Hubby, my toddler son and I) stayed here from the 20th of February 2013 to the 27th of February 2013.
I was a bit annoyed when we got there because I had advised them months beforehand that we would need a cot and we would be early so since I had a toddler if we could please have an early check in which did not happen. Also when we got to our villa I had to ring to ask for the cot.
I was very worried for my toddler regarding the garden area in between the villa gate and the villa front door, but sides of the fenced area had breaks between the villa and the fence that was big enough for my son to get through and very steep, I kept envisioning him falling through and breaking his leg or worse.
The babysitter service is excellent that you can book (1 days notice) at the front desk. In Feb 2013 it was only 200 (plus 10% service charge and on top of that 7% vat tax) Thai Baht an hour (just under $10 NZD - approx $8 USD) during the day, it would have been double for late evening/ overnight time period. They were great with our son.
The staff were very nice and very polite, even when a very stressed tired mummy (me) got a bit stressed about losing water bottles that we must have left in the taxi from the other resort we were at - they were very patient with me and supplied us extra water (for free) to accommodate my toddler needing drinking water for his powdered milk.
They have shuttles going around the resort (what seemed constantly) for guests who wanted to hope on to get to their villas - every so often we used this service as after shopping trying to find places outside the resort to eat etc the sloping nature of the resort was a bit too much to bare carrying a toddler and bags. (The resort food is great, but on the high priced side which is worth it, but if we ate there the whole time it would have been too expensive for us)
If you like seafood and can afford a bit of a spurge, try the crayfish meal and probably more so try the King Prawn meal, also the Salmon sandwich was very good too.
The view from our deck, the bedroom, the bath and the shower were just beautiful and I am a very modest person, but the the way the shower and bath windows are positioned I did not feel exposed with the windows open.
My toddler got 6 star attention, I don't think he really knew how to take all the attention :-), but the staff were all just lovely towards him.
The pool at the Kids Klub in the Rotunda has a toddler pool and a sloping pool with sun beds, great when you have children. The main pool has 2 pools long enough to be very long lap pools but came to the height of my knee which my toddler also liked.
Summary - Not a resort for people who what to walk out to bars and shops. This resort is excellent if you are able bodied, It would be almost impossible if you are in a wheel chair. I would recommend the type of room we stayed in - delux villa with a sea view. The service is excellent, the baby sitting service is excellent, the staff are lovely people, the food divine.
Please view my pictures for more info on what I have written.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket is a romantic retreat where peace and tranquility soothe the soul with breathtaking natural scenery all around. The landscaped grounds at this Phuket hotel are simply beautiful with tall palms and expansive lawns gently sloping towards the stunning view of Friendship Beach.The elegant villas at this beachfront hotel in Phuket are contemporary style inspired by local design and materials. Many of the private villas include their own pool and all enjoy magnificent views of calm blue waters of Chalong Bay. This serene and secluded Phuket resort is perfect for couples and families seeking a holiday in paradise where warm Thai hospitality awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vijitt Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Hotel Phuket
- Vijitt Hotel Rawai
- The Vijitt Resort Phuket Rawai