“Wow”

Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Rawai
Auckland, New Zealand
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

We (Hubby, my toddler son and I) stayed here from the 20th of February 2013 to the 27th of February 2013.

I was a bit annoyed when we got there because I had advised them months beforehand that we would need a cot and we would be early so since I had a toddler if we could please have an early check in which did not happen. Also when we got to our villa I had to ring to ask for the cot.

I was very worried for my toddler regarding the garden area in between the villa gate and the villa front door, but sides of the fenced area had breaks between the villa and the fence that was big enough for my son to get through and very steep, I kept envisioning him falling through and breaking his leg or worse.

The babysitter service is excellent that you can book (1 days notice) at the front desk. In Feb 2013 it was only 200 (plus 10% service charge and on top of that 7% vat tax) Thai Baht an hour (just under $10 NZD - approx $8 USD) during the day, it would have been double for late evening/ overnight time period. They were great with our son.

The staff were very nice and very polite, even when a very stressed tired mummy (me) got a bit stressed about losing water bottles that we must have left in the taxi from the other resort we were at - they were very patient with me and supplied us extra water (for free) to accommodate my toddler needing drinking water for his powdered milk.

They have shuttles going around the resort (what seemed constantly) for guests who wanted to hope on to get to their villas - every so often we used this service as after shopping trying to find places outside the resort to eat etc the sloping nature of the resort was a bit too much to bare carrying a toddler and bags. (The resort food is great, but on the high priced side which is worth it, but if we ate there the whole time it would have been too expensive for us)

If you like seafood and can afford a bit of a spurge, try the crayfish meal and probably more so try the King Prawn meal, also the Salmon sandwich was very good too.

The view from our deck, the bedroom, the bath and the shower were just beautiful and I am a very modest person, but the the way the shower and bath windows are positioned I did not feel exposed with the windows open.

My toddler got 6 star attention, I don't think he really knew how to take all the attention :-), but the staff were all just lovely towards him.

The pool at the Kids Klub in the Rotunda has a toddler pool and a sloping pool with sun beds, great when you have children. The main pool has 2 pools long enough to be very long lap pools but came to the height of my knee which my toddler also liked.

Summary - Not a resort for people who what to walk out to bars and shops. This resort is excellent if you are able bodied, It would be almost impossible if you are in a wheel chair. I would recommend the type of room we stayed in - delux villa with a sea view. The service is excellent, the baby sitting service is excellent, the staff are lovely people, the food divine.

Please view my pictures for more info on what I have written.

Room Tip: I would recommend the type of room we stayed in - delux villa with a sea view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suzeq2b
Peerawut K, Front Office Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Suzeq2b,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing review about The Vijitt Resort. I will certainly share this information with our department heads and members, who take great pride in providing the best services to our guests. We, very much look forward to welcoming you and family to your home away from home again soon.

With my best wishes,
Peerawut Kunchorn (Chris)
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

as honeymooners, after enjoying outdoor activities we were looking for a quiet relaxing time, and for that vijitt resort was chosen, the service is really good, friendly staff, i have tried the spa several times and it was amazing experience with great view, I also had a new hair cut, the infinity pool is amazing, the beach is not for swimming. however, it provided a great view, the outdoor showers provides a new experience along with privacy. we totally recommend staying there if you are looking to relax and spend few days in the resort. it is a little bit far from phuket and other attractions, that is why it was perfect for us as we spent the first part of the honeymoon moving around and having outdoor activities all day and wanted to relax a little bit.

Room Tip: beach front villa number 6 for sure, it is close to the infinity pool however, not the closest one...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear AMAA_2012,

Thank you for your review. My team and I are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay for the special "Honeymoon" trip with us and we certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future soon.

With my best regards,
Peerawut Kunchorn
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Our terrible experience at this resort prompted me to begin submitting reviews on Tripadvisor! We chose this resort based on the good reviews it received. Needless to say we were very disappointed. There is absolutely no quality control here.

The resort, which boasts a "self-awarded" 5 star rating, price gouged us upon check-out to the tune of approx. $500USD (or approx. 10% of our bill), as their exchange rate is much lower than anywhere else in Phuket. Watch the rates!

The resort looks nothing like the online photos! The service staff is the only thing this resort has going for it. Although they hardly speak english, the majority of them go out of their way to provide great service and should be commended for their efforts.

Our 14-day stay here started with rodent droppings in the bed. Housekeeping was called to change the bed, which they did promptly, however the duvet cover had nothing in it! The beds are hard. Rock hard! Upon check-in they tell you if the bed is too hard to let them know so they could fix it. We did...twice. Each time they came and added an extra blanket under the sheet for padding. Ultimately this does little to help. My husband said the lounger cushions on the balcony were more comfortable! There were dirty footprints on the walls near the ceiling, as if someone had walked up the entryway going to the bathtub area. Complimentary bottled water is provided, but the mini bar items are expensive. There were loose boards on the balcony and in the outdoor shower area. If you shower early in the morning or evening, be prepared to shower with the mosquitos! There are plenty of them in the outdoor shower area. The grounds are not manicured as one would expect. The "beach" here is gross! There is run-off from sewer lines eroding the beach. The water in the bay is a murky greenish-brown and that's when it's not low tide. There are not enough loungers by the pool, approx. 30 loungers for a resort of over 90 villas, and they are not comfortable. There are a couple dozen more loungers down by the "beach" if you want to sunbathe there. During our stay we only saw kite-boarders in the water. The signs throughout the resort are barely readable during the day as the paint is worn off, so you might as well forget it at night, because the pathways are poorly lit. They do provide flashlights in each villa, however ours did not work. We had to call maintenance a couple of times for minor issues in the villa, which was a nuisance, but they did respond and fix things promptly.

One morning at breakfast our server was obnoxious! He was babbling, rude and apparently under the influence. My husband asked him to leave and this individual continued to carry on, then flopped down next to me and picked up my tea cup and drank from it! We were appalled and got up and left, heading directly to the lobby to bring this to the attention of the management. The manager on duty (Chris) stared blankly at us as we explained what happened. The manager then offered to have breakfast brought to our villa, which we declined. Later that evening, after investigating the situation, the manager called us and apologized for the incident with the server, offering us complimentary massages, which we politely declined. Apparently some other guests sitting near us brought the situation to the attention of management as well.

We stayed in a Seaview villa (#24). The view was beautiful, however if I'd known it was up the hill from the restaurants, pool, lobby, etc. I would not have chosen it. We've stayed at large resorts before and walking around them is not a problem. It's the uphill walking. After eating at the restaurants we had to climb 76 steps (yes, I counted them!), or a steep hill equivalent to, on the return to our villa. Be aware of this and request a villa closer to the facilities if you're not up for the walk. The resort does have golf carts, and if you're lucky you can hop a ride up the hill if you see one or you can call the front desk and wait.

The one memorable thing about this resort was the Thai restaurant, The Baan Vijitt. We ate there at least four nights and the food was always fresh, delicious and not overpriced, and the service staff there was superb! The Savoury is the other restaurant onsite where you can order off of a menu or choose the buffet. The buffet offers different theme nights, i.e., International, Thai, or seafood, all of which we found to be lackluster. The dinner buffet is nothing special and overpriced at $30-$35USD per person. The drinks are overpriced too, but they do offer a happy hour from 5-6 daily. The Savoury is also where the complementary breakfast buffet is served, which was mediocre to say the least. They offered run-of-the-mill breakfast items, fruits, pastries, cold cuts, warm dishes and omelets and waffles to order. Room service was expensive for what you get and is not available after 10pm!

Allow yourself ample time at check-out. We called twice for a cart to carry our bags! It never showed so we proceeded to walk to the lobby and check out, while they sent someone to retrieve our bags. The airport transfer from the airport was great, no problems. The individual that returned us to the airport drove like a maniac, speeding, swerving and slamming on the brakes twice. We were glad to get to the airport in one piece!

For us nothing about this resort was 5 star. Simply put...with so many choices out there it's best to spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 2LonestarTravelers
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear 2lonestar Travelers,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I firstly would like to apologize for the areas in which we fell short of meeting your expectations. We set ourselves high standards and it is clear that we missed some important details in regards to our service delivery and for this I am truly and sincerely sorry.

There are some points that I would like to give further explanation:-
The resort is situated on the east coast and due to the fact, all the hotels and resorts on this site will be tidal beaches and not suit for swim in the sea however the east coast accommodations are still natural and unspoiled areas and also no any motor-water sports around. This is perfect for relaxing and recharge battery. To substitute with the tidal beach we then offer our shuttle bus to go to Nai Harn Beach and also to Coral Island which guests can enjoy with the busy beaches and then back to peach and calm area.

Secondly, the exchange rate for banks and hotels. As a business firms, we all provide the customer with service and convenience for exchange like others countries the exchange for hotels always lower than the banks. We always inform our customers for the exchange rate and if customers accept then we will however for any settlement, the hotel always welcome for any major cards.

Your comments regarding our resort are well received and we are working hard to ensure that the high service standrard does not impact our guest experience.

If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Regards,

Peerawut Kunchorn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I had forgotten to remove my passport, more than USD1,000 and other currencies from an opened safe. I had checked out to move to another resort in Phuket and only realized about it 2 days later. I thought even if I recover my passport, my money would be gone. I called Vijitt to ask about my items. The person who received my call was very professional on handling this issue and called me back in less than 10 minutes to inform me that all my lost items are in good hand. Vijitt had even went to the extend of delivering my lost items to me in less than 1 hour. I counted the money and every single piece of notes are intact! This is the most amazing experience and thank you so much for handling this issue in such a professional manner. I will definitely come back to Vijitt and recommend your resort to everyone that I know. Thank you again for everything!

10 Thank agnes_wyee
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I just spent the last 5 days of our honeymoon at The Vijitt. We absolutely loved everything about it! The food at both restaurants was great, but we especially loved bann (the Thai restaurant). The location was beautiful and convenient for day trips to phiphi and coral island! We adored our Vila! What made the stay totally unforgettable and enjoyable was the staff of the hotel! They do customer service right!!! I hope to be back sometime in the future!

1 Thank Saritainbcn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked into this resort after viewing the photos and reading the reviews. Especially as it was five star...if you are expecting five star you will be disappointed. This was more like 3 stars. It may have been nice when first built but it has not been looked after. The grounds are unkept, grass is not mown, garden beds not looked after. We booked a prime pool villa and were quite horrified! The bed was like a rock, walls were filthy, tv reception was extremely poor, sheets and bed cover were dirty and had holes in them. Curtains were stained, bath was dirty. The outdoor shower was horrible, it was a breeding ground for Mosquitos and the drain did not work properly with the water ending up above your feet which left you wondering what was showering with you. The power points were in terrible condition and would not even run my hair dryer to full power. The glass was all marked with previous people's grime. The downstairs part of the villa was pointless with access via exterior stairs. The indoor shower is located downstairs and was dark and dingy. We ate at the restaurant the first night after a long journey and it was nothing special, we waited quite a while for our drinks even though there was minimal people there. Food was nothing special for the price and we waited 30 mins for our bill then another 15 mins for our change! We booked here for seven nights for our honeymoon and only stayed one. We had to pay a two night cancellation fee but we would have been miserable had we stayed. The resort lacked any atmosphere and was extremely dull. It was like a ghost town even though it was booked out. On departing the buggy kept stopping and we were told it was overheating. Staff spoke minimal English which made it even harder to communicate. Bugs and Mosquitos were in abundance. We left after one night and booked into a resort that actually is five stars. The vijitt need to seriously consider their self awarded five star status as this is false advertising. The pictures on their website give the impression of something luxurious and inviting but when you arrive it is a run down tired resort in need of lots of work and atmosphere. This is not a honeymoon place nor worth the money you pay for it. Avoid and book into something more reputable. On arrival we really were quite shocked as we have travelled considerably and always stay five star which this does not even come close. Thoroughly disappointed and was a very bad start to our first time in Phuket. However our new resort is amazing and exactly what you expect for five stars!!!

8 Thank Jessica R
Peerawut K, Manager at The Vijitt Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
First of all, thank you for your comments while staying at our resort during your recent visit to Phuket.
Since your arrival on 16th February around 3:00 pm, the room which we assigned for you will be the same villa with the customers who supposed to check out at noon.
We got a call from them requesting for late check out due to their child still sleeping. We then determined to allow them to stay one hour longer. The decision was made because we have your flight information and the villa would be free when you reached the hotel.
Our Prime Pool Villa has two stories, one floor with bedroom and the other with sitting and entertain room. The pool is on the top floor. The design for our villa: the roof made of cedar wood with high ceiling and you can see the roof from the bedroom. This is the southern part of Thailand style. The floor made of Terrazzo and some small pieces of pebbles and also with the bamboo rings. The wall also special design, it made from coconut texture together with the lime and apply over cement.
Upon you arrived and the staff checked you in and escorted you to the villa which the booking was made for Prime Pool Villa. The staff was told that the style was not what you expect and would prefer to have a one story villa with pool. We offered to move you in after 2 days because the hotel is fully booked however you did not confirmed and went to the restaurant instead.
After your returned back from the restaurant then you confirmed for staying with us for one night and according to the policy and late cancellation. The hotel charged for one night (not two nights as per your information) because we cannot fill up the hotel to cover your stay.
Your comments are valuable in some area and the department heads have been informed to look in to the areas mentioned and that we will do our best to improve performance.

With my best regards,
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a two week holiday in Thailand. After busy Bangkok and Chiang Mai, the Vijitt Resort was a really lovely experience. The site is beautifulyy landscaped with the villas are screened from each other by palms and banana trees, each one having its own decking with loungers. Our villa was spotless and was serviced daily. The staff run 'golf type' buggies to run guests around the site if needed.
The overriding thing about the Vijitt is the warm and friendly service. Without exception the staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble.
The location is on the quieter side of Phuket, and a daily shuttle will take you to other parts of the island. The sea is tidal so you get the comings and goings of the tide and you can walk for miles either side of the resort. Across the bay you can watch the boats going between the islands.
The breakfast offering was huge and food at lunch and dinner very nicely cooked and presented. Food are drinks did not seem expensive. We did not use the Spa. We would definitely recommend the Vijitt!
John & June Fahy

Room Tip: Choose beachfront if you can but I expect all villas are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
The Slate
The Slate
#1 of 9 in Nai Yang
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,521 reviews

Been to The Vijitt Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!