“The ideal place to relax and enjoy Phuket.”
Review of Smile House

and 1 more site!
Smile House
Ranked #35 of 101 Speciality Lodging in Rawai
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We found Phil and Wendy friendly the rooms were very clean and comfortable, excellent value for money and altogether a wonderful place for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2010

Stayed here for 18 nights in 2008 but only just getting round to writing the review DOH! This place is heaven on earth and Phil and Wendy the owners are salt of the earth, we felt like part of the family, they really make you feel special and go the extra mile which makes Smile House stand out from the rest. The food is resonably priced but not the cheapest around but you know it's fresh and Phil is an excellent chef (loved the freshly caught fish we BBQ'd) It is a little way out from the town and beach but it is so easy to get around and cheap to hire cards or mopeds but be warned the Thais drive like maniacs!! shopping good, loads to do round Rawai, beaches amazing, nai harn beach prob one of the best and it was only 5 or 10 min drive from Smile House. Travel round the island, do the piu piu island boat trip for sure, and go with an open mind and lastly whatever you do don't ring the bell in the bars or be persuaded to get a "Bin" which is a bar tab coz you'll end up spending a fortune while your having fun and not realise (yes we got caught out lol) All in all one of the best holidays we've all had and we hope to return to get married and rent out the whole of Smile House as it the perfect resort in our eyes. Enjoy and send our love to Phil and Wendy they are the nicest couple we've had the pleasure in meeting (oh and wendy's mum!) :o)

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I live in Northern Thailand and made a trip to Phuket Island for a 3 day break. I was recommended to stay at Smile House in Rawai. Upon arrival I was greeted by the two owners, Philip and Wendi. An English couple running this very relaxing resort. The room I stayed in was very clean and all appliances worked. The pool is very inviting, and due to the discreet location, it's very quiet all of the time. No building sites or busy roads nearby. Just friendly local Thai people, who waved and said hello at every opportunity.

The added bonus with Smile House is the outstanding breakfasts, which are served piping hot and within a short time from ordering. The lively banter between the owners and the regular customers is great fun. Many non residents breakfast here, and it's easy to see why. Philip also offers his home made sauces. GB Sauce which shows HP Sauce the way home. It has a great full tangy flavour and I recommend you try it. The next tester is his Chilli Sauce. Appropriately named Ring Burner. He does not lie, and it is a fully loaded Chilli Sauce. Philip hopes to market these fine products and I wish him well.

To summarise, Smile House has everything that you need for a relaxing pleasant stay. Nothing is too much trouble and the urge to extend your stay is strong. The next time I visit Rawai Phuket I will definitely stay at Smile House. Great rooms, excellent pool, quiet surroundings and those knock out breakfasts. Does it for me!

Boris.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2010

On the south end of Phuket, this place was a wonderful surprise. Phil and Wendy are on hand to assist in setting you up with what you need. Taxis, rental cars and scooters, massage, tickets etc... Room rates are very reasonable, cost performance is very high in my opinion.
Very quiet and comfortable, great pool, clean big rooms. The property is off the main road on a very small side road, it really feels secluded. Hop on a scooter, Rawai beach is not far for some really good dinner and views. Need a quick bite? It's a short walk to 7-11. There's also a coffee shop right around the corner.
Overall I had a very nice time. I will be back when I can for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2010

We stayed here for 6 days after 3 weeks of travelling in Laos and Cambodia. The rooms are spotless and perfectly cleaned every day. The resort is located in a quiet area in the south of phuket which for as was a very good thing. You do need transportation for everything you want but for us that was no problem. You can pick a beach every day to go to and there are about 4 different kind of beaches within ten motonike minutes.
The staff is very friendly and gave us lots of great tips to do. If we go back to phuket in the future smile house is our place to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I have been travelling for a year and raiwai was my last stop before returning to England. I stayed at smile resort for nearly a week and can only describe it as great experience. Phil and Wendy who own the resort couldn’t have been better hosts. They were very friendly and nothing i asked was to much trouble for them. All the staff very friendly and my room was cleaned brilliantly every day. The swimming pool was lovely and clean as was the whole resort. Smile resort location is brilliant as it very quiet and peaceful with no one bothering you. Phil certainly knew his way around the kitchen was a very good chef as the food weather it was Thai or western was top class. I also booked a day trip through the resort were I went to many different islands and thanks to Wendy’s expertise I had a day to remember as she recommend the trip to me. Smile resort has everything you need weather you are a family looking for a nice quite break or friends looking for a holiday. I will defiantly be heading back to smile resort in the future. Like I said the best place I stayed in while travelling

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. It was our first time in Thailand and we were not disapointed at all. The main thing about this place is that Philip and Wendy ( the 2 owners) were great. They did everything for us: from the bike booking, to the visits by boat, from the taxi booking to the travel or restaurant advice...and this was always done with a huge smile. We felt like at home. So if you are looking for big resort, it's not the place to go. If you are looking for a calm and peaceful place, away from the awful Patong, in a Thai quarter with friendly people, it's definitely the place to go.
I would also like to add that the 2 ladies working there are so nice and helpful and smily of course. The name of the hotel is well choosen. Everybody will have the smile in this hotel. Try also the Massage, you willhave a brand new body.
I was with 2 friends, but it can be nice for a couple, for a family...as long as you want to enjoy, you will!!!

Thank you Wendy and Philip for this unforgettable stay. Hope to see you soon in Phuket or France why not...Say Hi for us to your 2 great ladies

All the best