“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Rawai
New Delhi, India
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Serenity suites offer the most stunning views of the ocean.The rooms are large,comfortable and very well equipped.I stayed in the 2 bedroom grand sea view suite and I'm not able to get over the fabulous stay!I shall repeat this stay very soon.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Shaurya31
Urs A, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your very nice review and compliments!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Serenity!
Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Blackbutt, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This resort was amazing. Just what I needed after a very busy trip in Bangkok and Patong. Check in was so welcoming, offered a cool cloth and drink and was shown to room and shown all features of room. All staff where very friendly and very professional. Room was a good size, stayed in a "serenity room" thought of upgrading but really only slept in there as spent all my time by the pool. If I was to travel with others then I would definitely book a larger room. All amenities where kept clean constantly through out the day. Breakfast was a great selection. Had an excellent choice for dinner and happy hour was great as all drinks are half price. :)
The pool overlooking the beach and islands was magical to lay around and swim in. I wouldn't swim in the ocean though as did look a bit murky in colour at times. Was so relaxing to lay and watch the boats go past with relaxing music playing.
The day spa "senses" was one of the best spas I have been to and I've been to a few. Yes was a bit dearer than what you would get out on the street. But you get what you pay for. Paid $153 aud for 3 & 1/2 hours of bliss. Very professional and worth every cent. All staff in day spa are so professional and I highly recommend. Sadly I didn't get the name of my beautician, so I hope she can get some recognition for her skills and service provided. I'm sure it will be recorded on my room booking.
My only downside to this trip was it was only for 2 nights. Noise of chairs or furniture being moved upstairs was loud so maybe to put some sort of stopper on chair legs
I am most definitely recommending this resort and most definitely will be back.
Thank you to all staff at "Serenity" for making my first solo trip an unforgettable memory. :)

Room Tip: Maybe upstairs room so not to hear noise from furniture moving
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank shell2171
Urs A, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review and i will certainly pass on your compliments to our team at the spa and everywhere else!
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is beautiful! When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite which was amazing, so spacious. Maid service was brilliant also, she visited twice daily. The beach looked very picturesque however it's not a swimming beach which is the only downside. However the hotel do offer complimentary taxi to a nearby beach which we did and it was lovely to have that opportunity. The hotel also offer a complimentary service to nearby shopping malls which we did on 1 evening and went for food as there was really nice restaurants there. There is also a little convenient store opposite the hotel where we bought a few bits of food to keep in the room. The food in the hotel was amazing, a good range. The hotel is slightly out of the way however whilst on an excursion we drove through Patong bay and we were thanking our lucky starts that we were not close because it looked very seedy. Also because the hotel offers complimentary things and they have good theme nights etc at their own restaurant it didn't bother us at all that we weren't in a huge tourist area. Highly recommended as this was our favourite hotel which we stayed in Thailand.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coltman88
Thank you so much for your review and we are pleased to hear that you had a great time at Serenity and in Phuket!
With best regards, Urs - General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

If you're looking to getaway and not leave the resort, this place is a great oasis. The gym was well sized w towels, water and good equipment choices. Check-in was a relaxing good first impression. We were offered refreshments and our choice of soap scents for our room (a first for us). We upgraded our suite to an ocean view w a roof deck and 2BD, great choice. Great breakfast buffet, restaurant and pool service. I would stay here again and rec this place to friends.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jaycunnings
Dear Jay,
Thank you so much for your nice review!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

superb place for quiet getaway from busy town and city. was there last year May with hubby and my bff + spouse. had a great time!!! the view,room & swim pool was good and clean. i would strongly recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Urs A, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Serenity and for your compliments!
With kind regards, Urs - General Manager
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Serenity was the most beautiful resort we have stayed at or seen in thailand for a decent price. You are situated driving distance from most things but you can rent a scooter from across the street for a great price her neighbour to the right also does hair cuts and massages that are cheap and to die for. Drive down the road to rawai to buy fresh seafood off the beach and have it cooked your way. Ride the windy roads to Nai Harn beach and the beautiful coastal villages, watching the sun set from the mountain and even great elephant trekking in the hills nearby.

The breaky at Serenity is delightful and the pool is amazing as well. Free tropical fruit in your room, delicious coffee, and flowers turned down on your bed.

We will return for sure and so should you on Your next trip to phuket!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crammo85
Thank you ever so much for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Serenity!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am writing this review right in the room of Serenity Resort Phuket (they have free WiFi here). Though it is my first day of my stay here, this is my 3rd time staying here. And as always, this resort never fail to deliver a truly relaxing and wonderful experience that my wife and I enjoy. 3 trips here and we are still mesmerized by the resort says a lot for itself.

Our first trip here was back in April 2012 when we booked a H2O room. We booked their airport transfer service which took us on a 1 hr ride from airport to resort. It's a rather long trip but their SUV is comfortable so it made the transfer quite pleasant, there is also water given on board to quench our thirst. When we got to see the room for the first time, we were really impressed by how huge the room is, with a private pool at the rooftop. The set up of the room made us just want to stay in the room all day long. The breakfast selection was decent. Most memorable was their freshly made to order omelette. We also went for the spa session which is really good and relaxing to refresh ourselves. Took their free shuttle bus down Patong area to explore Phuket. We took the private BBQ dinner on our final night and were really impressed. I would really recommend this private BBQ as they practically bring the entire BBQ and buffet style setup right into the room. Overall, staff were helpful and friendly and we had a really good stay. There is also a buggy service to shuttle guests around the resort. After our first stay, my wife (then gf) and I both knew that we will return to this resort again.

So when I decided to propose to my gf in September 2013, Serenity Resort was the first place that came to my mind, which made the most ideal proposal location ever. While most people would give reviews mainly for the resort rooms and stays, I would like to also give a review here on a lesser mentioned or lesser well-known capability of Serenity. Besides the friendly service staff all around the resort, Serenity also has a capable events team to handle special events. When I emailed Serenity about my intention to hold my marriage proposal here, I was directed to their events department. Mook was the one whom I coordinated with. Organizing something like this was not an easy task, and because I was coordinating something in Phuket from Singapore, it made things even more challenging. I was quite anxious about the outcome. Fortunately, Mook was really patient and helpful and always willing to find ways to accommodate to my requests and she also gave useful suggestions along the way. So after months of refining the plan, she crafted a special custom package for the surprise proposal. It included a special in-room setup for the H2O room, with flower petals arranged all along the room forming a walkway path (the room is big btw), plus numerous other decorations like the bed and bathtub flower arrangements, which turned out so beautiful. Mook also helped arranged for a projector and sound system in the room for me to play my video which I've prepared for my gf. Also, she arranged for a special customised private BBQ with additional romantic setup. A 2 hr spa package was included as a "distraction" so that my gf can relax while the team gets busy to get the room all set up and ready to go.

With the plan all set up before leaving Singapore, when September 2013 came, my gf and I headed to Serenity again. When we arrived at the resort, I had to sneak out to meet up with Mook and Gee (her boss) for the first time to firm up all the arrangements (so if anyone is trying to arrange for surprises, do take note of this and think of a reason to sneak out). It was a quick meeting but they were really efficient so things were settled quickly and it was all set till the proposal day come.

On the actual day of proposal, my gf and I went to the spa as planned. Towards the end, I had to sneak out to take a look at the events team preparation. I was so impressed, there were SO MANY PEOPLE involved till I lost count. There were definitely more than 10 staff, in charge of different areas. There were the AV team setting up the visual and sound equipment, Housekeeping staff doing the flower arrangements and special decorations which I specified earlier on, and also F&B team to set up the special custom private BBQ (special props, lighting and candles to make the rooftop area even more romantic and impressive). They worked so quickly and practically transformed the entire room in a snap. I am really grateful to the entire team to have given all the necessary logistics support that I needed. In fact, I'm quite sure the entire resort staff were pretty much tracking our movements in the resort and coordinating behind the scenes to make things run smoothly (eg. timing of the buggy, timing of resort spa staff, and many other things...). I even spotted Mook posing as a receptionist at the front desk on my way back up to my room for the surprise. The proposal went really smoothly! When my gf saw the full extent of the entire set up, she was really impressed. Most importantly, she said YES!

Thereafter, we were treated to a romantic dinner by the rooftop. It was so romantic with lighting effects, personal chef and waitress and all. All these made up one of the most unique and perfect dinning experience. Food was delicious too, with a good mix of seafood and meat all done to our liking, not forgetting a huge setup for salad bar, and down to the tiny details of the different sauces. So good job too for the F&B team.

Overall, I would like to thank Gee, Mook, and all the people involved in the elaborate setup and planning.

So here I am today (17 April 2014) back at Serenity with my wife. We flew here directly right after our marriage for our honeymoon. Booked the H2O room initially under their romantic package, but was pleasantly given an upgrade to their two bedroom residence, and boy we were really impressed by the room. Just the perfect resort for honeymooners. :)

Serenity has always upheld their service standards and has never failed to impress us and give us surprises every time we come back. Looking forward to enjoying this resort to the fullest :)

Room Tip: Location is far from the buzz, good for relaxing. Go for their suites, value for money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yzqu4n
Thank you so much for your beautiful review and continued support!
its nice to hear that you enjoy your time at Serenity once again and i will certainly pass on your compliments to all our team!
Sincerely, Urs - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,007 reviews

Been to Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket? Share your experiences!