“Overall a good experience to cleanse and renew yourself but some misses...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
Ranked #8 of 93 Speciality Lodging in Rawai
Melbourne
“Overall a good experience to cleanse and renew yourself but some misses...”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

An overall great experience for self-renewal and cleanse. Going in, I was hesitant about the fasting and twice-daily colonics but the staff were great to ease any anxiety I had. The staff at the colonic station are Atsumi's best assets in my opinion. Although it isn't a "nice" thing, the staff were always very friendly, helpful and bubbly and definitely helped to make a sometimes tedious, and unpleasant experience bearable. When we went it was a pretty busy time, and the place was booked out and things became unorganised and did not go as smoothly as it could have been. The resort itself was nice and the accommodation was also comfortable enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mm_travel8
Sophie C, Responsable relations clients at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear M.

We appreciate your positive comments and we thank you to share your feedbacks on TripAdvisor.

It seems that the one item you were unhappy about was the mistakes in the schedule when Atsumi Center was fully booked and we do apologize for the dissatisfaction in regards of this issue.

Be assured that all actions has been taken in order to correct the inconvenience caused when the center is very busy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rawai, Thailand
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This has been my second trip to Atsumi, and wont be the last.
very relaxing atmosphere, and very helpful staff.
A great place to take a little bit of time out, and review the last year, and think of what you would like to achieve / do differently in the coming year.

its well priced (none of the spa's are budget priced after all).
its very relaxing.
I lost a few KG's and gave up smoking. :)

Room Tip: pay a little more, and stay on site.....its more social, and as a general rule, there are some reall...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GregOz2013
Dear G.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi, it is verification that we are doing a good job :-) We really appreciate your positive comments. We look forwards to seeing you again in the future and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.
Cheers
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 December 2013

A wonderful and enriching experience, benefic not only for your body but also for your mind!

The entire team at Atsumi is very friendly and helpful, you will be guided by professionals and motivated by the oasis of inspiration you will find there. They are not only offering very good fasting programs, but also the chance to build / strengthen the awareness about a healthy life style.

I did a 7 days fast, that started with 2 days raw fast, followed by 3 days full fast and ended with 2 days raw fast. I recommend to follow their advices on ‘how to break the fast’ in order to ensure a smooth transition for your digestive system. I felt very good afterwards, renewed in many ways.

It is indeed an ‘invitation to transformation’. No matter what you thrive on, incorporating the things you learn there will without a doubt, make you healthier on the inside out.

Visiting Atsumi is a gift for yourself and I will certainly indulge myself with another one in the future. Thank you all at Atsumi for being as you are!

Ioana

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ioana76
Sophie C, Responsable relations publiques at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Ioana,

Thank you very much for your review, it was an absolute pleasure having you here at Atsumi. I am really happy that you achieve so good results. You did great job here at Atsumi and I congratulate you for your hard work and commitment.

Stay focused and I hope you continue to achieve great health and vitality. Please keep me updated :-)

I look forward to seeing you again next year !

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

A friendly and very professional environment with committed professionals ensuring you achieve a transformation into a brighter future. Do it, for yourself.

I did the full fast program for 5 days and followed it with 2 days on the raw fast. I recommend everyone ends with a raw fast to get the digestive system in order before you leave Atsumi. Unless you are confident of being in control of your diet when you return to whatever you do.

I will do it again, when I feel I need to.

Thank you to all the team at Atsumi, no names to mention in fear of forgetting someone.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sal,

Thank you so much for your comments, I appreciate you taking time to review Atsumi and sharing your experience and advice.

I agree with you. Switching to a full fast to a raw fast at the end of your stay is the best option. It really helps to make the transition before coming back to "real" life ;-) it gives the opportunity to increase your amount of work out, boost your metabolism and balance your weight once you leave Atsumi.

I wish you well on your journey to greater health and vitality and see you next year:-)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed there one week, really enjoyed, got my energy beck. The staff is so nice there. There is a free shuttle to the beach every day. It's best to stay in a Villa accommodation - it's the most convenient .

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank EvitaJoanna
Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate your positive comments and we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay so much.

It was a real pleasure to have you amongst us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

We wish you all the best.

HK
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I can't say enough good things about Atsumi.

The fasting consultants are incredibly knowledgeable, and truly care about your well-being and how your fast is going. The customer service team is friendly and helpful, nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. And the colema girls are an absolute delight, so charming and lovely.

The grounds are beautifully maintained, peaceful and tranquil (bar the nearby construction site, which isn't too noisy, though certainly can be heard from certain parts of the retreat), and are dotted with little huts to read books in and chill out, the accommodation (I stayed in Bamboo House) is clean, comfortable and modern Thai in style, and the colema rooms are immaculate.

I've been twice this year and have loved every minute there, no matter how tough I was finding my fast. I may go back a third time..... I'm determined to look as healthy as Sophie (fasting consultant) does one day!

Wonderful place, wonderful people.

Room Tip: Bamboo House rooms get light as soon as the sun comes up, so don't forget your eye mask if you w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Melinda H
Sophie C, Responsable relations clients at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Melinda,

How lovely of you to write such a wonderful review.

We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.

We're really happy that you had such a great time. And as you could notice every fast experience is different. Your first fast was a little bit tough for you at the beginning but how great you looked at the end of your stay. Your second one you were so full of energy all the time :-) and you know what ? You looked really HEALTHY and I love to see my guests leaving with such a positive energy and looking so good like you were.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you a third time :-)

Wishing you all the best and see you soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect on my 20 day detox holiday, having never done anything like it before. After a lot of internet research, I chose Atsumi. I did a 3 day raw fast on arrival followed by a 10 day full fast and 7 days on raw. While it was definitely not easy (for me) and I struggled over the course of my stay, I can honestly look back and say it was the best thing I could have done for myself and my health. The grounds are lush and tranquil, the staff absolutely fantastic (this includes everyone - from the owner, the fasting consultants, the office staff, the groundsmen, the colema girls, the kitchen, the massage therapists and the outside consultants), the overall program comprehensive and the raw food delicious (I would never have thought fruit and vegetables could be so good and satisfying on their own). The rooms are not luxurious but they are perfectly comfortable. As other guests have said, nothing is too much trouble regardless of your request and you never have to ask twice for something. The staff at Atsumi all understand what you are going through and this supportive attitude makes all the difference as they help you get through it. I lost close to 7kgs, met some lovely people from all over the world, learnt some good tips and reminded myself how to eat and live more mindfully. I have continued to try and eat more raw food and so far, no red meat. I confess I'm back on the coffee though! I will definitely be back (although not for such a long trip - 10 days eating fresh air and psyllium will do me!!) Thank you so much to Anna, Sarah, Gerry, Sophie, Freddie, Toh, the colema girls and everyone else I haven't mentioned by name. I have recommended you to everyone who can see what a difference you have made to my heath! xx

Room Tip: I stayed in Bamboo House - the rooms are spacious and clean. It's a short walk to the reception...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank rachael t
Dear R.

Thank you so much for your review.

We are really happy that you chose to come to Atsumi and that our location, the services that we delivered and every aspect of our retreat met your expectations. As you mentioned, the fasting path can be hard sometimes but what a great feeling of achievement at the end your stay and to feel so healthy and full of energy. We wish you continued success and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The LifeCo Phuket Well-Being Detox Center
Phu NaNa Boutique Hotel
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Palm Garden Resort Phuket
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!