“I love Atsumi!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Atsumi Retreat Healing Center
Ranked #9 of 96 Speciality Lodging in Rawai
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have visited Atsumi several times since 2006 at various stages in my life. It has helped me at times for health or to make a big decision or to help me through a loss. It's where I go for 10 days when I need time out for me. Every time I go it gets better and better. And I always feel so safe, which is very important when detoxing to be in a safe environment. I love Anna the owner and all her staff especially Sophie. The activities are wonderful, the facilities are fantastic and the people you meet often remain friends when you leave. I can't speak highly enough about Atsumi. The proof is that I keep going back! :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kimberley R
Sophie C, Responsable relations clients at Atsumi Retreat Healing Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear K.
Thank you for your lovely feedback. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi to see the ongoing improvements that we are constantly making at the center. We look forward to seeing you again and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Was staying with Atsumi for the first time, the general conditions are quite good.
The most amazing part is the stuff, very lovely and dedicated people.
Have seen many returners and maybe become of them!

Room Tip: Yellow house is cheaper but better than Bamboo!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear T.
Thank you so much for such a nice review. It was a real pleasure to welcome you at Atsumi and we are really pleased that you enjoyed it so much. We wish you well on your journey to greater health and vitality and we will be very happy to welcome you again as a Returning Guest this time.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed there for three weeks and no one missed a beat in terms of service, hospitality and efficiency. Atsumi's programs are very well thought out and the staff is very flexible in attending to your personal needs, choices and any changes that come up. They do it all with a smile and nothing seems like too much trouble. I enjoyed the variety and quality of their exercise program...all fun, interesting, educating and geared towards people who are fasting or moderating their diet during their stay...so it is just challenging enough without being too taxing. Atsumi also offers talks about nutrition and fasting so you really feel like you are getting guidance as you embark on the cleansing programs and have the opportunity to have your questions answered. The extraneous healing modalities and healers they offer outside of the program are high quality and well worth it.....hey, you are there specifically to take care of yourself and create positive change....go for it! The atmosphere is delightful, attractive, tropical and serene. Everything is immaculately clean and the property is well maintained. The accommodations are simple, yet very comfortable. I enjoyed staying in a Villa which is right in the center of things, which made all very convenient. It was such a perfect combination of socializing and time alone ..... you can also participate or not in the activities... no pressure there. One of my favorite aspects of my stay was the opportunity to meet so many interesting people from all over the world. We are all there for a similar experience and that creates an instant bond of sorts. If we needed to foray out into the surrounding area, there would be transportation available on a moment's notice. The closest beach is one of the nicest in the area. Atsumi's location is probably the best, as it is in the South and less crowded. I would suggest staying as long as you can to get the most out of the program. In fact....I was just ready to move in and never leave!

Room Tip: Any of the villas right on the property are the most convenient for participating in the program and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear S.
Thank you so much for such a fantastic and detailed review. We are really happy that you came to Atsumi and that your stay answered your expectations. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you very soon. Cheers.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Normally, I am not the best candidate for this type of accommodation/healing center. Living in Costa Rica in a small beach town with a plethora of Expats, makes one tired and skeptical on new age and "woo woo" personas. I tend to witness a lot of hypocrisy where I live.

However, despite my prejudices, and reservations, I went to Atsumi in an effort to learn more about eating healthier and ways to change eating habits. Having battled different compulsive behaviour over my life makes me well aware that left on my own, I am destined for failure.

My almost 3 weeks at the centre was very pleasant. The staff and management was very committed to what they were doing. You were free to decide what is right for you in what you were looking to accomplish.

It has been 3 months now since my stay. I have learned a lot about food and what I am eating. I have also been able to adjust foods so I am not as hungry and do not feel deprived of tasty food. I am 20lbs lighter and confidently in my new life as a vegetarian. I feel a lot better physically and mentally and have implemented much of what I learned at Atsumi.

All the reservations I had about attending a workshop like this vanished. They made a program that feels personally uncomfortable in the beginning accomplishable. The staff was there to assist whenever needed and helped you with your goals.

Being in the accommodation business myself, I felt they did a great job with all aspects of the stay given the type of experience they were selling.

I will definitely return. I realize that for successful health, it is a lifestyle and not a diet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank colinsito

Dear C.

Warm Greetings from Atsumi :-)

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Atsumi and that all the team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We have no doubt that you are applying what you learnt here to your everyday life and wish you continued success.

And it will be our pleasure to welcome you again at Atsumi.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've visited numerous detox/health healing centres around Thailand, and Atsumi definitely comes out ahead of the rest.
The staff are always courteous, polite and smiling and tremendously knowledgeable and helpful. The meals are delicious, very nutritious and genuinely get the results you desire. I lost 7kg during my 2 week stay, and so inspired was I by the genuine results that I have become a dedicated raw foodie.
Incredibly I am now the raw food chef on a Facebook group called RAW FOOD ASIA with over 8000 members, and I also give public demonstrations of how to prepare raw food meals.
Without the inspiring guidance of the Atsumi staff and the total Atsumi experience, none of this would have been possible for me.

A massive thanks to all at Atsumi for this life changing experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MarieKualaBelait

Dear M.

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedbacks. We appreciate you taking time to review Atsumi.

I am so pleased that you achieved so much during your stay with us, the results are due to your hard work and commitment to a fantastic program - well done! Congratulations to you and good luck for RAW FOOD ASIA. Cheers

Reviewed 26 January 2014

An overall great experience for self-renewal and cleanse. Going in, I was hesitant about the fasting and twice-daily colonics but the staff were great to ease any anxiety I had. The staff at the colonic station are Atsumi's best assets in my opinion. Although it isn't a "nice" thing, the staff were always very friendly, helpful and bubbly and definitely helped to make a sometimes tedious, and unpleasant experience bearable. When we went it was a pretty busy time, and the place was booked out and things became unorganised and did not go as smoothly as it could have been. The resort itself was nice and the accommodation was also comfortable enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mm_travel8

Dear M.

We appreciate your positive comments and we thank you to share your feedbacks on TripAdvisor.

It seems that the one item you were unhappy about was the mistakes in the schedule when Atsumi Center was fully booked and we do apologize for the dissatisfaction in regards of this issue.

Be assured that all actions has been taken in order to correct the inconvenience caused when the center is very busy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This has been my second trip to Atsumi, and wont be the last.
very relaxing atmosphere, and very helpful staff.
A great place to take a little bit of time out, and review the last year, and think of what you would like to achieve / do differently in the coming year.

its well priced (none of the spa's are budget priced after all).
its very relaxing.
I lost a few KG's and gave up smoking. :)

Room Tip: pay a little more, and stay on site.....its more social, and as a general rule, there are some reall...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GregOz2013

Dear G.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We love welcoming returning guests back to Atsumi, it is verification that we are doing a good job :-) We really appreciate your positive comments. We look forwards to seeing you again in the future and we thank you for the loyalty and commitment that you have for our program and retreat.
Cheers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
CC's Hideaway
Navatara Phuket Resort
The LifeCo Phuket Well-Being Detox Center
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Friendship Beach Resort & Atmanjai Wellness Centre

Been to Atsumi Retreat Healing Center? Share your experiences!