“tasty thai food, good music and good service with a real smile :)”
Review of Kebab House

Ranked #160 of 272 Restaurants in Rawai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Phone Number: +66 860 035 863
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We called in en route from Chalong to Rawai, and found a little restaurant .. it was a good surprise and offered a great selection of thai foods, polish foods and kebabs. The kebabs are cooked freshly on an outside BBQ so you can see - much preferred rather than hidden in the back of a kitchen!! The thai food is very tasty, good sized portions and i can heartily recommend the massaman curry. The owner has a good music selection and the waitress was very helpful (they can happily change the level of spice, nik noi, is not spicy!) and was genuinely friendly - i know this is the land of smiles but they were helpful and meant it. I will happily go there again and try some of the wide variety of food offered at very reasonable prices. They also do delivery if you can't make it there....

1  Thank super_padge

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Feeling peckish I popped in to the Kebab House. I was expecting only kebabs and was somewhat suprised to see a nice selection of thai and other cuisines. Often a place with such a varied menu starts loose quality in many dishes however at Kebab house every dish I've chosen has been tasty and beautifully cooked. As you may have guessed I'm now a regular in there. They will cater the thai food to the level of spice you desire. Be brave and enjoy it at the local temperature. ;) If you're passing by or staying in the local resorts it is well worth trying this place out.

1  Thank Jugglerjon
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife and I had been in Phuket for a day and were already bored with the menu at our 5 star hotel, so we went exploring. We saw the big brown sign for KEBAB and thought that'd be a good lunch filler for a few days over the next 2 weeks. The restaurant is in a small plaza on the busy Wiset road and is so much more than a Kebab house like the name lets you believe.

We walked into the contemporarily designed, clean, 8 or so table shop, and my wife wiped her brow because it's 90 degrees and ridiculously humid. The waitress noticed and immediately shut the door and turned on the air conditioning. What service! And this was just the start. I of course had to try the Pad Thai because it's cheap (80 baht) like me, and i wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing before i order the good stuff. I loved it. I've had Pad Thai at about 5 places so far on our trip and this is by far the best. My hotel is all Thai people, but i'm assuming they have some fancy chef from New York, because they don't know what they're doing with Thai food.

When we went to pay, i only had a 1000 bill, which is a bit much for a 240 baht tab, but it's all i had. The owner threw up his pointer finger and rushed out of the restaurant without saying a thing. About 2 minutes later he showed up with a gatorade and a bunch of change. Amazing, they didn't even ask me if I had anything smaller, just rushed down to the 7/11 and bought a gatorade, which he probably didn't even want, just to get me change. I'm sold.

We've eaten here I think 5 times so far and we've loved everything we've tasted. The owner Peter and his staff have been incredibly friendly and remember all the specifications we request (spicy, no tomato, etc.)

Definately gotta make a trip here, the Turkish, Polish, and Thai food is a bit to take in at one restaurant, but so far has been very impressive.

1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This place is a disgrace, prices are to expensive for what you get...
They don't cook in a kitchen as you would expect they cook outside on a barbecue..... I ordered the Omlet with minced beef and tomato sauce (expecting a spaghetti bolognese type meat) judging by the picture that's what it was!
The waitress then came back and asked me do I want chicken or pork? I said I want beef like described she says "sorry no do" Great....
My partner ordered a Doner kebab expecting beef also (as in photo) but he was told no beef only chicken... Is Doner meat not beef or lamb?
Once our food arrived it was cold and horrible.
My food was just fried egg with veg in a horrible sauce and barely any chicken. My partners was the smallest kebab ever with the tiniest amount of chicken and packed with veg.

We didn't eat the food but it still cost 300B. They where not even decent portions....

Oh also if you go onto their website it states "We do not cook, serve, or store pork or pork products of any kind anywhere in our restaurant" - yet I was offered pork or chicken!

Shame I didn't bring the camera...

We will never go back!

1  Thank Megan-Katie D
Reviewed 20 November 2011

The material they use is very fresh. The spice is extremely tasty. With this price, they are the best Doner maker on Phuket island. They also have a great Turkish soup. It goes very well with Doner. And the grilled beef is second to none. If you like a quick full meal, this is the place.

1  Thank ruengrit p

Been to Kebab House? Share your experiences!