“Expensive and poor quality”
Review of Baan Hat Rawai

Baan Hat Rawai
Ranked #198 of 255 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The price did not match the food. It looks very good from the outside but there were very few people there and we should have taken the hint. Very extensive and expensive menu, but disappointing and just not worth the money. Would not go back. The most exciting part was the ladyboy and my kids saw their first one as one of the staff and could not stop talking about it.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

During the last summer months (2012) the management of this restaurant has been changed, as well as the staff, the menu and even the tables !
So all the previuos reviews are now obsolete.

I used to go often to this restaurant and I have been surprised to find everything changed and to not find my old favourite dishes.

I have been for the moment only once, and I have to say that I found a good quality for the food (crabmeat in coconut milk and steamed fish with ginger chinese style), but not as good as before.

And the prices are substantially higher than in the past,

My impression is that they are targeting now more the foreign tourists (this area is undergoing a fast developement) than the local people.

Let's see what will happen.....

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Some friends tell us to visit this restaurant, it is far from kata & karon area but if you want to tast real thai food, you have to go there,all the food tast like home made clean and tasty ,we went every day to eat there while visiting phuket this year .

1  Thank ghassan-12
Reviewed 6 July 2011

As reviews before have mentioned, this is definitely a no-frills restaurant, but don't let the appearance fool you.

The food is absolutely fresh and delicious. I traveled with my two children and the menu had enough local dishes for them to choose from without having to go to the "Children's Menu".

We had the Tom Kha Gai (coconut soup with chicken), fried whole fish w/ chili sauce, fried noodles with vegetables and beef, and assorted rice dishes (steamed and fried), along with a slew of beverages.

Every single item was delicious and the service was warm but not obtrusive.

Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Phuket or Rawai!!

1  Thank RafaATL
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Authentic Thai meals in a no frills setting. Excellent food and friendly staff. Worth the visit for great food at budget prices.