“Fresh seafood, good service, but tourist rip off”
Review of Baan Hat Rawai

Baan Hat Rawai
Ranked #203 of 262 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Fresh seafood, good service, but don't go here unless you really don't care about price.
It was about double what anywhere else charges, including the hotel restaurants. My 300g crab would have been lucky to have weighed 100g - more idea of crab than anything to eat. Recommend you try elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Picked our own Grouper out of a tank and it was served deep fried with chilli sauce 20 minutes later and was absolutely delicious.We also had Tiger prawns and a fresh lobster served with garlic and pepper which was also delicious

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The price did not match the food. It looks very good from the outside but there were very few people there and we should have taken the hint. Very extensive and expensive menu, but disappointing and just not worth the money. Would not go back. The most exciting part was the ladyboy and my kids saw their first one as one of the staff and could not stop talking about it.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

During the last summer months (2012) the management of this restaurant has been changed, as well as the staff, the menu and even the tables !
So all the previuos reviews are now obsolete.

I used to go often to this restaurant and I have been surprised to find everything changed and to not find my old favourite dishes.

I have been for the moment only once, and I have to say that I found a good quality for the food (crabmeat in coconut milk and steamed fish with ginger chinese style), but not as good as before.

And the prices are substantially higher than in the past,

My impression is that they are targeting now more the foreign tourists (this area is undergoing a fast developement) than the local people.

Let's see what will happen.....

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Some friends tell us to visit this restaurant, it is far from kata & karon area but if you want to tast real thai food, you have to go there,all the food tast like home made clean and tasty ,we went every day to eat there while visiting phuket this year .

1  Thank ghassan-12