Just back from 6 nights in this resort. The resort itself is stunning with a fabulous pool and great rooms. Like previous reviewers advise DON'T get the rooms near the road to the side of the resort. There is so much motorbike noise from the road that we asked to have our room changed. It's worth saying in your initial booking that you don't want a room on the roadside. Those rooms are numbered from 2000 up. We were moved from 2223 to 1524 on the other side of the pool. Wonderful room, just like the pics and bigger than our first room. Everyone says about entering the room through the bathroom. Well in Australia you enter a small hallway and the bathroom is to the left or right behind a door. This is the same thing except that bathroom is huge and open plan. It works wonderfully well and is beautifully appointed with a free-standing large stone bath. You couldn't have this sort of room without entering through the bathroom! So that feedback is pretty petty.
It's important to remember that there is very little English spoken in Thailand. Having already been to Bali, we were shocked at how little English they knew. Including in the resort! Most of the staff can say very little at all and will refer you to someone else. Including the wait staff in the restaurant and the bellboys. We tried to get a bucket because I was sick whilst there, but having called the front desk and also a bellboy to the room, we never saw the bucket because they couldn't work out what we were asking for. Take my advice and take some of those disposable sick bags with you. Just in case you get crook, you'll have what you need.
Taxi from the airport is 900 baht. The resort will organise one for you but charge 1000 baht. If you get a taxi and they stop on the way saying they need to get money for petrol, be aware that this is a way to get you to sign up for a tour to one of the islands. The driver goes in to supposedly get petrol money while someone comes out and talks to you, making conversation and gauging if it's your first time here or not. It's not a good time to book when you are tired after a flight and you don't get to compare prices. We booked, then changed the date and then my partner developed a really nasty ear infection after swimming. I rang for two days trying to cancel the trip but couldn't get through. When I tried to get even some of my money back, there was no hope. When I said I'd write a review on their level of service, they said 'Go Ahead'.
Hire a scooter from anywhere and it usually costs $5 a day AUD. Great value and great fun. Check out the food and cocktails on the waterfront at Nikita's. Great service, great value. All in all, it was a great resort and a laid back place to be. Rawai is about 15 minutes bike ride from Phuket itself, so it's a little out of the way but well worth it to stay in this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is situated in a tranquil south west coast of Phuket- Rawai Beach. A four star resort featuring exquisite contemporary Thai decor and luxurious accommodation. Resort harmoniously surrounded by a selected enviropment & tranquil tropical garden. A short walking distance 200 meters from Rawai Beach, 5 minutes drives from Promthep Cape and 50 minutes from Phuket International Airport. Resort features a full service spa, 2 restaurant and 3 tier large free form swimming pool with pool up bar, a well-equipped fitness centre and beatiful landscape. Resort consists of 196 guest rooms. each spacious guestroom is elegantly decorated and furnished with high standard amenities, private balconies, ample seating area and luxurious bathrooms, designed for a relaxing and luxurious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rawai Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawai Palm Beach Hotel Rawai
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort Phuket