I'll start with the good.....
The rooms themselves are very nice, spacious, reasonably clean and modern with basic amenities. The hotel grounds themselves are lovely, great split level pool, lots of sun lounges and pool access points. There is also a great kids pool with a sandy beach area, shallow water and shaded pavilion for parents to watch the little ones.
And now for the bad…..
Unfortunately it's the front of house staff that ruin this place. Out of all the places I've been in Thailand, the staff here are the most unfriendly and unhelpful I've come across. Most spend all day playing with their mobile phones, and when you ask for something, you are made to feel like you are interrupting whatever they are so busily doing. This is especially the case at the pool bar and pool deck cafe. For an internationally advertised hotel, the level of English of the front of house staff was utterly ridiculous, communicating about anything from asking for a taxi to ordering a beer is multitudes more difficult than it needs to be. All this being said, the back of house staff - cleaners, drivers etc were very friendly, helpful and attentive.
The breakfast buffet is just on average, with a moderate selection of low quality foods on offer. The dinner served at the restaurant is an example of how bad food can be made even worse. We ordered a Thai Curry and crumbed chicken. The meat in both dishes was tough and stringy and the accompaniments were the kind of low quality food stuffs you would expect to find in the cheap section of a supermarket.
Rawai itself is not bad - the standard mix of expat / thai bars and seafood BBQ's. The beach itself is not one that you would want to spend time on - very dirty and covered with trash. The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus to and from some other nicer beaches which is a good touch and a reccomended activity.
If you have kids and my gripes seem like the kinds of things that don't bother you then this resort has the potential to be a winner for you. That said there are lots of other, better places to stay on Phuket IMHO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is situated in a tranquil south west coast of Phuket- Rawai Beach. A four star resort featuring exquisite contemporary Thai decor and luxurious accommodation. Resort harmoniously surrounded by a selected enviropment & tranquil tropical garden. A short walking distance 200 meters from Rawai Beach, 5 minutes drives from Promthep Cape and 50 minutes from Phuket International Airport. Resort features a full service spa, 2 restaurant and 3 tier large free form swimming pool with pool up bar, a well-equipped fitness centre and beatiful landscape. Resort consists of 196 guest rooms. each spacious guestroom is elegantly decorated and furnished with high standard amenities, private balconies, ample seating area and luxurious bathrooms, designed for a relaxing and luxurious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rawai Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawai Palm Beach Hotel Rawai
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort Phuket